Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292758 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7785 on: July 20, 2017, 01:53:50 pm »

We're going to play four. I need the answers. I NEED TO KNOW WHO THE PATRIOTS ARE, OKAY. IT'S BEEN HAUNTING ME.

At the risk of further derailing this thread,

we need to go deeper
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: July 20, 2017, 01:54:15 pm »

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: July 20, 2017, 02:00:41 pm »

As a PC gamer I'm afraid I only really have access to 1 and V.

I know Substance (MGS2's PC port) exists, but.... It exists.

There's no ports for 3 or 4 as far as I can remember. Same for Portable Ops and Peace Walker (Sure you can get an emulator, but that still requires either fiddling around with controls or getting a controller)

I gotta agree with the comment on V being unfinished. Mother Base only really shows what you're gonna see on an FOB and serves no other purpose than morale and cutscenes.

Guards have lines while searching (after combat alert has been triggered) that imply attack dogs would be present in the game.

A plotline thread is left hanging, and it took a good bit of datamining before players figured out how it was supposed to end.

Anyway, not really an own but:

I've progressed to the point where Normal and Hard heists pose no trouble for me anymore.

Getting to level 100 (and consequently Infamy 1) is really just a matter of time and me not burning out, really.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7789 on: July 20, 2017, 02:58:14 pm »

There's no ports for 3 or 4 as far as I can remember. Same for Portable Ops and Peace Walker (Sure you can get an emulator, but that still requires either fiddling around with controls or getting a controller)
Yeah, no PC ports. There is a Vita port for MGS3 and Peace Walker has an Xbox 360 and a Vita release in addition to the PSP version.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: July 20, 2017, 03:48:52 pm »

Peace Walker also is part of a collection of MGS games (including 2 and 3, I believe) on the PS3.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: July 20, 2017, 04:31:30 pm »

There's a MGS3 port on the 3DS as well. I think it's an eShop exclusive.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: July 20, 2017, 07:12:03 pm »

No, there's a physical copy (I own one.) The framerate is a bit on the low side and it's difficult to cross tightropes/bridges while riding public transportation, but other than that it's pretty good.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: July 20, 2017, 07:15:14 pm »

Built a mining/refinery ship. To save design time, I simply cut off the top deck and weapons of the cruiser design I previously made, and replace it with material/fuel storage and fuel refineries. Added a retracting arm for the mining rig. For basic defense, I gave it a pair of 3-barreled flak guns... which ended up being kind of big. Also kept the previous design's anti-missile laser.

Tested it against a foursome of Deepwater Guard Drake planes. The anti-missile laser killed one, possibly two, by blowing up the missiles as they launched. The flak guns got the other two. None of the Drakes' missiles so much as damaged the refinery parts.

It won't hold against a naval attack, but a lightning-quick air raid is going to have !!Fun!! with that.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: July 20, 2017, 08:04:11 pm »

Somehow managed to get the "good" ending on my first play through, no guides. That final boss took a few tries but it really wasn't all that bad. The day was saved and the curse broken.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: July 20, 2017, 08:35:43 pm »

All I know about Metal Gear comes from Smash Brawl :V
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: July 20, 2017, 10:21:40 pm »

I accidentally'd an entire clan of vampires.

I thought it was a random dungeon!

Morrowind GOTY.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: July 20, 2017, 11:38:44 pm »

It's like that, but with more actual guns. Because Nintendo is fine with rocket launchers, but draws the line at rifles for some reason.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: July 21, 2017, 12:06:38 am »

It's like that, but with more actual guns. Because Nintendo is fine with rocket launchers, but draws the line at rifles for some reason.
It's an oddity, but apparently they're not the only ones.  I was actually reading about censorship in Sam & Max for the late '90s Saturday morning cartoon series the other day, and apparently the story there was much the same.  Speculating, handguns and regular firearms were a no-no since kids could conceivably get their hands on those if their parents are lax about gun safety, but rocket launchers?  No problem.  I can't imagine the reason necessarily being precisely the same in gun-shy Japan, but the logic seems plausible. 

EDIT: Drawing a better line between the facts and my own speculation.  My apologies.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:16:14 am by Culise »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: July 21, 2017, 12:31:08 am »

I think that it's also easier to make explosives look less violent than guns. You can make any explosion look comical or relatively harmless to the characters thanks to the smoke obscuring the moment the damage is dealt, but the only reliable way I can think of to de-intensify gunplay is a Looney Tunes-esque misfire.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 709