Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292859 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8100 on: October 19, 2017, 07:20:00 pm »

It has.

A herd of war elephants... ye gods. It would not be a Boat you murdered. It would be the entire ruddy Ark.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: October 19, 2017, 07:26:05 pm »

That bug, to my knowledge, has been fixed.
It has.
If you do sell or butcher any, keep a breeding pair.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: October 19, 2017, 07:30:05 pm »

It has.

A herd of war elephants... ye gods. It would not be a Boat you murdered. It would be the entire ruddy Ark.

Now we need a picture to go with this quote...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: October 19, 2017, 07:31:18 pm »

Using my uber733t hax0ring skillz, I have bent my old 3DS to my will! I have broken it from its built-in prison. I can now do so many nefarious things.
For my first trick, installing a ROMhack of Pokemon Emerald. It works! I now have on-the-go Touhoumon.

Real Life
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: October 19, 2017, 08:05:07 pm »

Nice!  I have an R4 for DS Lite, for SNES emulation.  Doesn't work as well as I expected though, was kinda a waste (I still have an embarrassingly large collection of actual DS/GBA carts).  On the plus side, I can still play Metroid Zero Mission despite that cart dying.

I didn't have to do anything fancy for that, the DS (Lite, at least) just trusts the "cartridge".  I should mess with it some more, though, there's a lot of homebrew software I barely tried.  The SNES emulator for example, but also an e-book reader and web browser...

Of course, those are much easier on my smartphone.  Too easy :P
As is playing Pokemon Silver, heh.  I still haven't beat it, but it's nice to have available all the time, waiting for spare minutes.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: October 19, 2017, 08:15:28 pm »

That bug, to my knowledge, has been fixed.
It has.
If you do sell or butcher any, keep a breeding pair.
Yep.

I butchered one of the males for like 300 meat, and attempted to sell another to some elves who got pissed because the cage it was in was made of wood.

I missed this game

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: October 20, 2017, 07:46:20 am »

"Gary, is he trying to sell us an elephant in a wooden cage?"
"I do believe he is. Bastard."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: October 20, 2017, 08:10:23 am »

"Gary, is he trying to sell us an elephant in a wooden cage?"
"I do believe he is. Bastard."
"And an elephant's big enough that I can't use the old 'fit only for your kind' line."

My game giveaway

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: October 20, 2017, 09:55:55 pm »

Completed “Aim True, Ye Vengeful” with an S-Rank.

I did this by putting the both targets in a Jeep and driving it out of the mission area, something I didn’t know I was allowed to do before.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: October 22, 2017, 01:53:42 pm »

Realized that what I thought to be a pirate fuel station was in fact the main base of a legendary pirate faction, the Sol Marauders. The fact that it was surrounded by heavy defense platforms should have tipped me off. Luckily I had sent in to full fleets anyway. The rushed in and destroyed the defenses, a reinforcing pirate fleet, and finally the base itself. I had thought I was going to take fairly grievous casualties, around 40%-50% at least. I only lost one(out of 60), and a few others damaged including one losing their hyperdrive.

But that's not what this is about. There was a desert world in the same system as the pirate base I had a colony ship en route to. However, before I had even gotten my ships out of system, a Mortalen colony ship from the Kurramenos Territory jumped the claim. The should not have been able to at all since the system was too far from their territory, but apparently the colony range limit rule only applies to the player and not the AI and that's JUST OKAY! They even had the nerve to complain repeatedly that my ships - specifically the ship with the damaged hyperdrive that was physically unable to leave without repairs - were violating their territory. Seeing this insult as intolerable, I doled out some diplomatic abuse with trade sanctions and some espionage while my fleets got topped up, then declared war.

They started with an empire-wide population of around 20 billion and roughly similar military power. Now they're down to 8 billion, about half their colonies were taken, and their military is(and always was) a joke. I have not lost a single ship. The only major setback was when I dropped a single armor unit onto a very minor colony for an easy take. Seconds later, they revolted, raising up far more troops in rebellion than they did defending themselves. At the same time, one of my troop generals decided to somehow teleport to the planet just to die. The rebellion was thusly successful, but instead of going back to their parent empire, they joined up with one of my closest allies, the Securan Harmony, and is causing significant tensions. Had they gone to their parent empire, I'd have just raked the planet with rail guns until there was nothing left alive on the surface and ate the rep penalty. Instead, I have to hope that it doesn't wreck my relations with the space-whores because the space-whores want 10 million credits for me to peacefully buy the planet.

Despite that, my economy has almost tripled from the new worlds, and several of my fleet admirals(all the xeno ones unfortunately) have become quite skilled.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: October 22, 2017, 06:19:27 pm »

At the dawn of the 25th century, the galaxy was divided into three great powers.  The first were the xenocidal religious-freaks called the Casmonde Star Hunters who covered just under half the galaxy, of late subjugated beneath the heel of the rapidly-ascendant Kovil Zealots who had reawakened from their long slumber.  The second were the xenocidal metalhead-freaks called the Galactic Kehuk Hierarchy, who had gotten their start through warring with other genocidal powers but rapidly stalled out against their neighbors.  The third were the fair (as long as you're Alani), right-dealing (of course), and ascended synthetic Alani Syndicate, who had in spite of their pacifism expanded through their xenocidal dealings to cover the remaining galaxy, including the ancient remains of what had been a xenophilic fallen empire, and are probably the most pleasant of the lot in that they won't slaughter or consume you, but rather will simply assimilate you into good little Alani.  Needless to say, this is a rather unpleasant galaxy to live in if you're not one of the big three, and of the remainder, a small scattering of half a dozen or so lesser powers of which the largest rests a mere 9 worlds cluster around the galactic core, not large enough to be worth invading in this tripolar diplomatic situation. 

The growing malfunctions among the synthetic and robotic races of the galaxy had finally culminated in the awakening of an ancient evil, the Contingency, who sought to annihilate all life in the galaxy.  In this, their timing was ideal, for they had chosen to emerge in the middle of a war between the Alani and the Kovil.  Their positioning, however, not so much: their first sterilization hub emerged right next to the major Alani fleet logistics hub of Khahre, which was also serving as the staging ground for the Alani invasion of Kovil space immediately after the fleets had left for Kovil space and thus threatened to cut the invasion off at the knees.  The second and third emerged in Casmonde space, at which the Alani were amused.  Unfortunately, karma bit them right on the tuchus as the fourth sterilization hub emerged just two jumps away from their homeworld and first extrasolar colony, and a mere three jumps from the first of two major ringworlds they had constructed.  Their homeworld and the first extrasolar colony both fell to the Contingency threat, and the greatly expanded ringworlds, each of which were equal to eight of the very largest Gaia-class planets and housed the heart of Alani shipbuilding, were now at risk. 

Abroad, the invasion fleets successfully reduced the Kovil capital worlds in a series of invasions and extracted a white peace to free both great powers to handle the Contingency threats in their own worlds.  Returning, the invasion fleets systematically annihilated a major defensive fleet and offensive incursion arm combined over the skies of Khahre, securing the path to the first of four Sterilization Hubs.  While this occurred, dire tidings came from home: the Contingency was dismantling the new bodies of the Alani citizenry and repurposing them for use as Contingency drones, destroying the consciousness of the original inhabitants in the process.  With no time to wait for the main fleet to arrive, the home guard fleet was hastily reinforced by the full manufacturing might of countless trillions of Alani and dispatched to reclaim the homeworld.  Fire ravaged the skies of over the once-proud capital of the Alani Syndicate, Contingency warforms burning in the night as Alani fighter pilots hard-wired into their bombers drove home desperate attacks deep into their hearts.  In the end, the Contingency spear had been shattered, and as Alani troopers landed to galactic acclaim, the fleet moved to reclaim the annihilated colony of Azadrow, where the Contingency had already completed their purge of the local inhabitants, and the second sterilization hub.  With revenge in their hearts, the main Alani warfleet moved out to destroy the first of the two sterilization hubs in Casmonde space. 

The year is now 2426.  Three of the four sterilization hubs have been shattered.  The fourth remains, but the Kovil had forbade the Alani further access to their space, believing their own forces adequate to handle the Contingency threat.  While the Alani quietly scoff at this, as the Kovil have been thoroughly reliant on the emerged Amrocon Defense Protocol to handle the Contingency fleets in their space, they are not yet willing to force the issue.  Rumours also swirl about whether this is even the end.  Alani scientists have confirmed that the sterilization hubs are only repeating the Ghost Signal that continues to disrupt Alani cybernetic processes; the source is still unknown.  Still, the Syndicate is safe and its ancient homeworld continues to survive, even if the government now rules from the ringworld of Shahra.  The Alani fleet reigns supreme in their space, and perhaps only the Galactic Kehuk Hierarchy are a concern: taking advantage of the distraction of the two great powers, they consumed an ancient power that had survived in splendid isolation since the Kovil were young.  The long-term ramifications of this seem unclear as of yet.

...on a side note, I think I may have accidentally made the Kehuk and Casmonde too tough.  Both times I put the Casmonde in as AI, they've snowballed out of control. :P

EDIT:
Hee.  Soo, not an "own" or a "death" yet, but just in case you didn't think the above was enough of a cliffhanger, the game definitely a knack for timing.  I just declared war on the Casmonde to cut through their space to reach the last Contingency sterilization hub, and no sooner am I stuck in than a "mysterious galactic power surge" arrives.  Read: the Unbidden have just arrived, and the second crisis has just begun.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:24:25 pm by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: October 23, 2017, 04:42:42 pm »

Took out a Harasser by dropping an AT mine in its back seat during combat, which stuck to it as it drove away. Remember people, hitchhikers may be live anti-tank explosive devices!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: October 23, 2017, 11:43:37 pm »

Emergent gameplay.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: October 24, 2017, 04:27:01 am »

Finally obtained the Gelatin World Tour achievement!

My game giveaway

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: October 26, 2017, 04:27:22 am »

Dealt a devastating finishing blow to a certain very difficult bonus boss, as a character with no damage based attributes whatsoever.  First I gave him a status effect where any damage I took was passed on to him.  Then I walked around in the cursed fire we were both standing in for a bit, using adrenalin to keep my turn from ending.  He also hit me with an attack of opportunity, effectively hitting himself.  Then I healed him, which damaged him because cursed fire does that.  Next, I summoned a bloated undead blob that explodes for massive damage.  I supercharged the blob so it does 50% more damage but dies in one turn (not that that really matters).  Its damage is based on my summoning level, which is 15.  For my final preparation, I arrange myself and the blob in a triangle.  At this point he has gone from 8.5k health to 5k health.  If I don't kill him he gets to move.

Then I blow up the blob.

3.7k damage on the boss... and 3.7k more on me.  Insta-dead.  Unless my memory is failing me, that's over 10k damage in a single turn.  On a character who's highest damage attribute is 15 finesse.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:33:52 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 709