Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261165 times)

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7290 on: December 14, 2011, 09:25:12 pm »

I just had a goblin army attack, and I can confirm that east means west ingame.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: December 14, 2011, 09:43:14 pm »

Come on guys, we gotta work this out. When we build our rocketship, how we supposed to know which direction to go in to enter prograde, geostationary orbit?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: December 14, 2011, 09:49:18 pm »

Obvious answer is down. Rocketship must have giant drill. Stage one of burn will power the drill to the core of the planet. Stage two will deploy the core-capture device, consuming the planet's solid core to use for planet-pool. Stage three will explode violently, sending the core outward in the appropriate bank shot to knock the fifth planet in the system into the nearby blackhole. Several thousand years later, the core will actually reach the hole's proximity... and miss.

In other news, anyone else came to the sudden realization that there's probably better than 50/50 odds we destroy the sun at some point in Terraria's future? The sunglasses will be involved, somehow. Most likely the trigger will bring a freaking-giant shade-wearing sun boss down upon you, making the screen incredibly bright.

Once you win, everything goes dark... and the real game starts.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: December 14, 2011, 10:21:11 pm »

It won't involve throwing the sunglasses into lava, that's for sure. They're green tier.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: December 14, 2011, 10:21:39 pm »

Obvious answer is down. Rocketship must have giant drill. Stage one of burn will power the drill to the core of the planet. Stage two will deploy the core-capture device, consuming the planet's solid core to use for planet-pool. Stage three will explode violently, sending the core outward in the appropriate bank shot to knock the fifth planet in the system into the nearby blackhole. Several thousand years later, the core will actually reach the hole's proximity... and miss.

In other news, anyone else came to the sudden realization that there's probably better than 50/50 odds we destroy the sun at some point in Terraria's future? The sunglasses will be involved, somehow. Most likely the trigger will bring a freaking-giant shade-wearing sun boss down upon you, making the screen incredibly bright.

You have to kill Cthulhu first. He's a little mad that you summoned the eye right out of his face.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: December 14, 2011, 10:22:53 pm »

You have to kill Cthulhu first. He's a little mad that you summoned the eye right out of his face.

Like a hundred times!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7296 on: December 14, 2011, 10:25:41 pm »

Like a hundred times!
And then you summoned his two replacement super cool mecha eyes and killed those too!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: December 14, 2011, 10:27:17 pm »

Like a hundred times!
Good thing they grow back so quick!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: December 14, 2011, 10:30:10 pm »

And then you summoned his two replacement super cool mecha eyes and killed those too!

Multiple times even, if you're like me and want all the hallowed hats and a rainbow rod and a magic harp.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: December 14, 2011, 11:00:17 pm »

Not. All. Planets. Spin. The. Same. Direction.

Napstsd.

West is left. Left is beautiful. West is beauty. Real-world-centrists! CAST OFF YOUR CHAINS! Today, the sun rises in the west. Embrace it.

By which I mean free for all PvP flamethrower fight at dawn. Feel the burn, heeheehee.

Or the game's perspective camera is just facing the wrong direction. From North to South instead of South to North.

Basically, this. West is left, east is right. Either the camera is facing south or the sun rises in the west, either makes sense and will give you a reliable direction for the goblin invasion.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7300 on: December 15, 2011, 07:48:16 am »

Can I spawn multiple Eaters of Worlds from worm baits at the same time? I broke a bunch of shadow orbs and got 2 EoW:s simultaneously, but can I get like 10 of them with worm bait? Would speed up my Soul of Night farming.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: December 15, 2011, 08:05:34 am »

"I can't believe they tied me up and left me here just for pointing out that they weren't going east!"(Referring to the fact that the visual in Terraria is facing South, and West and East are thus swapped from their usual directions)
I rest my case.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: December 15, 2011, 08:21:34 am »

Can I spawn multiple Eaters of Worlds from worm baits at the same time? I broke a bunch of shadow orbs and got 2 EoW:s simultaneously, but can I get like 10 of them with worm bait? Would speed up my Soul of Night farming.

Try it. If the first Eater is still alive, using more worm food will just do about ten thousand damage to you.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: December 15, 2011, 08:32:45 am »

Try it. If the first Eater is still alive, using more worm food will just do about ten thousand damage to you.

Which is really disappointing to me. I'd love to have forty Eye of Cthulhu's on the screen at once.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: December 15, 2011, 08:34:03 am »

Isn't it Xmas update day?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 887