Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261488 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - Updated: Sunglasses, console server, and more!
« Reply #3015 on: June 03, 2011, 08:31:33 pm »

?

Flooding hell is a basic strategy, there's nothing wrong about it.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: June 03, 2011, 08:35:47 pm »

Apart from it making mining hellstone a hellish task in hell. Me and a friend did it as well, only our hell is filled to the brink. Infinite water glitch ftl :(

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: June 03, 2011, 09:44:56 pm »

Giant pyramids. Giant pyramids are the solution to fire imps.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: June 03, 2011, 09:54:20 pm »

Or Vertical tunnels. Have no horizontal space for them to stand on and they don't spawn! ^_^

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: June 03, 2011, 09:59:42 pm »

okay, first time playing since the patch.  After spending an hour or so exploring a cave system, I remember that you can resize the window now.  I hit Maximize, of course, and immediately joygasm.

Spoiler: Big image! (click to show/hide)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: June 03, 2011, 10:35:08 pm »

okay, first time playing since the patch.  After spending an hour or so exploring a cave system, I remember that you can resize the window now.  I hit Maximize, of course, and immediately joygasm.

Spoiler: Big image! (click to show/hide)
Why are there two pixels cut off of the vertical?

I am disappoint.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: June 03, 2011, 11:02:02 pm »

I am disappoint.

You and your same-vertical-resolution monitors.  I have a 1600x1200 to my left as a secondary, my main is 1920x1080.  As for why there are pixels cut off, that's because mine's an in-game screenshot rather than a full prntscreen job.

With that being said...
Spoiler: Allow me to retort! (click to show/hide)

I made that world exclusively to be my house - no mining, no sky island farming, no meteors, nothing.  As you can see, I have done precisely nothing with the space I flattened out for myself.  The construction project isn't stopped due to a shortage of material, it's stopped due to a shortage of imagination.

Though I must say I *am* proud of my organization. The six rooms along the center of the house are color coded.  Each has two chests; the left houses raw materials such as bars and bricks, while the right has all of the armor and tools for that material.  The back walls provide an at-a-glance means of identification.  From bottom to top, it's Copper, Iron (stone wall due to non-existence of iron wall), Silver, Gold, 'Other' (Shadow,Necro,Meteor,Jungle), and Hellstone (backed by red brick).

You may also notice the 16 chests in the top of the tower.  These each contain up to 5 copies of 4 items apiece, and are in alphabetical order (chests 1-8 on the left, 9-16 on the right).  Unique items such as those found in chests or crafted from things found in chests (or basically anything magical) take up 13 chests, for a total of 52 items.  The next two chests contain monster drops (bones, hooks, etc), and the final chest is just miscellaneous stuff I couldn't find any other place for (Cobweb, Jungle Rose, Glowing Mushroom Seeds, Gems).

I have almost every item a few times over, but I haven't found a Flamelash, a Whoopie Cushion, and now a Wizard Hat.  Oh, and I still need to craft three more phaseblades - Red, Yellow, White.  I have the gems, just not the meteorite.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: June 03, 2011, 11:24:41 pm »

Are wizard hats that rare? I was in Kael's server and found two within a minute down in the caves.  This "Tim" mage attacked me two times and he dropped it both times.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: June 04, 2011, 01:05:49 am »

I got another two harpoons. At this rate I'll have a chest full of them before I kill Skeletron.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: June 04, 2011, 01:20:45 am »

Are wizard hats that rare? I was in Kael's server and found two within a minute down in the caves.  This "Tim" mage attacked me two times and he dropped it both times.
We do have increased creature spawns.

And the server is awesome.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: June 04, 2011, 01:46:10 am »

Finally hit a real cavern that isn't a dead end, got some awesome loot, then took on iCthulu 3 nights in a row and then beat down a Blood Moon the next night :D I wasn't progressing for the longest time, 14.5 hours and I had all copper stuff. Then I got an enchanted boomerang, and used it for surveying. You can throw it all walls and stuff and if you have enough space, it'll throw sparks a good 8-10 blocks into the wall. So you can see into the walls without digging in, or if there's something worthwhile, you can dig in and grab it.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: June 04, 2011, 04:53:51 am »

So jungle armor is a rare drop, right? Then how did I manage to get 3 pairs of jungle chest plates and a greaves on the first try?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: June 04, 2011, 05:13:02 am »

So jungle armor is a rare drop, right? Then how did I manage to get 3 pairs of jungle chest plates and a greaves on the first try?

The only rare part seems to be the helm. It took me four seperate trips and approximately 5 hours of non-stop Wasp-slaughtering to find a single helm, whilst during that time I found at least 5 chestpieces and three pairs of boots.

Also, no matter what the wiki might say, maneaters do not drop Jungle set pieces. Ever.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:16:36 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: June 04, 2011, 05:15:25 am »

If the odds are unchanged from what cobalt had prior to the change, it's just random which one you'll get last.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: June 04, 2011, 05:39:31 am »

The only rare part seems to be the helm. It took me four seperate trips and approximately 5 hours of non-stop Wasp-slaughtering to find a single helm, whilst during that time I found at least 5 chestpieces and three pairs of boots.

Also, no matter what the wiki might say, maneaters do not drop Jungle set pieces. Ever.
I have 2 helms but nothing else :S
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 887