Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289480 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7815 on: July 23, 2017, 02:26:25 pm »

That ss13 talk has gotten me back into it, dang. I love swapping and assuming identities, espically as the traitor. I recently had a round where I was able to assassinate the captain and assume his identity as part of the objective to steal his pewpew gun. To play off the fact i was acting slightly different, i acted like i was possessed, going so far as to get the chaplain to bless me and it didnt work. The ending went something like this:

"Crew, i know theres been some talk- .... day-o! Day-oooooo! Daylight come and me wan go homeeeee"

The shuttle has been launched.

"I work all night and i drinka rum!"

Assistant McGetsthisreference: "daylight come and me wan go home"

Chief Medical Officer: "stack banana till the morning come!"

"Daylight come and me wan go home"

Bartender: "come mr.tallyman, tally me banana"

The rest of the station degenerates into madness until we all evac.
What really sealed the deal was i completely forgot about the gun and led a conga line to the shuttle.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 02:33:39 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: July 24, 2017, 10:31:19 pm »

I was playing a 5-way FFA on a one-planet system. After a while, it was down to me and one other guy. I realized that I couldn't beat him (I lost one of my really expensive units and ended up significantly behind him) but I could make sure he lost too so I started building a Ragnarok (it destroys the planet it's built on). It finished as his army started attacking and his units were in range/sight just in time to see it activate and destroy the planet (killing everyone).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: July 26, 2017, 05:04:33 am »

Spoiler: Death Road to Canada (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: July 26, 2017, 05:29:48 am »

Gratz. I don't think I ever won without it being a solo victory.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: July 26, 2017, 06:13:44 am »

Gratz. I don't think I ever won without it being a solo victory.
I blame CDDA and Roguelikes for my mindset, and reading your stories alongside those of the rest of the folks here as inspiration :P About the game, the scariest bit is the arms that suddenly appear when they're close, but it gets some getting used to, in at least the places have specific sets of loot that you can get. >_<
IT WAS SO HARD THOUGH, and I was panicking in several areas where I shouldn't have. It was the luck of fast doggies that saved me in places where I was so used to getting cornered and swarmed.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:03:25 am by Tiruin »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: July 26, 2017, 07:52:10 pm »

Designed a helicopter the the AI can actually pilot on its own. It has zero jet thrusters for movement or turning, not even jet stabilizers. Movement is all handled by exactly two heliblade spinners, plus one normal spinblock for pitch/forward control. Hell, the only reason it needed an engine(and thus, fuel) at all was that I made it out of normal metal instead of alloy, meaning the main lifter couldn't lift the weight, and I needed to buff it with engine power.

Control is done via several ACBs. The only downside is there's no easy method to change the hover height without reprogramming two of the ACBs. However, the height it's at(25m-28m) is good enough for its weapons.

EDIT: Finally won the attack on my home base. Spent a ton of resources adding repair tentacles to my main base to fast-build the laser airships, then placed a bunch of flak turret structures on a nearby island. Had to turn the battle size to maximum, meaning it spawned in both enemy airships(technically one is a helicopter). The first was destroyed after it did a full suicide run at one of the airships. The second was shot down to the waterline whereupon I shut off all my AIs, boarded the downed airship, and shot out its AI core. It is mine now.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:51:06 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: July 30, 2017, 11:55:41 pm »

I made a new build using Frenzy, Berserker, Specialized Killing, and the Maniac deck to stack up massive damage and damage resistance, using a silenced M308. Went in to cook meth on deathwish (not the highest difficulty, but still pretty high) with some friends to test it out. Actually worked out pretty well, the damage was high enough that headshots would kill most things (some specials sometimes requiring an extra shot or two) and the damage resistance was insane. Could wade though guys popping helmets for several critical moments before I was forced to seek cover. So, overall it worked out pretty well. My friends cooked and sniped from the top of the house as for the most part I entered a semi endless fight with the cops swarming in from below. At the close range I could headshot them almost as fast as I could shoot, only needing to retreat up stairs behind one of our almost invincible (seriously I don't think any of them died ever) converted police guys to reload and regain armor every once a while.

However, at one point we left the house, probably to put the meth in the truck or something, and everything went to shit. One of my friends got downed in a terrible place and he went into custody, and the house got completely overrun by cops. Blood thousands of 'em! Even my hysteria wasn't enough to face tank that many cops at once (specially since the guy who went down was a very support orientated character and was giving me a lot of damage reduction)... However, my one remaining friend had the inspire perk, allowing him to instantly and a distance bring someone up who was downed on a 20 second cool down... And we had a doctors bag right near the house... Que me running in, headshotting cops as fast as I could click my mouse, dying, reloading as I died, and getting pushed back to my feet as my friend inspired me though the wall. He was reviving me on cool down, and six downs, two minutes, two doctors bag uses, and probably like 50+ dead cops later I had managed to clear the house out and secure the top floor where we bunkered down yet again, waiting for the wave to end and to trade a hostage for our captured friend and our transport out to arrive. I think we didn't end up actually staying in the level very long overall. But it sure was quite exciting. And the build seems to have worked out as well, which is cool, it's about the highest damage build I can think of without buying the dlc weapons in the game, or using the sniper rifle (or like, crit pistol build which I guess can get to like 60-70% crit chance, but I find it a lot harder to constantly headshot with pistols and survive, even with 60% dodge) so I'm glad to see it still works on deathwish, if imperfectly.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:58:42 pm by Criptfeind »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: August 02, 2017, 02:17:34 pm »

I become the gunner of a helicopter that was piloted by an A.I. pilot. We flew over the enemy base, making strafing runs, when I accidentally pressed the dismount button. I survived the fall, to discover that place I fell on was the perfect sniper's nest. Eventually, I ran out of ammo sniping them. I noticed they had an unpiloted helicopter. I ran to the helicopter, because no ammo. I survived through the enemy ranks and got in the gunners side, because I have successfully flied a plane in this game. Then their tank saw me, and rammed the copter. I started shooting it, afraid it would blast me before it succeeded, but it was aimed wrong, and I destroyed it shortly before a bazooka took me out.
Incedentaly, in this game, I once got in the gunner part, while an enemy got in the drivers seat. I'm not sure, but I think I crashed the copter from the gunner's seat.

Ravenfield
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:06:24 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: August 02, 2017, 04:01:48 pm »

I become the gunner of a helicopter that was piloted by an A.I. pilot. We flew over the enemy base, making strafing runs, when I accidentally pressed the dismount button. I survived the fall, to discover that place I fell on was the perfect sniper's nest. Eventually, I ran out of ammo sniping them. I noticed they had an unpiloted helicopter. I ran to the helicopter, because no ammo. I survived through the enemy ranks and got in the gunners side, because I have successfully flied a plane in this game. Then their tank saw me, and rammed the copter. I started shooting it, afraid it would blast me before it succeeded, but it was aimed wrong, and I destroyed it shortly before a bazooka took me out.
Incedentaly, in this game, I once got in the gunner part, while an enemy got in the drivers seat. I'm not sure, but I think I crashed the copter from the gunner's seat.

!!! Wat game
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: August 02, 2017, 04:04:36 pm »

Finally defeated Delirium for the first time after many, many tries. I'm drowsy pills are great.

Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: August 02, 2017, 04:06:08 pm »

!!! Wat game
Ravenfield. Sorry I forgot to say what game it is. Incidentally it's free. Or at least the alpha is free. I have no idea if the beta is free.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: August 02, 2017, 04:08:17 pm »

!!! Wat game
Ravenfield. Sorry I forgot to say what game it is. Incidentally it's free. Or at least the alpha is free. I have no idea if the beta is free.

It sounds rad as hell
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: August 02, 2017, 04:09:08 pm »

PM me, and later I'll send you the link to it.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: August 02, 2017, 11:35:48 pm »

Huh. I didn't actually notice that you didn't say what game it was, because I automatically assumed it was arma.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: August 03, 2017, 03:11:45 pm »

What is arma?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!