Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254354 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

EoC is possible with full copper and enough shuriken, I've heard. EoW is easy but I don't know how easy, and Skeletron is probably the hardest.
EoC is real easy, so long as you have space to dodge. I've done it with no armor and a harpoon.

I doubt you can kill EoW with Shuriken now, EoW body sections were significantly buffed. The 10 damage the shuriken deals isn't so nice when it's cut to 3.

Of course, if you give yourself hellstone platforms, an obsidian skull, and enough dynamite you could probably do it with a fresh character with 100HP and no armor.

Edit: Derp, misread EoC as EoW.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:40:55 pm by Blaze »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Of course, if you give yourself hellstone platforms, an obsidian skull, and enough dynamite you could probably do it with a fresh character with 100HP and no armor.
If you can manage to not blow yourself up, too. I'm very bad at dodging my own explosions.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Also, make sure you summon the EoC and Skeletron at sunset. Made the mistake of starting a battle at 2 to 3 am more than once.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

My first Skeletron kill was achieved by me running and jumping back and forth on the ground outside the dungeon (unflattened) spamming musket balls with a minishark. Only took about 2.2k to do it, too, and I used maybe 5 healing potions.

Also, if you can get a star cannon and a single stack of stars, assuming mediocre accuracy, you should be able to get him down to around 500hp in less than a minute while using maybe one potion. Then just use whatever you want to finish with.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Yeah, but in the time it takes you to get a full stack of stars you could have went to hell, mined enough hellstone to make a full set of hellstone gear and then flooded hell and went back down to get the obsidian to make the bars.
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Or you do it the easy way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

So, I've occasionally found that program called TerrariaPngLoader which allows you to replace game sprites without changing the core files.

Just a copper helmet preview for now, I am really tired now so it took almost 5 minutes to draw.

I promise that I will release something soon :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Didn't you have those experimental sprites in the other thread? You had all the basic metal armor, I believe. They looked pretty nice to me.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Those were really small. These are 40x40 per item. And animated :P. So I will have to draw every frame.

P.S. Does it mean that you preferred the old, pixelated look of the helmet? Or are you just reminding me? :)

P.P.S. One of the first things I am going to do is to make scarier monsters :D.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:48:51 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I was just reminding you. And scarier EoS's and Devourers? YES. HELL YES.
Anyway, good luck with the spriting!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Those were really small. These are 40x40 per item. And animated :P. So I will have to draw every frame.

P.S. Does it mean that you preferred the old, pixelated look of the helmet? Or are you just reminding me? :)

P.P.S. One of the first things I am going to do is to make scarier monsters :D.
The old pixelated look of everything, actually. It's just... stylish, somehow. Looks like an old-generation platformer. With higher-res sprites, it'd look too new. Plus you'd have to redo ALL sprites in one resolution, otherwise either the new or the old ones would look bad, depending on which are more abundant.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep, that's the plan. I don't mind current pixelated look at all, I just want to make my own tileset in the future.

P.S. Another option is to make two versions of each armor, which is not a problem. I am mostly going after a design, not a resolution.

Terraria uses 2x2 dots for everything, so that's why it is pixelated. So those 40x40 look like 20x20.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

Hey, do you guys have any tips for finding Floating Islands on Large Maps?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile

Skybridges and rocket boots are how I found all of mine.

Ignore that mapviewer program I downloaded.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Hey, do you guys have any tips for finding Floating Islands on Large Maps?

The simplest  method is to look at surface areas where the background soil extends above the surface as if a big chunk of blocks had been ripped out of the ground.

Some people also suggest shooting fiery arrows strait up because if they hit something the fire will go out, but I think that on large maps most islands are high enough to not get hit anyway.

The cheatery way is to load up your map in terrafirma.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 887