Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261443 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #6450 on: December 03, 2011, 10:25:42 pm »

Just make a hellevator as an overflow.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6451 on: December 03, 2011, 10:26:47 pm »

Okay, damn. Failed two tries on the Twins with full mythril (ranged hat) and an upgraded Star Cannon.  They're just too fast for me to dodge or stay on target; would the best way to deal with them be building a map-long skybridge and just running along that at top speed, firing backwards?

From what I understand if you're gonna try to solo the hardmode bosses, you want adamantine at least. Consider an adamantine repeater with a bunch of cursed arrows, might do more damage overall. Megashark with cursed bullets would probably be a similarly good idea.

Again, haven't tried those guys yet, so I'm just making uneducated suggestions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: December 03, 2011, 10:27:58 pm »

Just make a hellevator as an overflow.

That's what's happening now, but there's this whole thing going on above where my base is, and I don't feel like turning my base into a sluice way. And I planned to have 6 or 7 pumps going eventually...that's a lot of water.

Man, I think I could probably build a whole world around this concept. The center of the world is just one giant flowing column of water going straight to hell.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: December 03, 2011, 10:43:46 pm »

DERP SLIME IS BEST SLIME

So, yeah, I finally beat the WoF, but I forgot to make a molten pick before I did- and my nightmare pick can't crack Cobalt. Am I totally boned?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: December 03, 2011, 10:56:12 pm »

You can still make a molten pick you know.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: December 03, 2011, 11:00:12 pm »

Yes.

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: December 03, 2011, 11:05:55 pm »

Haha, Gimli is a possible name for the Demolitionist (who is short, which means he's probably a dwarf)
I've gotten Demolitionists named Fikod and Urist, I was quite happy to see them.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: December 03, 2011, 11:08:19 pm »

Is it possible to make an infinite lava faucet using pumps?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: December 03, 2011, 11:10:05 pm »

You can still make a molten pick you know.

You say this like getting back down to hell isn't going to be a complete nightmare (especially with my woefully inadequate armor)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: December 03, 2011, 11:13:17 pm »

Is it possible to make an infinite lava faucet using pumps?

Haven't tried lava. The pumps mention water specifically, so who knows.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: December 03, 2011, 11:20:48 pm »

There's ALMOST nothing new in Hell during hard mode, so getting down there is the only hard part. If you don't want my old pick, consider a hellevator or new small world.

Almost? As far as I can tell, the only difference is the occasional hardmode enemy spawning above you.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: December 03, 2011, 11:27:43 pm »

Okay, damn. Failed two tries on the Twins with full mythril (ranged hat) and an upgraded Star Cannon.  They're just too fast for me to dodge or stay on target; would the best way to deal with them be building a map-long skybridge and just running along that at top speed, firing backwards?

From what I understand if you're gonna try to solo the hardmode bosses, you want adamantine at least. Consider an adamantine repeater with a bunch of cursed arrows, might do more damage overall. Megashark with cursed bullets would probably be a similarly good idea.

Well, like Naxza mentioned, they've got obscene amounts of health, but I wasn't really having trouble with anything other than how fast they are; trying to fight them on the ground or in an iCthulhu arena is tantamount to suicide. If my logic is correct, a very long skybridge should give me plenty of space to just hoof it, drawing them out onto a horizontal chase, where I can get a decent hit percentage. Their ranged attacks are dodgeable and not too bad, but their charge is absolutely murderous, even on a 50+ wide 5 level arena.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: December 03, 2011, 11:48:44 pm »

Well, like Naxza mentioned, they've got obscene amounts of health, but I wasn't really having trouble with anything other than how fast they are; trying to fight them on the ground or in an iCthulhu arena is tantamount to suicide. If my logic is correct, a very long skybridge should give me plenty of space to just hoof it, drawing them out onto a horizontal chase, where I can get a decent hit percentage. Their ranged attacks are dodgeable and not too bad, but their charge is absolutely murderous, even on a 50+ wide 5 level arena.

Isn't gravitation and swiftness enough?

It sounds like speed artifacts are better than armour.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: December 03, 2011, 11:56:54 pm »

The best way to take on any of the hardmode bosses are with wings. They just move too quickly for rocket/spectre boots.

As for weaponry, don't bother taking on the twins with melee weapons, they'll just outdamage you. Typically you'll want something that's easy to hit with so you can focus more on dodging than aiming. Repeaters, CA rifle, or if you've beaten the Destroyer already, Megashark are ideal weapons in this regard, so long as you have plenty of ammo. Crystal storm and the laser rifle would be their caster counterparts, and neither require boss souls; though they eat up MP rather quickly so bringing a mana flower and plenty of MP pots is necessary to keep your attacks constant. Since these are all rapidfire weapons, jacking up your crit rate will do wonders.

The destroyer on the other hand, is quite susceptible to melee weapons, since you'll hit multiple times and swat away the probes which give hearts.

Personally, I find the Destroyer easier than the twins. So long as you don't let the probes become more than an annoyance and duck away when he goes into his laser firing sequence you should win with little problem. Destroyers drop souls of might, which are required for the Megashark, which you can turn against the twins for an easier battle.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:16:42 am by Blaze »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: December 04, 2011, 12:34:06 am »

What about Metroid Skeletron Prime?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 887