Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254447 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7395 on: December 16, 2011, 12:13:27 am »

Probably Wymar.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: December 16, 2011, 12:18:10 am »

I don't think its running ATM.

^

It's down currently, and Kael's still isn't updated, so no B12 shenanigans for now. Also, the snow horde appears to large enough to be self-perpetuating; I got two snowglobes from the first one I called.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: December 16, 2011, 12:22:27 am »

I shall be duplicating the first snowglobe that I get from a present!

*evil grin*

When Kael's server is up, who wants to go fighting snowmen at the goblin siege bunker?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: December 16, 2011, 12:46:48 am »

Yo!

But keep in mind that they have guns with hardmode levels of damage.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: December 16, 2011, 01:01:57 am »

That only makes it more like real trench/bunker warfare. Count me in when I manage to get a megashark.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: December 16, 2011, 04:38:45 am »

Alright guys, I'll get to the server once I've amassed enough snowglobes.

PS: What's your timezones, guys? I might need to alter my schedule if I want to fight alongside you guys.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: December 16, 2011, 04:43:08 am »

Ooooh I'd love a good bunker fight~  My shotgun shall be pointless yet hilarious in this new ranged fight!

Also I noticed in the changelog and such, that the presents, and thus the snowglobes, are a seasonal thing.  May be prudent to start haxing in new snowglobes to spread the frozen love throughout the year~

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: December 16, 2011, 05:16:54 am »

I'm GMT+1, as I'm Eastern European :P

Available to hang around until midnight my time, really.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: December 16, 2011, 10:08:09 am »

Woo,

So, I finally managed to kill the Wall o' Flesh. It ended up taking two tries, as on the first try it turned out that my original walkway through hell wasn't quite long enough, and even though I was doing well against him, as soon as I ran out of walkway, even with a gravity potion, I just couldn't manuever well enough... what with having to now dodge lava pits, as well as his lasers and other Hell-related badness.

On the second try, while I was extending the walkway, one of the demons dropped the Demon Scythe spell, which turned out to be really great at killing the wall - much better then the Phoenix Blaster/Space Gun combo I was using the first time. Wall ended up dropping the Laser Rifle, which I'm quite enjoying.

Made one little mistake though - I'd been getting by with my Nightmare Pick, which was working fine... but soon after I broke the world, I realized that you need at least a Hellstone Pick to mine cobalt, and I didn't have enough ore to make one. Cue me having to fight all the way back down to Hell in my newly Hallowed/Corrupted tunnels.
Nasty stuff.

Also managed to fight off the snowman horde, which brought in St. Nick. I'm a little underwhelmed at his selection though. Xmas lights at 5 silver a bulb? Santa suit for 15 gold a piece (although I may still have to pick up the hat, even at those prices.)

I was hoping for more of a 'Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe' kind of Santa... you know, the one who pulls out swords and bows out of that big sack.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: December 16, 2011, 10:46:44 am »

15 gold is alot of money, though it's meant more for people that have too much money anyway.

Congratulations on beating the wall, btw. Now the real fun starts.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: December 16, 2011, 10:57:09 am »

Reading over the patch notes, I kinda have no drive to check out the Xmas stuff as I seriously od'd on the 1.1 update. Kinda neat the client is going to do stuff based on what time of year it is though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:02:07 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: December 16, 2011, 01:50:07 pm »

Since nobody seems to have caught on, none of the globes used to summon the legion on Ak's server actually dropped there.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: December 16, 2011, 01:52:19 pm »

Since nobody seems to have caught on, none of the globes used to summon the legion on Ak's server actually dropped there.

Except for the one with my one globe that I got.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: December 16, 2011, 01:55:53 pm »

I am just about to believe this statement. How many presents on average do you need to open to get a snowglobe in a pre-wall world?

I've killed a ton of goldfishes during bloodmoon, and yes they dropped presents. None of them contained the snowglobe.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: December 16, 2011, 02:16:37 pm »

I am just about to believe this statement. How many presents on average do you need to open to get a snowglobe in a pre-wall world?

This is just going off the numbers from my own game, which I'm playing locally, so I don't know how they translate to anything else... but with that cavot, my numbers are such - I've found 3 snow globes so far, after opening about 40 or 50 presents (enough so that I've got ~350 blocks of both red and green candy in storage, not including my candy cane bridge through Hell, which I used to fight the Wall).

So I was getting a drop rate of somewhere around 1/12 and 1/15.

Don't know if this matters in the %s, but one of those snow globes was pre-wall, the other two post-wall.
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 887