Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254474 times)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8175 on: January 11, 2012, 07:25:00 pm »

Derailing a thread to gossip about banned posters is a good way to get it removed.

So does anyone have any cool wire setups? I haven't played around with it too much, but I find it realy fascinating.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: January 11, 2012, 08:13:39 pm »

All I have is my very basic and clunky crab engine. There's a better one involving doors but I don't remember how it goes or the link.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: January 11, 2012, 08:29:37 pm »

My wire isn't too complicated. I set up an automatic skeleton/bunny spawner and two infinite liquid reservoirs flanking my house.

I've mostly stopped mining iron and stuff. Now that I started making pumps and timers, though, I've nearly run out of both.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: January 11, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »

My main one was a slime (see: Gel factory) generator using a skeleton statue, a few slime statues and a basic timer.

Pretty much, hit the switch to the skeleton, which spawns and walks back and forth on the pressure plates in its own little room. Those pressure plates trigger the slimes, which are in another room, and drop down into some lava (which is shallow enough to not destroy items) where you collect everything below. I think a similar build was a while back in the thread.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: January 11, 2012, 09:42:15 pm »

Why would you use all these fancy things instead of a one-second repeater? Admittedly I don't really know how mechanics work.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: January 11, 2012, 09:47:46 pm »

A continuously triggered plate has a frequence higher than one hZ.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: January 11, 2012, 11:17:55 pm »

My main one was a slime (see: Gel factory) generator using a skeleton statue, a few slime statues and a basic timer.

Pretty much, hit the switch to the skeleton, which spawns and walks back and forth on the pressure plates in its own little room. Those pressure plates trigger the slimes, which are in another room, and drop down into some lava (which is shallow enough to not destroy items) where you collect everything below. I think a similar build was a while back in the thread.
Crab repeater is faster.
You just drop a spawned crab onto a pressure plate, activate the blocks above the plates to keep it from jumping back out, and bam. Keep in mind that the inactive blocks have to be just above the crab's head for this to work.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: January 11, 2012, 11:50:28 pm »

Megashark = easymode, especially with crystal shot. Took down the destroyer after 3 days of prep,made a megashark and 1000 rounds of crystal shot, dropped him 3 more times next night, plus skeletron prime and the twins.

Seriously, nothing competes with it. Flamethrower is great for farming the Destroyer, but against the other two, nothing beats the range and power of the megashark.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: January 12, 2012, 12:37:44 am »

I prefer the magic harp for the destroyer myself. Maybe that's just because it has infinite piercing.

Also I use cursed bullets for my megashark. I love the pretty green color of cursed flames and so tend to farm them a lot but have no better use for them than boolits.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8184 on: January 12, 2012, 09:01:07 am »

I prefer the magic harp for the destroyer myself. Maybe that's just because it has infinite piercing.

Also I use cursed bullets for my megashark. I love the pretty green color of cursed flames and so tend to farm them a lot but have no better use for them than boolits.
To get the harp you have to have killed the Twins which means the Destroyer should be relatively easy for you anyway.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: January 12, 2012, 10:24:13 am »

I'm considering making my new hub a hardmode world, because I want it to have EVERYTHING (crystal farms, soul farms of both alignments, etc.), but it's hard to decide if clowns could destroy all my hard work after changing to hardmode.

Fortunately, my little hub is down underground, so no clown problems for me. But there are other problems, such as corruption/hallow spreading too fast, and the like.

Any other advantages/disadvantages in changing to hardmode?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8186 on: January 12, 2012, 10:38:55 am »

I've killed the destroyer twice, well, 3 times if you count the time that I lost all the loot because I stabbed his tail.

What made the difference for me was that I reforged all my accessories to have +4 defense, I still have to buff with potions and be careful, but getting hit isn't that big of a deal any more.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: January 12, 2012, 10:49:41 am »

Or you could obuse the meteorite ore bridge to fight any of the bosses.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8188 on: January 12, 2012, 10:58:13 am »

I kind of wish there was a way to mod Terraria a bit. I had an idea for a hub world of sorts with hidden gateways to other worlds scattered around. Step into a gateway, you connect to another server on a different port. Would be interesting, especially if the maps were prebuilt and/or seeded with fun stuff.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8189 on: January 12, 2012, 11:04:41 am »

I kind of wish there was a way to mod Terraria a bit. I had an idea for a hub world of sorts with hidden gateways to other worlds scattered around. Step into a gateway, you connect to another server on a different port. Would be interesting, especially if the maps were prebuilt and/or seeded with fun stuff.

There are ways to mod terraria, but that is far outside what is possible.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 887