Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 841154 times)

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2040 on: June 13, 2012, 07:27:36 pm »

So, what you're saying that once they [REDACTED], they'll [REDACTED] our [EXPUNGED]?
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: June 13, 2012, 07:59:50 pm »

They [REDACTED] our [EXPUNGED] we'll have to [REDACTED].

I may have to modify the system though.  I don't know if these things will survive worldgen with their current reproduction system.

edit:
[REDACTED] attack now works as intended. 

Dwarves affected by [EXPUNGED] still don't change sides.  Not sure how to fix that.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:58:00 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: June 14, 2012, 09:30:29 pm »

You can make them crazed like the werebeasts or opposed to living like zombies.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2043 on: June 14, 2012, 10:07:49 pm »

What issues are you having with your raw changes?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: June 14, 2012, 10:19:32 pm »

Chiefly the issue was causing mobs to switch sides when they transformed from a syndrome.  I'm changing how the base creature works so it'll function without transforming, but if I can get syndrome-transformed dwarves to switch sides, then these enemies will be far more menacing in DG2.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2045 on: June 14, 2012, 10:22:30 pm »

make your converter critter be NOT_LIVING and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, and the conversion attack will have a [CE_ADD_TAG:] adding those two tags, making the converted into hostiles on the same side as the undead and life hating team.

If you like you can PM more questions, if it seems you got alot I can give you the link to my IRC for modding help and such.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:25:25 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2046 on: June 14, 2012, 10:51:20 pm »

Ok, quick update, fort stands at the end of summer almost, and the aqueduct is just about done (waiting for the floodgates to finish getting linked up. I'm really not feeling well, so I'm going to roll this update, and the partially drafted one into a megaupdate this weekend).

I should reach Fairbanks on Saturday, and Sunday is entirely dedicated to DF at this point.

EDIT: Also the second set of CARPs are done with their first bath. NRDL was the first one to reach H! on the health screen, so I've freed them, and preparing to submerge the first group again. WE SHALL HAVE BADASSES YET!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:54:50 pm by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: June 14, 2012, 11:05:59 pm »

Ok, quick update, fort stands at the end of summer almost, and the aqueduct is just about done (waiting for the floodgates to finish getting linked up. I'm really not feeling well, so I'm going to roll this update, and the partially drafted one into a megaupdate this weekend).

I should reach Fairbanks on Saturday, and Sunday is entirely dedicated to DF at this point.

EDIT: Also the second set of CARPs are done with their first bath. NRDL was the first one to reach H! on the health screen, so I've freed them, and preparing to submerge the first group again. WE SHALL HAVE BADASSES YET!

In the halls of hell from the ashes of death,  we rise!
CARP: Hellfire Phoenix Squadron
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: June 14, 2012, 11:45:20 pm »

"They shall be my finest warriors, these dwarfs who give of themselves to me.
Like stone I shall carve them, and in the waters of the Trade Depot forge them.
They will be of adamantine will and steely muscle.
In masterwork armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest weapons will they be armed.
They will be blistered by demonic disease, yet no other sickness will blight them.
They will have tactics, strategies, and mechanisms so that no clown can best them in battle.
They are my bulwark against our extinction.
They are the defenders of Fistmachines.
They are my CARP Marines...
...and they shall know no fear."
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: June 15, 2012, 05:52:42 pm »

Can I get Dorf'd for DG2? I don't really have a particular preference, but just stick me in as one of these Dorfs (obviously not all of them because that would be greedy/silly/ far too dorfy, but hey if a legendary engraver-cook-smith appears, I call dibs!), whatever happens to pop up first or be available:
-Mason
-Engraver
-Weaponsmith
-Sword or Speardorf
-Cook

For the name, call him Shigun. Family/last name doesn't matter. As for a job title... Call him "The Fansubber" regardless of what sort of profession he actually gets.

Also, can I get a shot at overseering DG2? I assume it'll have its own thread too right? Also, is Deathgate officially over now or are we still waiting on someone to wrap up and plunge it into eternal death? I'm dying to see the last save file before it gets snuffed out. What version are we running off of again for DG1?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:57:42 pm by PsychicKid »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: June 15, 2012, 06:10:33 pm »

Can I get Dorf'd for DG2? I don't really have a particular preference, but just stick me in as one of these Dorfs (obviously not all of them because that would be greedy/silly/ far too dorfy, but hey if a legendary engraver-cook-smith appears, I call dibs!), whatever happens to pop up first or be available:
-Mason
-Engraver
-Weaponsmith
-Sword or Speardorf
-Cook

For the name, call him Shigun. Family/last name doesn't matter. As for a job title... Call him "The Fansubber" regardless of what sort of profession he actually gets.

Also, can I get a shot at overseering DG2? I assume it'll have its own thread too right? Also, is Deathgate officially over now or are we still waiting on someone to wrap up and plunge it into eternal death? I'm dying to see the last save file before it gets snuffed out. What version are we running off of again for DG1?

Deathgate isn't closed yet, not until it dies.
But everyone's just pumped for DG2 even though DG1 might still be running for months.

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: June 15, 2012, 06:18:45 pm »

Deathgate isn't closed yet, not until it dies.
But everyone's just pumped for DG2 even though DG1 might still be running for months.

Well, I'll be around at least. Not much going on for the summer besides a 20-hour-a-week internship, then I only have 2 classes this fall to take. Aside from that and fansubbing, I'll likely have plenty of time to throw at DG2 once we get around to it. Of course, I have no idea what 2013 holds since I'll have graduated by then, heh.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: June 15, 2012, 10:06:01 pm »

I'm just completely stoked to see what kind of madness DG2 will create under its own power.

You thought the place was incomprehensible before? Now we're going to have railways that themselves will qualify as chaos architecture.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2053 on: June 16, 2012, 03:47:04 am »

Made it to Delta Junction, AK, and played out the rest of summer yesterday and today. Almost ready to cast obsidian and partially flood hell ...

Strangely, no human traders showed up (yet). Is it possible we've managed to extinct them?

Zuntir "ThatAussieDwarf" Gikuturdim
Galena 18th 777
===

Progress continues on my plans forthwith, with the archery walkway now extending far over hell, its progress outpaces my greatest projections.

In another stroke of good luck,  AnimaRytak came bursting in today, shouting that the probation against danger rooms has been lifted! To celebrate this good fortunate, the former head the military decided to thank me in person.

I question what caused our founder to change his mind, but I shall take full advantage of this new development.  I ordered construction of a constant supply of training spears to be created ...

Just to find out that our only carpenter is currently under water.

Blast!

Still, I have other things to worry about before I can bring my full attention on the danger room. One of the children took off running shouting something about purple elephants before claiming a craftdwarfs workshop.

My minions report he's gathered a large pile of supplies ...

And has now started construction ...

In other news, our mayor managed to wall himself into a corner. How he managed to it, I have no idea. While such stupidity should equal death, as a noble, he would only be replaced with another, and after all, it is so easily to control those who have no understanding. I've thus sent a miner to release him from his prison.

As that is being done, I've reviewed the progress on Id's aqueduct, and found that all that remains is some simple wiring and the device is operational.

While I can't forsee a use to dump large amounts of water into hell, I suspect I'll find a reason to do so sooner or later. I thus gave orders to link the control levels to the floodgates, and to have miners prepare to breach the cavern layer.

As I finish this report, one of my minions reported back two bits of news. First, one of the children is now an adult serving me for the betterment of myself.

Secondly, another useless artifact been completed ...

I decided to check the progress on the CARP training, and have removed the CARPs from their watery prison. Now that Id is no longer surronded by the military, my plans shall now proceed.

.OOC: Ok, so my writing on this update sucks, but I'm feeling like crap. Summer pretty much passed quietly. As soon as the last mechanics finish, I'll flush water into hell, and that should HOPEFULLY bring the frame rate back into double digits.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: June 16, 2012, 04:00:47 am »

I'm just completely stoked to see what kind of madness DG2 will create under its own power.

You thought the place was incomprehensible before? Now we're going to have railways that themselves will qualify as chaos architecture.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=111303.0
^This. Make one of these that unloads the severed heads of our enemies onto our enemies.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 175