Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 841116 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2055 on: June 16, 2012, 04:50:04 am »

I'm just completely stoked to see what kind of madness DG2 will create under its own power.

You thought the place was incomprehensible before? Now we're going to have railways that themselves will qualify as chaos architecture.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=111303.0
^This. Make one of these that unloads the severed heads of our enemies onto our enemies.

As much as I love minecart defenses (DF met OpenTTD, it was awesome), I still wish siege weaponry was more leathal. Its still personally my favorite fortress defense system even though its horribly broken in a bad way ...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:07:17 am by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 17, 2012, 03:03:42 am »

The [REDACTED] is making progress.  Moving into civ-creation testing.

Still a few bugs to work out.  They bleed a little easier than I'd like.  Plus I want to make their skin and skull thicker.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2057 on: June 18, 2012, 12:24:11 am »

Slowly making progress, about to cast obsidian, the last mechanisms got hooked up, but I think one of our miners is now stuck in midair due to ... something(?)

He's No Job, won't move, and seems to be standing on a partially channelled floor ...

(I'm reminded of Battlefailed ..)

EDIT: Another dwarf just came and channelled the spot he was standing on, and he started moving once he fell a z-level. No injuries as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:25:54 am by NCommander »
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2058 on: June 18, 2012, 01:58:54 am »

I'd like to add that Deathgate has its first still alive official BADASS

(we're about to add a second badass marksdwarf as well, they're 10exp away from hitting elite, as soon as she's done reloading their crossbow).

Heros work a bit oddly, so I'll include a summary for anyone who's never gotten elites with my turn update.

(as an aside, a large chunk of the magma sea has now officially drained into hell, and we have a large empty cavern where magma once was)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:25:46 am by NCommander »

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: June 18, 2012, 02:10:55 am »

Technically that's like our 12th badass or something.  The others sort've uh... met their ancestors.

Also, it would be worthwhile to obsidianize that new cavern.  Deathgate needs farmland.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2060 on: June 18, 2012, 02:27:49 am »

Technically that's like our 12th badass or something.  The others sort've uh... met their ancestors.

Also, it would be worthwhile to obsidianize that new cavern.  Deathgate needs farmland.

I didn't know we had elites before, edited the post to reflect its a *still* alive badass.

Seriously, the two elites have killed 6 of the training goblins with just a single silo of bolts. (equipping the archers with silver bolts seems to have seriously upped their lethality)

As for casting the cavern ... well, I've had bad luck with obsidian casting, but I could try it; its not like we have a shortage of water or anything.

Eldes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: June 18, 2012, 12:31:38 pm »

I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this save! Draining the magma sea, aqueduct into hell, and the first elite in what must be years! This is truly epic.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 18, 2012, 03:31:49 pm »

I would like a turn, if this fort is still around by then.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: June 18, 2012, 04:40:15 pm »

I would like a turn, if this fort is still around by then.

Overseer applications are closed.

You'll have to wait for the sequel.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 21, 2012, 01:00:26 pm »

Hey howdy howdy! I'd like a turn at DG 2. Soonest plausible, preferably =)

Also, if I could be dorfed as a male...(flips coin) accountant!(by which I mean broker+bookkeeper), preferably first immigrant wave.

Finally, I would like to propose a motion that everyone listen to O Fortuna whenever reading the thread, preferably on loop.
EDIT: Hmm...or this. Or, if I'm being honest, anything by them. 'Cause really, what sums up what we're going for than a song entitled "To Glory"?

EDITEDIT: I also propose that this be the theme music for DG2. After all, we're going for the same premise :P

EDITEDITEDIT: Suppose I should add that I'd like to come as a returner
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:15:24 pm by scaliper »
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2065 on: June 21, 2012, 02:50:09 pm »

Side note: Work been extremely busy, preventing from doing the next writeup.

I've blocked out time in my morning to get it out tomorrow.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: June 21, 2012, 05:24:29 pm »

The problem with O Fortuna is what happens when you mishear the lyrics.
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2067 on: June 21, 2012, 05:36:18 pm »

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: June 21, 2012, 05:38:49 pm »

Heh, I've seen a bunch of those. Actually, that's probably the best I've seen. It ruins the song a little bit, but it's still epic-sounding :)
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2069 on: June 21, 2012, 05:41:08 pm »

I still like the orginal but I'm all for a good laugh. SALSHA COOKEIS, WINDMILL COOKIES, GAVE YOU GONOREA! my fav part was "some men like cheese, hot temperate cheese"
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 175