Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)  (Read 23596 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)
« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2011, 01:42:40 pm »

The OP is out of date.

The OP says that it is out of date.

It also says where to find the current turn list.

yeaaaaa...soz this post was posted real late at night...i read the front page the day after and forgot to edit this one XD soz about that
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2011, 07:59:55 pm »

Journal of Iggy McNatz, Mayor of Breakfastcudgels

I was asked to lead. I accept.

The gods demand sacrifice, and one was chosen. She will die, and while I sat pondering her demise the gods delivered a sign, a Hydra has arrived at our gates.

Corud Gabenifih.

Dobar Mistemgidthur shall face this beast, alone.

DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2011, 08:07:58 pm »

OOC:

Where is our front gate? We have a mess of walls, but I can't understand what, if anything, they are supposed to do.

Any insight into how I keep this beast out, or the population in, would be hugely helpful.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2011, 09:16:06 pm »

Please remove me from the list, I'm somewhat burned out on DF right now, and am going to move onto other games for a while.  Will still be around the forums, but not doing community games.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2011, 09:19:41 pm »

Please remove me from the list, I'm somewhat burned out on DF right now, and am going to move onto other games for a while.  Will still be around the forums, but not doing community games.
and so ends the story of yet another unfortunate dwarf, who is now doomed to suffer a fate worse than boatmurderered...REAL LIFE!  :'(
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2011, 09:25:40 pm »

Actually, I'm piddling around in EQ1 right now, and will probably be going back to Wurm Online in the near future.

Wurm Online is supposed to be getting actual skeletal animations for the avatars soon!  Not that graphics are terribly important, but If you do have avatars, it's better if they are actually animated a bit better than stop frame photography of a GI-Joe Kung-Fu grip doll.

heh
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 18, 2011, 12:07:36 am »

am i on the list yet? :D
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 18, 2011, 05:56:49 am »

OOC:

Where is our front gate? We have a mess of walls, but I can't understand what, if anything, they are supposed to do.

Any insight into how I keep this beast out, or the population in, would be hugely helpful.

We don't have one, just a ramp up onto the walls, and a ramp that leads down with no way to seal it
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2011, 09:09:49 am »

OOC:

We don't have one, just a ramp up onto the walls, and a ramp that leads down with no way to seal it

Really? Great.

Hydra, and no front gate. My year will be quick, and may result in the death of the fortress.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2011, 06:56:35 pm »

I can fix it. The Hydra problem of course...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2011, 10:02:04 am »

A note, hastily scrawled and tucked in the journal of Iggy McNatz

The hydra has come, I have mobilized the military, we have walls, yet no gate. The hydra must not breach our walls.

I shall devote my year to building a gatehouse, a true marvel of safety and security for dwarf kind!

OOC:

I'm killing the hydra, and ripping out the ramps. I'll put in a real gatehouse. Also, why is z-1 flooded? Did someone breach an aquifer?

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2011, 04:32:03 pm »

I've decided that as far as admin goes, I am only going to update the player list when PM'd.  You guys need to do poking to make sure the next in line starts.  Perhaps in a month or two I'll get back into it.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2011, 01:29:59 pm »

Also, why is z-1 flooded? Did someone breach an aquifer?
Yup, me, my constructing efforts probably made the fortress worse... but at least the walls and stuff looks cool  :D
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2011, 03:28:25 pm »

Yup, me, my constructing efforts probably made the fortress worse... but at least the walls and stuff looks cool  :D

Ok, I can fix that, I'll just use the un-powered magma stack to drop magma into the aquifer, and in doing so should be able to stop the flooding. What a mess.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2011, 03:54:16 pm »

Ok, I can fix that, I'll just use the un-powered magma stack to drop magma into the aquifer, and in doing so should be able to stop the flooding. What a mess.
Oh yeah... forgot about that, see at least I made you walls and a magma pump, I mean they're a bit dodgy and I screwed up the rest of the fortress but shucks
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13