Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261121 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9315 on: September 19, 2013, 01:54:22 pm »

My hover castle has no problem with blood moons or sieges.

Whatabout Wyverns?

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: September 19, 2013, 02:00:01 pm »

On a large map the design doesn't have any problems with wyvins or harpies. On a smaller map the farms on top would probably attract attention but the rest would probably be fine.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: September 19, 2013, 07:17:26 pm »

Anyone hosting a server? :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: September 19, 2013, 10:19:41 pm »

Aye.  I like castles in the sky as well.  They're really a good idea, especially with those wraiths that float through background walls.  Mine is unfortunately a bit higher than yours, since it's just high enough to call in harpies and wyverns if you go climbing on the outside of the dome, so I try to avoid that.  I had to build the island from scratch to avoid them since flying islands are too high, though, which is why there isn't any grass yet and why the bottom looks so...incomplete. 

I kinda want to try multiplayer for the first time with the stories everyone here seems to have, though; I've never done it before, and I'll be doing a new character for 1.2 as well.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: September 19, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »

... I guess, if I manage to scrounge up the time for it, I'll have to remake the desert greenhouse*. Then go honeycomb several screens worth of the jungle and turn it into another home. Then, I'unno. Depends on if water duping still works come 1.2, or if there's a way to just create it. If so, maybe another sunk... thing. That was fairly pretty. And fairly ridiculous time consuming. It takes a while to (mostly) fill a rough circle probably a good 1k+blocks in diameter with water.

Honestly, I don't have much of an aesthetic sense when it comes to architecture... so I just build huge and somewhat erratically. It works out, ha.

*A desert greenhouse is made by the simple expedient of completely digging up one of the deserts and turning it into a massive clay pot farm. Here's massively hoping backwalling mechanics have been further streamlined ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: September 19, 2013, 11:10:52 pm »

Aye.  I like castles in the sky as well.  They're really a good idea, especially with those wraiths that float through background walls.  Mine is unfortunately a bit higher than yours, since it's just high enough to call in harpies and wyverns if you go climbing on the outside of the dome, so I try to avoid that.  I had to build the island from scratch to avoid them since flying islands are too high, though, which is why there isn't any grass yet and why the bottom looks so...incomplete. 

I kinda want to try multiplayer for the first time with the stories everyone here seems to have, though; I've never done it before, and I'll be doing a new character for 1.2 as well.
Well, if you host one, people will certainly join you. I'm okay with playing a new game.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: September 19, 2013, 11:15:30 pm »

I'm celebrating the upcoming update by watching TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox play. Well, actually I'm mostly just listening. It's almost like a radio show or podcast, and it is awesome.

And I'd be totally up for playing with others on a server, but my Internet situation is...let's call it fluid.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: September 19, 2013, 11:16:37 pm »

Well, if you host one, people will certainly join you. I'm okay with playing a new game.
I'll probably wait for 1.2.  I kinda want to try out all the new features and multiplayer for the first time as well.  Plus, we already have the idea for a new server offered at around that time, so it's rather piqued my interest. 

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: September 20, 2013, 02:18:25 am »

The scale on those is nice, but compound symmetry is boring!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: September 20, 2013, 12:35:40 pm »

Anyone hosting a server? :P
I host at least one or two daily. You've got your choices of a medium world that has a sky bridge, a hellevator and three or four meteorites somewhere known as Athelod, or you've got the choice of a small world with four meteorites, two of which have been mined, and less development so far known as Urist Nine.

Both worlds have a vendor, a demolition man, a nurse, an arms dealer and a dryad. Athelod also gets Goblin Armies on occasion while Urist Nine is harder to navigate around if you don't have a grappling hook. I have a spare grappling hook for when someone who doesn't have one comes in but I'm likely going to make an easier way up or down through that area sometime soon.

I can host just about any day of the week since I'm disabled and unable to work and thus can spend most of the day at my computer, with the exception of any time I go out of town or have to go grocery shopping, meaning Sundays I'm unable to host until around 4-6pm Pacific Time, and this Monday I won't be able to host until 7-8pm Pacific Time - if at all. I also have a 250GB data cap, which while I don't think we'll reach I just thought I'd inform you guys of.

Anyhow, I'll be up to hosting sometime after I have some breakfast today. I did sleep for fourteen hours so I'm kind of hungry.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: September 20, 2013, 01:11:39 pm »

Is there any issue with bringing heavily-armed characters as long as we don't do anything dickish like initiate hardmode?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: September 20, 2013, 01:22:06 pm »

would rather news only, but i guess it would be up to host

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9327 on: September 20, 2013, 02:22:01 pm »

Is there any issue with bringing heavily-armed characters as long as we don't do anything dickish like initiate hardmode?
You can do that on your own server sure. If you're asking about the one I'll be running, I want new characters only.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: September 20, 2013, 02:42:08 pm »

That was intended towards MM who is actually currently running a server. Of course if I join the one you're running I'll make a new character, forsaken.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: September 20, 2013, 02:42:27 pm »

You can do that on your own server sure. If you're asking about the one I'll be running, I want new characters only.
So, shall we try to stick together or will we all be scattering like pigeons as soon as we enter the server?
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 887