Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1260981 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8070 on: January 06, 2012, 07:57:27 am »

Oh dear god then let us go give all bats a kill, because pixies are glowing assholes with wings. At least i can one-shot hellbats. :-\
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: January 06, 2012, 08:06:29 am »

Oh dear god then let us go give all bats a kill, because pixies are glowing assholes with wings. At least i can one-shot hellbats. :-\
But then there will be no greater healing potions, rainbow rods, holy water, holy arrows and fairy bells!

I just fought the WoF to see what it's like.
I need to study the lasers it shoots.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:02:57 am by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: January 06, 2012, 11:23:29 am »

But then there will be no greater healing potions, rainbow rods, holy water, holy arrows and fairy bells!

I just fought the WoF to see what it's like.
I need to study the lasers it shoots.
Actually, if you have full Molten Armor, one or two Ironskin Potion, one or two Regeneration Potions (those are really useful) and a good supply of Healing Potions, you should be able to just tank it. Although I got dangerously close to death twice during my fight with it. If you're pre-Hardmode, you don't really need too many accessories. Cloud in a Balloon, Specter Boots, Mana Flower (if you use the Demon Scythe which is really good, but really rare) and Obsidian Shield are the ones I used. I also had a Golden Horseshoe, but you don't need that in the fight, so replacing it with a Band of Regeneration might be a good idea.
You do wanna avoid the Hungries, though. Those do ridiculous damage, so kill them fast. I used the Star Cannon for most of the fight, but using the Demon Scythe should work great, too, especially with the Mana Flower since you'll automatically use a Mana Potion when you run out of mana and those don't give you potion sickness.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:25:57 am by MC Dirty »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: January 06, 2012, 12:43:57 pm »

is steam unable to work with certain versions of mac?
because it still says I can't connect to the servers, so I doubt it is them undergoing maintenance :(

Are you using a router? Check your settings. Speaking from experience, I bet that's the cause.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: January 06, 2012, 12:52:12 pm »

Personally, first time against the wall, I just used a minishark, necro armor, and meteor shot combined with a really long ash bridge. Run ahead, spam the minishark behind you, and you probably won't get touched. Phoenix blaster is better but you have to keep clicking.

Postwall, crystal shot. Then be prepared for bosses that make skeletal carp look like regular carp.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8075 on: January 06, 2012, 12:54:31 pm »

My first wall battle used a 6000 tile long bridge, 1 player in molten armor with a molten bow and 3 stacks of hellfire arrows, and 1 player in nightmare armor with demonite equipment. We killed him good, but it was tough.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: January 06, 2012, 01:03:54 pm »

Oh wow, I only built about a bridge of about 800 and only used about 600. Then again, despite getting nerfed several times, the Star Cannon is still overpowered as hell and ammo is easy to get if you have a skybridge. And I always build skybridges. I don't really need any meteorite, so that's not a problem. They are also perfect for farming Wyverns later in the game and if you have a house up there with multiple NPCs, it's actually quite safe.
Just if you DO build a house up there, do it while still in Normal mode. Wyverns make it pretty much impossible, but they stay away if you have already have a safe house (preferably out of dungeon bricks) up there.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:06:46 pm by MC Dirty »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: January 06, 2012, 02:37:05 pm »

What advice do you kind folks have for The Twins and The Destroyer?
To make it even easier, farm mimics for that lengthened invulnerability cross and get a ton of hellstone/hellbrick/meteorite. Spread them down in your arena and remove any fire-immunity items. You should be damaged from the blocks. This makes you invulnerable against all bosses, but get damaged constantly by the blocks until you die or heal up. Use that to your advantage, since the hardmode bosses deal way more damage than any damaging block, excluding spikes.

I did this for the Twins.  It made the fight embarrassingly trivial.  I used a flat runway with about 100 meteorite ore.  Mostly stand still and shoot, just move when you're in a boss's body.  A band of regeneration + a cross necklace will allow you to heal faster than the hot bricks damage you.  I also recommend star cloak and ranger's emblem.  I used spectre boots, but I think you could get by with a speedboost potion, so you could use a different buff item instead, possibly a philosopher's stone.  (I play on singleplayer with autopause, so I can just swap a stone in for a second when I need to heal.)  Um, use buff potions of course.

Hamdrax is annoying.

(Edited to fix quotefail.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:38:39 pm by 0x517A5D »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: January 06, 2012, 04:27:26 pm »

Finally, I got Demon Scythe.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: January 06, 2012, 04:44:43 pm »

Good news is I'm doing better. Bad news is, thanks to a bad trio of clowns and a very large swarm of corrupters, my housing is soaked in lava and uninhabitable due to corruption. Need to rebuild before doing anymore attempts.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8080 on: January 06, 2012, 04:50:23 pm »

I have not had any direct bomb hits on my house yet, but have had a few close calls, Should I build an ablative shield over it? Or can I use a bombproof material as roofing?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: January 06, 2012, 04:50:48 pm »

Use dungeon bricks.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: January 06, 2012, 05:00:36 pm »

I don't know if anything is bombproof after the WoF, I know in the multiplayer servers I played the dungeon was just a crater of brick harvesting.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: January 06, 2012, 05:01:22 pm »

The new ores are TNT proof. Just use Cobalt.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: January 06, 2012, 06:59:44 pm »

Anyone up for a session on forsaken's server?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 887