Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261135 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #11310 on: January 30, 2015, 04:15:03 pm »

I can confirm that; an early game character I had got attacked by antlions more times than I care to remember when I decided to use some sand for my EoC arena.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: February 17, 2015, 06:48:21 am »

Re-Logic just announced a new Terraria game: Terraria Otherworld

Terraria: Otherworld Announcement Teaser Trailer (YouTube)

Expanding upon the immensely popular action-sandbox title Terraria, exploring what might have been, and approaching gameplay in a new direction; Terraria: Otherworld represents a novel take on the Terraria experience.

Set in an alternate dimension within the Terraria universe, Terraria: Otherworld places the player in a life-and-death struggle to restore a once-pristine world – now overrun by a malevolent force that has corrupted nature itself – to its original splendor. Along with a rag-tag band of survivors, will you be able to successfully harness the power of an array of weaponry, magic, defenses, and even the world itself to thwart the designs of this unseen evil?

Combining the experience of sandbox gameplay with role-playing and strategy elements, Terraria: Otherworld explores the Terraria experience in an innovative and unique way - providing a fresh approach to the “open world” genre.

I just hope this means 1.3 will be out soon.

PS: I was not sure we really needed a new topic, so I just posted this here. :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:05:03 am by Meta »
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11312 on: February 17, 2015, 07:21:15 am »

So, basically post-WoF Terraria where you must actively fight the corruption + "RPG elements" + moar hats?

Good enough for me.

But yeah, hopefully 1.3 is just around the corner, now.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: February 17, 2015, 07:34:11 am »

My brother HATES it when I tell him about games that only have teasers or that aren't going to be released for years and everyday I understand why more and more.

I mean... that kind of told us nothing didn't it?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: February 17, 2015, 08:34:25 am »

That told you to ready your pockets.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: February 17, 2015, 01:23:49 pm »

So, basically post-WoF Terraria where you must actively fight the corruption + "RPG elements" + moar hats?

Good enough for me.

But yeah, hopefully 1.3 is just around the corner, now.

My exact thoughts. Except that I also expect them to try to charge $10 or something for it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: February 17, 2015, 02:11:13 pm »

My pockets are ready to not be emptied. I'm seeing nothing buy worthy here. I'll pick up something that's not just a rehash at Humble Store instead.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: February 17, 2015, 04:20:30 pm »

I dont get it is otherworld a new game or that famous 1.3 update? because now im all confused. If they choose to turn their face around and slap a price on the 1.3 update and call it a new game i gonna be pissed, but who cares?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: February 17, 2015, 04:23:22 pm »

I dont get it is otherworld a new game or that famous 1.3 update? because now im all confused. If they choose to turn their face around and slap a price on the 1.3 update and call it a new game i gonna be pissed, but who cares?
I think Otherworld is Red's new project (that I think he's been working on for a while?), which is independent of 1.3. Everything I've heard of 1.3 (which actually hasn't been all that much) as suggested incremental changes, rather than a new game mode.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: February 17, 2015, 04:26:08 pm »

My pockets are ready to not be emptied. I'm seeing nothing buy worthy here. I'll pick up something that's not just a rehash at Humble Store instead.
They should make a Final Fantasy (I) mod :P

The story of killing the 4 . . . ummm . .  whatever-they-weres and then using the 4 crystals to continue a dark cycle is amusing.  Thats at least 5 bosses, plus the extra content like Dragons or the shrines if you use the most current versions.

I'm serious.  And with a little reskinning and stuffs you could implement all manner of original critters.  Like mindflayyers and paralyzing zomzoms.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: February 17, 2015, 04:36:39 pm »

I would have waited to show that trailer. Kinda looks like a hot mess at the moment.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: February 17, 2015, 07:53:03 pm »

It's a new game, but it smells like an expansion pack.  It's kinda hard to say with something so early in development, though.  About all I can really say is that I'm not immediately fond of the HUD - big borders on the inventory and a reversion of the Health/Mana bars back to pre-patch Terraria. 

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: February 17, 2015, 09:49:36 pm »

Seeing how people in the trailer seem to constantly be shown with their weapons (unlike now where weaponsonly show up when you actively use them) along with what appears to be shields... i think there might be a slight shift in gameplay making the game more like "King Arthurs Gold" letting the players use shields to block (this is only a wild guess tho).

Also judging by the trailer there will be some changes in graphics.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: February 17, 2015, 10:11:17 pm »

Well, that seems to reveal almost nothing. Though, I do like the UI's art style, even if there's nothing else to say about the trailer.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: March 01, 2015, 01:31:34 pm »

Man, checking at my old posts here, there are a lot of memories I've made over here. Goddamn Haspen was my architectural inspiration, where are you? D:<

also irrelevant topic post
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 887