Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261416 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #990 on: May 19, 2011, 11:57:43 am »

Any servers up?

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 19, 2011, 12:02:24 pm »

Got pretty bored of this already. Nothing else left to do.
And the Minecraft mindset kicks back in.

"Alright, NOW I build an amazing structure of awesome."

Plus they will be adding content with decent rapidity.  Plus if you're beating the game this fast it's probably not for you.  :)  It's a game that seems to be built for the journey, not the destination.
For free?
Thank you based dwarf.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 19, 2011, 12:04:23 pm »

Got pretty bored of this already. Nothing else left to do.
And the Minecraft mindset kicks back in.

"Alright, NOW I build an amazing structure of awesome."

Plus they will be adding content with decent rapidity.  Plus if you're beating the game this fast it's probably not for you.  :)  It's a game that seems to be built for the journey, not the destination.
For free?
In the form of updates, yes
*Hugs*

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 19, 2011, 12:24:23 pm »

The constant mobs in Terraria are annoying. I'm trying to explore, find interesting stuff and I'm having to hold off a horde of demon eyes and zombies that keep knocking me off hills. It's not even a blood moon.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 19, 2011, 12:25:57 pm »

HOLY CRAP.

On steam Terraria is ahead of Team Fortress 2 and Portal 2 on the "Most Played Games" list!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 19, 2011, 12:35:27 pm »

The constant mobs in Terraria are annoying. I'm trying to explore, find interesting stuff and I'm having to hold off a horde of demon eyes and zombies that keep knocking me off hills. It's not even a blood moon.

Hahaha, demon eyes and zombies. Those aren't that bad. The problem is places like the dungeons (angry skeletons EVERYWHERE, casters casters argh) and hell (fireimps *shakes fist* Serpents PitA, too, but those imps!).

Anyway, the normal night time stuff is pretty laid back compared to some places in the game. The spawn rate does seem pretty bloody wonky right now, though. Sometimes you'll go an entire night, not see more than 10 zombies, other times you'll have to kill or bypass 20+ just to get past a single bloody screen -- and that's not even on blood moon nights. It's crazy.

And worse in multiplayer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 19, 2011, 12:38:42 pm »

And worse in multiplayer.

That...explains a lot :D
We had a neverending wave of zombies spawning right outside our screen. It was paaiin, as we had to pass through them in order to reach for the exit :P

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 19, 2011, 12:39:43 pm »

Generally, if you can't make progress because of too many enemies, you need faster ways of killing them.

On another notw, why is this map shitting copper and iron at me. It is the third night, and I've got a gold pick, 5 gold bars, 2 silver bars, 29 iron bars, 40 copper bars, and I've found a life crystal (didn't get it because no hammer) and a demon altar right under the spawn point. I like this map.

Oh, and several parts of the largest corrupted area overlap with and open into the underground jungle. Getting some of those shadow orbs will be Fun.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #998 on: May 19, 2011, 12:40:23 pm »

I haven't been so addicted to a game since DF first released. I've racked up 28 hours already. This is a nightmare for my productivity :P Damn you, Re-Logic!

Did anyone else flood hell? And the dungeon, before killing Skeletron? It's pretty epic trying to navigate a still-flooding dungeon with skeletons trying to kill you and causing new rooms to flood. The design is perfectly suited to it, too - lots of air pockets, doors everywhere, etc. It's madness. Best self-trolling I've ever done.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 19, 2011, 12:40:59 pm »

40 hours here.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 19, 2011, 12:41:16 pm »

I think the phases of the moon affect spawn rates. It would be a neat thing and I remember the devs making a point about the moon phases, so here's hoping this is an actual thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 19, 2011, 12:44:44 pm »

Insofar as I've been able to tell, the only thing you can't mine with a gold pick is ebonstone.

Anyway, re: Jungle, I went in with silver armor + mining helmet and an enchanted boomerang. Set up a little hornet farming station (4 blocks on left and right of character, two platforms just above), pointed my cursor up, and turned on autohotkey until I basically had full cobalt and enough stingers to make a thorn chakram. Then it was running around killing maneaters for vines and collecting roses until I had enough to finish the chakram and make an ivy whip. The occasional skeleton attack even got me my first hook, so it was all good.

You can set up an even better hornet farming station if do something like so:
Code: [Select]
PP###
OOCC#
#OCC#
#OCC#
#####

P = platform, O = open space, # = block-of-some-sort, C = Character. Then just shoot a rang (or flail-type weapon) out the opening. Can also just swing a sword or pickaxe, but that takes a lot longer. Then you just hold down the button (or toggle autoclick) until loot showers you from the sky.

It's not the hornets which cause me grief, it's the damn roses. I have 40 stingers and no roses to use with them.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 19, 2011, 12:54:39 pm »

Start cutting grass.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 19, 2011, 12:55:04 pm »

It's not the hornets which cause me grief, it's the damn roses. I have 40 stingers and no roses to use with them.

For the roses, you literally have to cut the roses off of the ground, so get to mowing that lawn!

Edit: Ninjaaaas!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 19, 2011, 01:08:42 pm »

Good news: Goblin raid!
Bad news: WHERE ARE MY FUCKING ROCKET BOOTS?! D:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 887