Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 841139 times)

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2025 on: June 12, 2012, 04:02:02 am »

Urist shouted, "No, I have to fight the demons" No Urist, you are the demons. And then Urist was a warp god.

Fixed.

Seriously though, glad ya liked it. :D 
I plan on adding a little bit more theatrics to the mix than I did last time.  Or at least have my story ideas planned out before I dive into the fortress.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: June 12, 2012, 06:09:46 am »

I'd like to be dorfed in second or third wave as Krosan. I'll figure out a profession and nickname request once DG2 actually starts.

I'd ALSO like to lodge a standing request that DG2's firstborn dwarven baby be christened Lashidang the Demonspawn.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 12, 2012, 09:38:36 am »

I want to be dorfed too, as an speardwarf.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: June 12, 2012, 01:05:21 pm »

Oh, this is going to be good. So good :-D
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: June 12, 2012, 04:37:05 pm »

Oh indeed.  I'm looking forward to the Hell we shall unleash.

Also, I might add a little "surprise" to DG2's raws.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:40:23 pm by AnimaRytak »
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: June 12, 2012, 08:27:12 pm »

Oh dear.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 12, 2012, 11:38:23 pm »

Oh dear.

Assuming I can get the raws to do what I want them too.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: June 12, 2012, 11:58:59 pm »

I was reading today, and I saw a kotaku article about a Civ II game. Someone has been playing the same save file for ten years; the game has devolved into a total deadlock between the player faction and two CPU factions, all of which have maxxed out the research trees. The ice caps have melted multiple times, resulting in the entire world being flooded and converted to worthless swampland, most of which is also radioactive from the copious amounts of nuclear warfare. Peace is a myth, because typically one or both of the signers of a treater have nuclear missiles in the air while the ink is still dry.

I read this, and all I could think was, "Boy, that world sucks almost as much as Deathgate."
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: June 13, 2012, 12:04:04 am »

I was reading today, and I saw a kotaku article about a Civ II game. Someone has been playing the same save file for ten years; the game has devolved into a total deadlock between the player faction and two CPU factions, all of which have maxxed out the research trees. The ice caps have melted multiple times, resulting in the entire world being flooded and converted to worthless swampland, most of which is also radioactive from the copious amounts of nuclear warfare. Peace is a myth, because typically one or both of the signers of a treater have nuclear missiles in the air while the ink is still dry.

I read this, and all I could think was, "Boy, that world sucks almost as much as Deathgate."

Almost being the key word.

Although things weren't that bad in Deathgate until about Seth's turn.  He really turned Deathgate into a meatgrinder.

EDIT:

My little raw surprise is coming together nicely.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:48:30 am by AnimaRytak »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2034 on: June 13, 2012, 03:48:50 am »

So I've played through most of summer at this point. Will do a proper update tomorrow I suspect. Progress is being made on the danger room (located in a corner of the hellbunker and will be dwarf powered repeater and construction on the training spears to finish it is in progress (decided we need the full ten to have gods by time of AmimaRytak's turn. The lack of mechanics is greatly slowing down construction, but everything SHOULD be designated by the end of my turn, leaving Elder just to hook up the lever and start the patrol route. The route will run through the hell aqueduct, flushing our military into hell, with a retracting bridge controlling if they end up in the Hellbunker, or in Hell itself. FPS is painful, but at least the damn thing still running.

Unfortunately, I'm running into other construction issues; the two doors to allow save cavern breaching to get the water into the waterway both got stuck open during construction due to the massive amount of stone generated. I might have to dfhack the stone to clear it; dump item tasks don't seem to follow FILO, and this is becoming a blocker on construction. As it stands, I just need to build one last level, hook up the bridge and floodgates, and I should be ready to cast beyond that.

Also, the magma has pushed some of the ancient equipment down into pits, causing unhappy thoughts of anyone still alive.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 13, 2012, 02:39:31 pm »

I'd like a turn in Murdermachines! I'll find a way to weaponize deer liver in order to pay my final respects to the Paindeer of Deathgate. Makes me wonder wonder who the Badass Animals will be. Because we all know there'll be at least one.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 13, 2012, 03:08:34 pm »

You can bet on that.
Completely unrelated, but since the new subtitle is now Götterdämmerung, we have a theme song!
*begins humming Ride of the Valkyries"
I know they're from separate operas, but they're all part of The Ring, and that song is just awesome.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 13, 2012, 05:39:51 pm »

My little surprise is developing nicely.

There's a few hiccups though.  Like dwarves dying after transforming into [RECORD EXPUNGED].

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: June 13, 2012, 06:55:44 pm »

My little surprise is developing nicely.

There's a few hiccups though.  Like dwarves dying after transforming into [RECORD EXPUNGED].

Oh, I should so write up some SCP Foundation-style logs penned by The Mad Fool.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: June 13, 2012, 07:17:44 pm »

Currently, dwarves that transform into [EXPUNGED] do not change alligiences and still seem to bleed to death. Their [EXPUNGED] attack is non-functioning however.

On the bright side, the now bleed [EXPUNGED], and one of them is a match for 20+ dwarves.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 175