Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1167042 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3765 on: January 12, 2012, 08:16:22 am »

I seriously hope the release isn't until after the 25th. I have deadlines to meet!

Sodding university...

For some reason I think the Sponsorship animals may help there.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: January 12, 2012, 10:17:00 am »

I just try to donate what I'd give for a commercial game that's amused me as much for a similar amount of time. So far, that's meant a single, kind of biggish donation when 31.xx had a couple of bugfix releases. If the update turns out to be as neat as it seems to be, I'll probably be repeating that.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: January 12, 2012, 11:18:18 am »

The daily devlogs have been really interesting. 

And is anyone else excited about the new info in the XML dump?  I'm pretty happy about it.  Think of all the awesome things DF LegendViewer can do now. And the expanded possibilities for using DF as a backdrop for tabletop campaigns. :D
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: January 12, 2012, 01:27:22 pm »

Think of all the awesome things DF LegendViewer can do now. And the expanded possibilities for using DF as a backdrop for tabletop campaigns. :D
Well, to be fully usable, Toady have to fix things like burning down same village 187 times in row...
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: January 12, 2012, 01:50:00 pm »

Think of all the awesome things DF LegendViewer can do now. And the expanded possibilities for using DF as a backdrop for tabletop campaigns. :D
Well, to be fully usable, Toady have to fix things like burning down same village 187 times in row...

Do you mean this bug?  Never hurts to link the report when you're trying to draw attention to a bug.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: January 12, 2012, 06:25:27 pm »

Do you mean this bug?  Never hurts to link the report when you're trying to draw attention to a bug.
Ah yes, this kind of bug. I forgot to link it.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Zesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: January 12, 2012, 08:57:26 pm »

The quest log reacts a little better to the new maps and building locations, and conversations will give you more location information about critters you are seeking out, especially vampires that are hiding off wherever in town.

Neat. Wonder how those quests will work.

"I think there's a vampire in that town. Kill it."
or
"Doris McHuman is a Vampire. He's spends his time in the tavern. Kill it."
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: January 12, 2012, 10:10:21 pm »

I can already see a guy sending you after his mother in law or another guy who just has an affair with his wife ^^. So much plot potential ...
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Zesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: January 12, 2012, 11:40:50 pm »

Human 1 has a grudge against Human 2. Human 1 sends you to kill the "vampire", Human 2.

You kill him. He's not a vampire. The town comes to take you out. You're dragged to the gallows, accusing Human 1 of giving you false information.

Quests of Tomorrow.
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: January 13, 2012, 02:08:17 pm »

With the improved item tracking, will trading something to the mountainhomes allow you to request it from the outpost liaison later on? Like, say, if you were to embark in a savage desert, sell a bunch of tame giant desert scorpions to the caravan, and then embark in an arctic glacier.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:13:34 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: January 13, 2012, 04:01:36 pm »

A very large chunk of the world is way left by U.S standards, especially in Europe >_>

I'm well left by European standards, so yeah...

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: January 14, 2012, 10:52:27 am »

I have two questions related to adventure mode:

1. Are we going to see new crafting skills introduced in adventure mode?

2. I read somewhere about necromancy being a "secret", and that "secrets" can be learned by reading a stone slab which has this secret engraved on it. Does this mean that it will be possible to become a necromancer in adventurer mode?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: January 14, 2012, 11:10:44 am »

Are we going to see new crafting skills introduced in adventure mode?
Not in the upcoming release, no. Expanding adventurer skills is a relatively-near-future goal, but that doesn't mean all that much on when we'll see it. In the meantime, there are mods that use the adventure mode reactions for this kind of thing.

Does this mean that it will be possible to become a necromancer in adventurer mode?
Yes. Toady specifically spent some time to make interactions usable by adventurers, and secrets learnable by them.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: January 14, 2012, 07:11:08 pm »

Am I the only one worried by the sentence "Targetting [has gotten slow] too, in all modes, something to do with the werewolf/necromancer checks" ?

Not sure if it's too technical to be asked, but Toady : how can a necromancer line of sight affect a non-necromancer targetting something ? Do you mean targetting as in chosing which body part to attack or the "fire crossbow"-type targetting ? And finally, what do werewolves have to do with any targetting at all ?

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: January 14, 2012, 07:28:54 pm »

And finally, what do werewolves have to do with any targetting at all ?
They can be... um... targeted??
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 298