Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1260989 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10740 on: October 15, 2013, 11:17:37 am »

Magic Daggers Post or pre 1.2?
Post 1.2... I didn't go back in time.

Ok so there was no blue flower.

So I am mildly impressed. Magic daggers may have been REALLY pumped to obscene levels in 1.2... But they aren't the optimal equipment for the destroyer (assuming they don't multihit, which I don't think they do)
I think they do pierce 1 enemy but I honestly don't remember. I fought him in my (unfinished) skeletron arena (coincidence, he randomspawned as I was dungeon diving) so I had some mild capability to dodge via hookshot but this was less than 3 hours after transitioning to hardmode and most of that was spent dying while trying to wraithproof my base.

Fucking wraiths...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: October 15, 2013, 11:18:31 am »

The wiki says they operate exactly as normal knives, which means it hits up to three enemies, I think. Pierces two and hits the third. Or just hits two. I don't use throwing knives often lately.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: October 15, 2013, 11:19:34 am »

The wiki says they operate exactly as normal knives, which means it hits up to three enemies, I think. Pierces two and hits the third. Or just hits two. I don't use throwing knives often lately.

Ohh, then they are optimal (but not super optimal like the harp or shadowbeam is)

So then my impressiveness levels drop from mildly impressed to... Yeah you did it.

I wonder if the Harp is still worth having. Most of the pre-1.2 hardmode items that you needed to fight the hardmode bosses to get are underpowered now.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:21:39 am by Neonivek »

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: October 15, 2013, 11:21:34 am »

mwahaha I killed The Twins only using pre-Hard mode equipment, I died around a dozen times trying it but in the end using a bunch of ropes and a floating arena with an area where I jump down to get healed by the nurse and carrying a lot of ammo. It wasn't even highest tier pre-hardmode, I did it with Crimsonite armour, minishark and around 2000 silver bullets and water bolts flying around everywhere.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10744 on: October 15, 2013, 11:23:30 am »

I THINK magic dagger is hit 2 but I really don't remember. I still don't have any other good hardmode gear and the daggers themselves have some crappy modifier (-8% damage or something) but its the best weapon I have for my mage set.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: October 15, 2013, 11:25:24 am »

mwahaha I killed The Twins only using pre-Hard mode equipment, I died around a dozen times trying it but in the end using a bunch of ropes and a floating arena with an area where I jump down to get healed by the nurse and carrying a lot of ammo. It wasn't even highest tier pre-hardmode, I did it with Crimsonite armour, minishark and around 2000 silver bullets and water bolts flying around everywhere.

Oddly enough the Minishark manages to be Pre-post-hard mode. Even its upgrade doesn't change much other then ammo conservation.

Its upgrade is almost overkill.

I need to find the sniper rifle.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:27:59 am by Neonivek »

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: October 15, 2013, 11:29:25 am »

Oddly enough the Minishark manages to be Pre-post-hard mode. Even its upgrade doesn't change much other then ammo conservation.

Yes Minishark doing base 7 damage a bullet and Megashark doing 23 damage a bullet, not much difference at all.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: October 15, 2013, 11:30:51 am »

Just gonna wander in and say: Apparently using Teleporters, you can get into the jungle temple creatively, and wires have changed from 1,000 to 4,000 distance.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: October 15, 2013, 11:31:25 am »

Sorry, I though it was much less a difference. (must have mixed them up)

Opps :P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:37:40 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: October 15, 2013, 11:38:45 am »

Just gonna wander in and say: Apparently using Teleporters, you can get into the jungle temple creatively, and wires have changed from 1,000 to 4,000 distance.

What level of pick do you need to take apart the UNGAWDLY death traps?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: October 15, 2013, 11:39:58 am »

You need the pick dropped by the golem inside the temple to mine temple walls.  To get in you have to hunt Plantera for a key.

Or teleport in!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: October 15, 2013, 11:40:58 am »

You need the pick dropped by the golem inside the temple to mine temple walls.  To get in you have to hunt Plantera for a key.

Or teleport in!

I mean a pick to disable the death traps alone.

Since I am trying to think of the earliest time you can exploit yourself into the temple and how DOOMED you would be if you couldn't get rid of the traps.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: October 15, 2013, 11:42:38 am »

If you're smart, traps aren't a problem anyways.  Dirt can disarm most of them just by covering pressure plates.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: October 15, 2013, 11:45:06 am »

If you're smart, traps aren't a problem anyways.  Dirt can disarm most of them just by covering pressure plates.

You can also reverse gravity with the gravity potions and stay on the ceiling, or stay on the ceiling... or watch the floors...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: October 15, 2013, 11:54:57 am »

If you have teleporters, you have wire cutters -> what traps?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 887