Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254497 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2011, 11:21:19 pm »

Quote from: Me
I've run a server for me and 3 others for over 7 hours now. Works almost perfectly, except a millisecond of lag that you really notice with the Demon Eyes and Slimes. Other than that it's running good though. I too port forwarded but no one could connect, so I had to set my router to DMZ. I hope they get that sorted out.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2011, 11:22:40 pm »

Quote from: Me
I've run a server for me and 3 others for over 7 hours now. Works almost perfectly, except a millisecond of lag that you really notice with the Demon Eyes and Slimes. Other than that it's running good though. I too port forwarded but no one could connect, so I had to set my router to DMZ. I hope they get that sorted out.
IP/password please?

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2011, 11:24:29 pm »

The paralax option will make the background, underground (past the dirt layer) kind of scroll when you move, the higher the setting, the more it scrolls.
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2011, 11:25:18 pm »

Went thru 2 servers already attempting to construct something epicish.  Dug out the walls for a golden throne room in the first and then most left as the server was about to be dropped, then got partway done on a stone bridge on the second when server apparently went down for the night. 

Have not even made any equipment for myself yet, its all been wooden picks/hammers in the earth.

Would love to get on a good server thats up a bunch for this.

PS: still need to finish my scripts for everyone for megaprojects.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2011, 11:31:47 pm »

I'm not currently hosting a server. A little burnt out after 7 hours of trying to herd cats. Think I'm gonna go SP for a while and dig a nice, quiet hole somewhere.

I've just set my router to DMZ as well. Friend says Hamachi causes lag..

Doesn't seem to be working though.

Not sure what else to do. You launch two instances of the game, run one as a server, unblock the game from your firewall, set DMZ and give them your IP address. (Not your local lan IP address.) We haven't had any trouble connecting once that was done.

Although I've had lag with as few as me and one other person. Small lag, but noticeable. Probably just flaws in the netcode.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2011, 11:35:23 pm »

I hate this game so much...

For coming out and enticing me to lose sleep when I have to be up early tomorrow.  :'(
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2011, 11:41:09 pm »

I was having a large amount of trouble making a server too.  Then on a random tip I disabled all my network stuff in device manager EXCEPT my main connect to the internet doohicky.  Yes disable even hamachi unless yer using it.  After restarting both copies of terraria that did the trick.   And of course forward port 31337 and tell your firewall to let it through.

Just had a blast in a little 2 player game.  He ended up with a female char because he liked the long hair look.  We died to zombies (wow multiplayer really ups the spawnrate)  I gave him my bow, we died to zombies more.  I stealthfully dragged the moon offscreen, we went into a cave.  He died, I didn't.  Then he crafted stuff, then we summoned eye of kick your lowbie ass repeatedly, then we pvpd for a bit where I discovered that shurikens are god in pvp by getting my fully armored silver sword ass handed to me repeatedly by what was basically a naked newbie with a stack of shurikens.

Lots of fun, satisfied customer.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2011, 11:43:50 pm »

Can I playz Multi too???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2011, 11:46:48 pm »

Indeed; nenjin, if you are up to sharing your I.P in a PM, I would be appreciative!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2011, 11:55:44 pm »

I would also hold interest in such details.
Went to left side of the world, past corruption, found the dungeon and a meteor (Only iron pickaxe) and finally the beach. Fun tip: If you want flippers, try at the beaches at the end of the world, they have chests in the water that are likely to contain them. And trust me, flippers make under water cave exploring a billion times easier.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2011, 11:57:07 pm »

Sorry guys, I'm all out of mojo for multi tonight. I'll make a new world tomorrow and leave it up for people to dick around on. There IS also Akylon's server, which he leaves up. The info is in the thread on the first page.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2011, 12:00:59 am »

Aaaahhh.... there really, really needs to be more common occurances for the ores. I've spent 7 hours with only copper weapons and a copper helm. I've actually dug to lava and have not found enough ores to make stuff. :(

The sad thing is I've located two altars in the underground layer, which according to the wiki is really rare... I wish that luck actually gave me something useful instead.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2011, 12:06:25 am »

I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2011, 12:16:35 am »

Usually easier to just dig around the water, or make little tubes reaching to whatever you're trying to get. You can build on the side of the wall that's submerged, full the area in your reach with blocks, then mine out the inside core. Leaves a dry path, basically zero risk.

Alternately, dynamite :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 887