Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292643 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8115 on: October 28, 2017, 04:40:26 am »

And the game is completed! That was one of the most fun experiences I had with a video game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 04:43:20 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: October 28, 2017, 01:40:51 pm »

And the game is completed! That was one of the most fun experiences I had with a video game.

It is the betterest.

But you don't have invincible armor spells, and a lot of the skills have a special mechanic. It's more balanced.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: October 28, 2017, 04:16:21 pm »

Goddamn Rinzler is hard. Rapid attack combos that chip off about a third of my health, and he does this thing where the screen flips upside down. I eventually won by spamming block->Counter Rush, and occasionally dodging away and hoping he didn't interrupt me casting Cura to heal. Even then I still used up all my equipped Potions(he did occasionally interrupt my casting), and took a bit of a risk with the finishing combo for the win.

EDIT: Died a few times on a mission to kill a Warchief, the last I needed to kill. This ended up promoting/revealing several captains. One of the deaths was against one captain I already have a long history with: Hûmgrat Flame Monger. As his name suggests, he has a flaming explosive crossbow. And also a bunch of scars from when I stabbed him in the face repeatedly.

I did a few side missions since it had been awhile since I played(the reason for multiple deaths), then came back. I had to let them set off the alarm, then kill 35 of them. I killed about half a dozen of them, including one of the captains I promoted, Pigug Eagle Eye. Then I brought my kills up to 34 after shooting a stack of grog barrels. Shoving one more archer off a rooftop brought out the Warchief: Skoth the Destroyer. I quick look at his weakness revealed he was killable by stealth. So I ran, and lost pursuit. Then as he walking about in the open I dropped on him. Dead. And most of his army fled. Before I left, I found and ledge-stabbed Hûmgrat. As I was leaving, I started to consider taking out one last captain I had promoted trying that mission. Then I shanked some random Uruk and to my surprise, it was that very captain(I forgot his name and he's no longer on the list).

One more captain to track down, Târg Ear-Collector, he was located in the south of the map. Basically blitzed across the area, somehow not being seen, and shanked him from a ledge.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:33:32 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: November 03, 2017, 03:38:49 pm »

Now I know how it is to be Hapsburgs.

I inherited Hungary, Bohemia AND Burgundy at once. I also have 30+ vassals, across from Prussia to Mantua included

GLORY TO AUSTRIA~

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: November 03, 2017, 07:01:12 pm »

Speaking of greatness handed to you on a platter,
I have accidentally destroyed an MMR algorithm. Over the course of four seasons, I have consistently ranked Gold (2000-2500), with no variation whatsoever. My vision got worse recently, and while I waited to get new glasses I only played unranked matches so I wouldn't drag my team down with me while I fell in rank.

This avoidance of ranked play led me to finish  my placement matches late in for season six, when I discover I have jumped 250 points into Platinum (2500-3000). I win five games in a row, then lose five games in a row, leaving me confused about how good other platinum players are. Then the season ends. Season seven just started, and this time I got a 350 point jump into Diamond(3000-3500).
I have no experience at this level of play, but I beat the system if nothing else. Time to git gud, I guess...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: November 04, 2017, 02:42:58 am »

While I have not completed my placement for this season yet (comp is just so stressful, dosn't anyone play games to unwind anymore), I noticed the same oddity too.  I was just barely at plat last time I did competitive a few seasons ago, pretty much right at 2500, and when I did placement for season 7 I was a solid plat at 2845.

I suspect that blizzard is just lowering the requirements for getting more points in placement to get the more average players to feel they are improving, and get them to play more.  Even my friend made gold in season 7, and he insists on playing with a gamepad on pc.

(Also fairly confident he won't see this, he also likes repeatedly shooting above his target from what I see of his feeds, can't tell when the rest of his team is dead from voice comms when we're on the same team, and thinks he needs to shoot his allies with lucio to heal them.  So yea, not gold material by far.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:46:43 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: November 04, 2017, 03:56:19 am »

After over 150 failed runs, in the same run I managed to kill the Dragun for the first time, as well as complete construction of the Bullet to Kill the Past, and take out the Huntress' past. And just in time for the new update in the next couplish months.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: November 04, 2017, 12:26:04 pm »

There's still so much game left, too. If you aren't looking anything up, the only thing you might miss completely is that the statue at the beginning of the first floor does something for characters who have a past kill. Check it out if you don't like the d20 guy's hard mode. Can't wait to see what Advanced Gungeons & Draguns looks like, either, hundreds more synergies between items is going to be nuts.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: November 05, 2017, 12:38:36 am »

I've hit random page on the wiki for hours on end, so I know how much is still out there. It's that same feeling you get when your fort survives the first winter: you feel amazing, elated, you know it's possible to succeed. But there's also so much of the road left to walk, and it only gets harder.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: November 05, 2017, 01:17:20 pm »

Playing an evil fighter-mage, with Dorn, Kagain, Viconia, Edwin, and Montaron. Just wiped the bandit camp out with gusto. Tazoks tent deserves special mention. Dorn critkilled the human and Kagain splattered the gnoll in two strikes while Montaron rushed hakt. The rest of us poured magic into the mage. He got held so I had Edwin stab him to death with the dagger of venom.

BGEE
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: November 05, 2017, 05:27:49 pm »

Despite my worries, the final reform was passed... with no refusals!!

Austria can into Empire if you're just good enough! 8V

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: November 06, 2017, 05:39:34 pm »

Beat freaking Chernabog(this guy) with just the tiniest sliver of health left. He summons ghosts that cling to you and drain your health. You can shake them off, but you don't always through them off when you do, and I think I still had one on me when I got close enough to deal the finishing blow.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: November 07, 2017, 04:52:13 pm »

Granted, this was Easy difficulty, but on Easy difficulty your troopers will still die in one hit to enemy fire, even with personal armor on. And often your enemies will get to fire several shots if you leave them out in the open.

The Sectoids stepped up their game, bringing Cyberdisks into play.

None of my soldiers were killed.

None of the civillians were killed.

None of my soldiers got shot even once.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: November 08, 2017, 01:41:31 am »

At the start of the game (4000BC) the first civilization that I had met besides myself was Polynesia, and they effectively became partners with me pretty much instantly. They were also the only other civ on my relatively small continent, so all of my trade was with them until I was able to trade by ocean. By the time the Medieval era had rolled around, the Ottomans to the west of us had gone full retard and were attempting to annex Polynesian cities. Naturally, they asked me for help with this situation, seeing as the gunpowder units used by them were much more advanced than either of our militaries. We would have stood a chance together, but unfortunately I ended up doing all the work and getting all my samurai killed trying to liberate their city while Kahehameha sat back and did nothing. After a failed attempt, a rebuilding of my army and the invention of muskets, I made a second push and liberated Insert Name Of Random Polynesian City Here, returning it to its rightful owner before Suleiman's troops managed to even arrive to defend it. I was about to raze another Ottoman-owned city with my remaining guys just for effect when they negotiated a peace treaty which favored me. Figuring they learned their lesson, I accepted it, and that was the end of it until a couple hundred years later during the modern era.

By this time, the Ottomans were no longer going full retard, I had expanded and had mamaged to amass great wealth and build up a standing army, which was very powerful despite being not as technologically advanced as those of many other civs. Suddenly, one fateful turn, Isabella of Spain attempted to inform me that Polynesia was plotting against me and/or organizing a sneak attack against me. I disregarded this, believing it to be Fake News as my relationship with them had remained good for the entire game. Eventually, though, it turned out to be correct. Kamehameha made some condescending comment along the lines of "I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO LIKE YOU BECAUSE I FELT SORRY FOR YOU, BAKA" and pouring a fucking massive number of infantry, artillery and bombers into my borders with no warning. I spent almost all of my gold on fighters planes in an effort to defend myself from the bombers, and hoped that the dakka of my ground troops was sufficient to defend the homeland from everything else, and somehow it was, with me managing to destroy nearly all of Polynesia's forces while only sustaining damage to the area surrounding one of my cities. This left Polynesia's military in a hilariously weak state, with essentially no units left to defend their own cities from retaliation. I gave them essentially the same treatment that I had intended to give Suleiman, easily managing to capturing and razing two of their closest cities before ending the war.

And now I need to find someone new to trade with since I don't trust these guys anymore. I probably should have known they were insane when they banned salt worldwide, long before Spain said anything.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:44:08 am by IronTomato »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: November 08, 2017, 10:19:40 am »

Started a new game of Classic Ironman on XCOM Enemy Within. I swear I've got some kind of crack shot sniper. He landed 2 45% shots during the starting mission and got promoted to sniper. Since then he's landed almost every single shot that he's taken that was less than 50%. He's missed once so far. No scopes, no random promotions in accuracy or anything, pure default stats. He's some kind of bloodthirsty alien killing miracle worker.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 709