Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261352 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7980 on: January 02, 2012, 11:13:13 pm »

Problem with the wall is that it takes multiple different weapons to kill it most effectively.
AOE weapon to take out the bajillion eaters it starts with. (Hellfire arrows work great, demon scythe is also very good)
Pinpoint weapon to kill the eaters when they start flying around for hearts. (Phoenix blaster, maybe space gun I guess)
DPS weapon to do the grunt work (What ever you have that does damage, I used the nix)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: January 02, 2012, 11:17:25 pm »

Or you can just take a flamarang avec autoclicker to it and murder everything :P

Sunfury does a pretty good job of clearing out the initial miniontentacle glut, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: January 03, 2012, 12:20:07 am »

Hm, I used a demonic minishark on WOF.  Killed it ~10 times that way.  And I foolishly used a hellway made of platforms, not considering that solid blocks would block the lasers from the lower eye.  I did have full hellstone armor, though, and decent forging on my equipment.

I've really been a melee (swords) player since I started my first character.  I've had to branch out to guns for hardmode, but I'ven't really tried bow&arrows or magic.  Maybe if I ever come back to the game after I get bored with it.

Defeated both the Destroyer (5 times) and Skelemus Prime (2 times) today, with guns.  Only one boss left.  My Destroyer arena felt too small, my SP arena was way too big for my play style so I'm going to demolish most of it.  Used a CAR w/ crystal on the Destroyer the first time, worked out mostly okay.  Made a Megashark, which I am using now.  Tried the star cannon on SP the first time, but switched back to Megashark.  Tried a flamethrower on D, it worked okay but I didn't feel it was better than Megashark.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: January 03, 2012, 12:23:19 am »

Problem with the wall is that it takes multiple different weapons to kill it most effectively.
AOE weapon to take out the bajillion eaters it starts with. (Hellfire arrows work great, demon scythe is also very good)
Pinpoint weapon to kill the eaters when they start flying around for hearts. (Phoenix blaster, maybe space gun I guess)
DPS weapon to do the grunt work (What ever you have that does damage, I used the nix)

Or demon scythe by itself.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: January 03, 2012, 12:23:23 am »

so thats you guys maybe another
Ill get the IP
127.0.0.1:7777

Since there still appeared to be some confusion about this:

127.0.0.1 is defined as "localhost". It basically means "this machine", from the perspective of any machine. Trying to connect to 127.0.0.1 is trying to connect to your own computer.

Your IP address external to your own local network can be found a couple ways, like going to certain websites that will tell you. This is what you need to get people to connect to anything you're running, although you may also need to do some port forwarding, which is a different matter. Or use something like Hamachi, although you shouldn't need to.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 12:25:56 am by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: January 03, 2012, 12:42:33 am »

Flower of fire was my weapon of choice against Wall. Took a while to get him, but I got him.

Crystal storm is my all purpose weapon now. AoE, DPS, and general awesome in one cool package. Wall is a joke to me now.
I didn't even build a hell road.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7986 on: January 03, 2012, 09:56:23 am »

Flower of fire was my weapon of choice against Wall. Took a while to get him, but I got him.

Crystal storm is my all purpose weapon now. AoE, DPS, and general awesome in one cool package. Wall is a joke to me now.
I never built a bridge in hell to beat the boss.

And although I like both Crystal Storm and Fire Flower, the problem is that they use mana, and I can't bother to keep using mana poitons all the time, so I just use the Clockwork Assault Rifle with crystal bullets.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: January 03, 2012, 10:05:01 am »

For my WoF wall, well...

Demon Scythe + Gravity Potion + Regen Potion. That was all, Leeches provided me with constant healing :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7988 on: January 03, 2012, 10:09:32 am »

Is the Demon Scythe any good late game? I got it only very recently, and haven't needed it really.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7989 on: January 03, 2012, 10:16:05 am »

And although I like both Crystal Storm and Fire Flower, the problem is that they use mana, and I can't bother to keep using mana poitons all the time, so I just use the Clockwork Assault Rifle with crystal bullets.
Thats why I have a mana flower. It uses mana potions automatically and reduces my mana costs.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7990 on: January 03, 2012, 10:19:41 am »

Thats why I have a mana flower. It uses mana potions automatically and reduces my mana costs.

I have it too, but I can't use it over my other accessories if I'm in the underground.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: January 03, 2012, 10:20:15 am »

Is the Demon Scythe any good late game? I got it only very recently, and haven't needed it really.

It's probably not the best choice, but demon scythe can remain your main combat tool until the end, including hardmode bosses. Only Spazmatism's second form has proved to be an issue for me (and I'm very bad at this too).

I only started using it after entering hardmode because I had no decent weapon, but it's now my main weapon for anything without ranged attacks.

Edit: What accessories do you use Bordellimies?

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: January 03, 2012, 11:14:51 am »

I have now reached the point where I get lost in my own mines, I should start building signs.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7993 on: January 03, 2012, 11:44:32 am »

It's probably not the best choice, but demon scythe can remain your main combat tool until the end, including hardmode bosses. Only Spazmatism's second form has proved to be an issue for me (and I'm very bad at this too).

I only started using it after entering hardmode because I had no decent weapon, but it's now my main weapon for anything without ranged attacks.

Edit: What accessories do you use Bordellimies?

Usually the Cross Necklace & Philostone, Demon Wings, Spectre Boots and Cloud in a Balloon. Philostone is tradable, but then I'd have less defense, and I don't want to lose any mobility from wings, boots and balloon. I like mobility.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: January 03, 2012, 11:53:00 am »

Did you know that if you use the crystal storm on a boss really close to them, it fires even faster and does a TON of damage?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 887