Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261625 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #6930 on: December 09, 2011, 01:23:40 pm »

Agreed. Spaz is a fucking asshole.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: December 09, 2011, 01:26:03 pm »

I rerolled my accessories until I got everything to be arcane or warding.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: December 09, 2011, 02:03:17 pm »

Blargh.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: December 09, 2011, 02:08:24 pm »

Here's hoping I don't have to regen my world again...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: December 09, 2011, 02:12:10 pm »

Weather! Snow! Candy bricks! :D

I wonder if it's temporary event download or maybe toggle-able add-on or something.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6935 on: December 09, 2011, 02:14:45 pm »

But cursed bullets are better.  :P
AHA, you clearly haven't tried using crystal boolits against the eyes of Wall of Flesh. The difference in damage is downright absurd. To put it in perspective: A single burst from the clockwork assault rifle with cursed bullets deals what, 31 times 3 damage, not counting defense? Definitely some pretty heavy damage, but i've gotten what looks like 200 damage per burst against the eyes of it with crystal bullets, since the eyes have 0 defense.

That said though, cursed bullets probably do outperform crystal bullets against heavily armored foes, which includes most hardmode foes. Having a gun with high base damage helps crystal bullets a lot though, since the wiki mentions that the shards do 60% of the original bullets damage. With a minishark, that's not a lot (60% of 15 is what, 9? Basically nothing against hardmode foes). With the assault rifle or megashark, that's downright terrifying, especially since bigger foes often take multiple shards to the face. The burning effect of cursed bullets PROBABLY outperforms this when the enemy in question has a ton of armor though.

... aw shoot sextuple ninja. Winter wonderland looks fantastic and awesome. C:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: December 09, 2011, 02:23:48 pm »

But I've never seen Skeletron Prime (not his arms) catch on cursed fire even after I spammed him with a 100 bullets or so. I switched back to crystal to quickly end the fight before daybreak.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: December 09, 2011, 02:27:32 pm »

Okay, after loitering a lot on Kael's Server, now I will be back to SP.

After I mine out Adamantite and make armor out of it, which Hardmode boss I should nab first? As in, which is the 'easiest'?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: December 09, 2011, 02:30:15 pm »

Hmm.

Personally I'd go for the twins. Their health is the least insane. Which set bonus do you have?

I'm going to makem an eye, and probably kill it on the server, As there is a nice, prepared walkway there.
Everybody!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: December 09, 2011, 02:30:25 pm »

Honestly I wanna like cursed bullets, but simply put. If you aren't using a shitty gun crystal is better, objectively. I only really use cursed in small stacks to tell me whenever I've depleted a stack of crystal.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: December 09, 2011, 02:31:48 pm »

The Destroyer.

Kill him, then make a Megashark. Then rip new holes into the now-very-easy-to-kill enemies.

You should go for Skelly Prime next, then kill The Twins.

My advice to killing the twins is to go to Kael's server, then get to the space-elevator on the spawn thing until you reach a platform with heart and mana statues. That way, you'll just have to hop around.

Also, before taking on Skelly Prime, go get some wings. It's pretty much essential to get maximum mobility to kill the hardmode bosses.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: December 09, 2011, 02:32:40 pm »

I'd think that the destroyer (the snake one!) might be easiest on account of lasers.  A few "active stone block" walls and good lever control, you can generate or remove cover to block incoming lasers or to maneuver and shoot.  Of course that's some crazy lever control...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: December 09, 2011, 02:33:50 pm »

Hmm.

Personally I'd go for the twins. Their health is the least insane. Which set bonus do you have?

I'm going to makem an eye, and probably kill it on the server, As there is a nice, prepared walkway there.

The Twins are extremely tough, or more accurately, Spazmatism is really tough to kill, as he keeps dodging around and shooting high-damage fireballs that can catch you on fire, dealing even more damage. A person with hallowed armor set will still have troubles against him.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6943 on: December 09, 2011, 02:47:53 pm »

Yeah, the Twins definitely aren't screwing around. Spaz in particular will have you jumping and flying around like a madman (ESPECIALLY after the half-health mark, hot damn), and then Reti shoots the shit out of you with lasers while you're busy dodging Spaz (though Reti can also bump into you). In other words, you should probably bring mates for this fight. Reti also becomes a huge threat once his health drops below half. ALL THE LASERS, EVER. And they're really fast and painful. Probably managable if you kill Spaz first, but don't let your guard down.

I'd say the Destroyer is easier than Twins, though it still takes ages to kill it (80k health dammit redigit y u do dis). If you manage to get full addy armor, the body only causes like 7 or 8 damage, so you can just hack away at it while the probes get caught in the schwinging. This i will say though; flamethrower is hideously effective against it and any other worm. Sadly that requires you to kill Skeletron Prime first. Fortunately for me, a mate brought some souls of fright over, so i didn't have to fight Skelly. :U (though i'll probably still do it now that i have a shiny megashark)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: December 09, 2011, 03:07:17 pm »

An Excalibur (requires Might, which is dropped by the Destroyer himself) can whittle his health down really fast without consuming any ammo, if you're frugal. The flamethrower is also effective, as you said. Using the chainsaw is good too, but only if you have no other replacements for it, since it's hideously low range will get you probed. I say if you've got the stars, use the Starcannon. The stars will drill through without any problems, and deal respectable damage. Cobalt swords are good for minimalists, but you'll likely get killed if you don't keep on your toes.
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 887