Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293037 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7755 on: July 15, 2017, 10:24:40 am »

Sounds awesome. Is there a 40K version? I had a conversation recently about 40K, and I'm interested in trying it.

Nah, it's regular Warhammer, and it's a regular MMO not like a tabletop sim. It does have some of the best PvP I've ever played, in that you can absolutely be casual about PvP and still have fun.

40K is pretty rad, though.

And it's free? Where can I get it?

Return of Reckoning. It's fan-run, so not without bugs, but everything important works (ORVR, Scenario PvP, etc etc)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: July 15, 2017, 11:02:59 am »

After learning my mistakes, I deployed my 3x T-42-85, KV-85, and 2x SU-122 in a lengthy | formation in between some trees.

Then when the Germans came, the middle of the line, the T-42s, retreated, forming a C formation, with the SU-122 heavy guns at the 'tips', pointing right into Germans flanks. Then a sniper unit, that was hanging out near the KV-85, used its binoculars to provide spotting help for my tanks and the howitzers in the rear.

Result: 3 Panthers, five medium tanks and 3 self-propelled AT guns (including a Ferdinand!) wrecked, with my side losing as little as some paint of the armor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: July 15, 2017, 11:27:45 pm »

So, just finished playing a Pathfinder DnD game with my friends today.

Now, I'm a Warder, a class about, basically, getting hit really hard and giving no fucks.

And my character's happily embraced that.

So when one of my allies got grappled by a bipedal bear about 15 by 15 feet, I went "Fuck this" and charged.

Encompassing Glow on me, plus a nice spirit in my spear, meant I could deal a 3d6 of damage if I hit. It was also a gun with 6d6 base, 8d6 off encompassing glow, but firing on the charge isn't an option for me.

So I was basically gambling I could hurt the fuck enough to stop them from grappling a squishy.

I proceed to roll a crit, and with my other bits, my spear turned into a 9d6. Pretty decent, but not enough to kill.

Then the GM told me to roll 32d6.

The gun counted as well, and I wasn't aware.

So this little Dwarf in a suit of full plate, middle of a swamp created by horrible tentacle gribbles, proceeded to promptly jump on top of a giant bear and explode its head with a single strike. 168 damage at level 3.

I dealt over twice its max HP.

You gotta love crits.

Tabletop Pathfinder.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: July 16, 2017, 05:31:52 pm »

Was testing a ship design against a White Flayer Perdition. Like most WF designs, its AI is set to ram the shit out of you, to take advantage of the spinning murder-things on the front.

Even after the grinder is destroyed, it still tries to ram, and it has enough speed and mass for that to still be a threat. It had already flipped me over once.

The Perdition also has a very rapid-firing minigun on top that shoots much faster than anything I've ever built*. It must have ran out of ammo, or perhaps I took out its ammo supply.

Eventually finished it by wrestling it with the mass of my ship, forcing it under the water until the game had declared it dead*.

I basically performed the ship-to-ship combat version of taking out a knife-wielding maniac by breaking his arm and strangling him underwater until he drowned.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: July 17, 2017, 12:00:08 am »

I finally managed to beat the Super Multi Battle Tree, ending at last a long string of battles alongside Inez. Both of my Pokémon, Tapu Koko and a Mega Salamence, were taken out of the match early in a death sprint to take out Blue's Tyrantitar and Mega Alakazam. Inez's Regice chilled Red's Mega Venusaur, before being knocked out by his Snorlax. Fortunately, this sealed his fate as her next Pokémon was Terrakion, the Rock/Fighting Type who takes no prisoners. Game, set, match.

Finally, after far too many hours, I have fully conquered this game!

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: July 17, 2017, 04:24:27 pm »

Finished my first legendary campaign, playing with the Greenskins, in Total War: Warhammer. I probably will not play another legendary campaign, since I get too cautious and nervous when it's pretty much ironman mode. And that is not fun.

Total War: Warhammer, of course.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: July 17, 2017, 04:42:20 pm »

Completed the "Cook Off" job on Hard with the help of a veteran heister.

The take was about 6 million.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: July 18, 2017, 02:11:52 am »

So on a whim, I boot up SS13 and start a game. Little did I realize that my job preferences didn't stick so I got a job at random.

Clown.
Traitor.
Clown Traitor.
Objective: Kill the Head of Security.
Okay then.

While I'm no stranger to clowning around, I've never been a traitor before, so I'm conflicted. Should I follow this new path as traitor which runs contradictory to the antics of true clowndom, or stick to my roots?

Well, why not both?

So after reading up a bit on what to do, I decide I may as well spend it all before I forget to do something to hide my traitor PDA and someone sees it. I order a Macrobomb implant, a trick revolver, and a voice changer.

First things first, I grab a helmet that was lying around (people have already started throwing junk around or dying ala SS13), I stick my voice changer on it. I also jab my macrobomb implant into my own head, just in case. Then I follow the Roboticist into the robotics bay, steal some random robotics stuff and start juggling as if I were a regular clown. After he lets his guard down, I flash him, drag him into the nearby maintenance tunnel and force feed him my starting cyanide pill. Then I steal his ID and clothes, dress him in mine, and throw his body out the airlock. An idea came to mind and I went the flow from then on.

People have already started bringing in bodies to borgify, so I act as if I were a regular roboticist. I set up some borg bodies and pull brains out etc. When no one's looking, I pocket the brain and throw the bodies out the airlock.

About 20 minutes in, I've gathered a good assortment of brains. I head to one of the more populated areas of the station where the hull is particularly thin, welded the doors, and start throwing brains. When I ran low on brains, I started juggling the remainder. A few crew members were good sports and threw some of the brains at me, and I reached the point where I was juggling eight brains.

Now, security had gotten wind of this, and quickly came to apprehend me. After a short roundabout chase, I switched to my trick revolver and shot myself. At that point, all that was left was to "succumb" and watch as everyone nearby, including the head of security, was exploded into space gibs which then flew out into vast emptiness of space through the giant gaping hole that was once a station.

Since I was technically supposed to leave the station alive, it wasn't a victory, but I consider it a win.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:14:53 am by Blaze »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: July 18, 2017, 03:31:22 am »

*slow applause*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: July 18, 2017, 05:47:14 pm »

10/10 Actually laughed aloud great story
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: July 18, 2017, 06:15:28 pm »

What's a trick revolver?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: July 18, 2017, 06:30:58 pm »

CTRL+F, "Trick Revolver". Literally always shoots the user.
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: July 18, 2017, 06:58:47 pm »

So...why not just use a regular revolver? I assume that, in a game that revolves around murdering other players and generally trying to screw everyone over, it's possible to kill yourself.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: July 18, 2017, 07:22:56 pm »

I spent the last hour or so stuck in the SS13 wikiland, and apparently the bomb implants don't always go off on suicide. But apparently the Trick Revolver doesn't count as suicide for that? That would trigger the bomb.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: July 18, 2017, 08:19:57 pm »

So...why not just use a regular revolver? I assume that, in a game that revolves around murdering other players and generally trying to screw everyone over, it's possible to kill yourself.
I suppose it's supposed to be for tricking other people into using it.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 709