Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261111 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - Updated: Sunglasses, console server, and more!
« Reply #3240 on: June 07, 2011, 07:15:08 am »

Hey, I have earned my boots back in version 1.0, I have been flying since you were dodging red slimes. MY STARPOWER IS MAXIMUM! If anybody can shoot down a vent the size of a womp rat without a guidance system, it's either going to be me, or that guy that just made out with he's sister. The difference is that I make it look good.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: June 07, 2011, 07:17:13 am »

See, I could shoot the vent down, and then have the meteor shot ricochet and kill you as a side effect. What skill ranks I didn't put into Heavy Weaponry got dumped into handguns.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: June 07, 2011, 07:19:03 am »

Man, you should of been putting all those points into your grapple skill.  :P

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: June 07, 2011, 07:56:35 am »

Meh, google gives me nothing. Explain.
code rant
What did you use to examine what packets were being sent? And what did you program said tool in? This has me more interested in Terraria than anything else at the moment; as an aspiring game programmer I know I've got a while to go (and a bit more school) but to take a good hard look at a game I like that would be easily poked at...

Seems like too much of an opportunity to pass up  :D
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: June 07, 2011, 11:09:03 am »

At one point, she also said something along the lines of "I've seen bigger... Wounds, that is"
Gotta love the nurse!

Also, flying ships seem quite popular. I think there needs to be more sea ships. Gen a world with a high ocean, and flood an area. For bonus points you should only dig down in areas with water, using water-locks or something. Perferably flood the ENTIRE world with water with multiplyers or something. That'd take a while however...geez, we need map editors for this kind of thing!

You do realise now we have to make a world full of ships and have some sort of bay12 pirate battle?
Blargh.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: June 07, 2011, 11:11:37 am »

And instead of sinking the enemy ship, we just bring water into it with buckets!!!

Come to think of it, it'd work a lot better with submarines. Just play until the enemy sub is completely flooded.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: June 07, 2011, 11:29:14 am »

I wanna be a pirate now.

It'd be cool to  get some use out of the 'ol musket.

Unless it's futuristic pirates which means space stuff.
Everybody!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: June 07, 2011, 11:34:38 am »

Nah, normal pirates. Gear is cloth, sunglasses, grapples, harpoons, flintlocks, muskets, and normal metal weapons. And buckets. Play until the enemy ship fills with water.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: June 07, 2011, 11:42:30 am »

Roll To Dig is set up, capped at 5 players on Server. ^_^

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: June 07, 2011, 12:47:18 pm »

code rant
What did you use to examine what packets were being sent? And what did you program said tool in? This has me more interested in Terraria than anything else at the moment; as an aspiring game programmer I know I've got a while to go (and a bit more school) but to take a good hard look at a game I like that would be easily poked at...

I have to say, this made me cry when I read it; isn't the first rule of these sorts of things: NEVER TRUST THE CLIENT?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: June 07, 2011, 12:53:40 pm »

code rant

I have to say, this made me cry when I read it; isn't the first rule of these sorts of things: NEVER TRUST THE CLIENT?

I think it is. But Sony didn't know that, judging how their fiasco's been going on well over a month now  8)

Like he said: Red is more of a game developer than a programmer. He has ideas and ideals, but doesn't seem quite up to maintaining the massive heap of code this game is going to become.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: June 07, 2011, 01:15:53 pm »

But doesn't all this mean that we can have a whole ton of fun with it? I'm not really sure what the drawback is!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3252 on: June 07, 2011, 01:37:33 pm »

But doesn't all this mean that we can have a whole ton of fun with it? I'm not really sure what the drawback is!

The drawback is that griefers WILL use these tools/flaws to screw with any multiplayer terraria game they can join.

And it is a really horrible design pattern, it makes my software engineering brain bleed.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: June 07, 2011, 01:44:32 pm »

The drawback is that griefers WILL use these tools/flaws to screw with any multiplayer terraria game they can join.

And it is a really horrible design pattern, it makes my software engineering brain bleed.
You have a dedicated software engineering brain? Ooh, do you have a spare theoretical physics one? I could use it for my research.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: June 07, 2011, 02:09:10 pm »

I have a spare theoretical physics brain, in theroy.
I've played a guitar with my penis.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 887