Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254514 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #11370 on: June 25, 2015, 01:20:22 am »

Yeah, I am as well. Practically forgotten everything that came after the WoF-era content.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11371 on: June 25, 2015, 06:30:16 am »

I'm really curious if a raspberry pi could actually host a terraria server. If you do end up trying it please let me know how it goes

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11372 on: June 25, 2015, 12:30:49 pm »

I've been looking forward to this all year :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11373 on: June 25, 2015, 12:40:09 pm »

I'm really curious if a raspberry pi could actually host a terraria server. If you do end up trying it please let me know how it goes

There are words on the internet that say it works.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11374 on: June 25, 2015, 12:42:04 pm »

Must be true then! I'll order one today probably and test this myself.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11375 on: June 25, 2015, 12:46:07 pm »

Must be true then! I'll order one today probably and test this myself.

Worst case you have a Retro gaming emulator or media box that hooks up to your hdmi tv.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11376 on: June 25, 2015, 01:18:29 pm »

Yeah, I am as well. Practically forgotten everything that came after the WoF-era content.
Yup. I don't remember anything so it'll be like playing it all over again!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11377 on: June 25, 2015, 02:21:13 pm »

yeah I'm betting a Pi could run a server with maybe 2-3 people tops

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11378 on: June 25, 2015, 03:00:58 pm »

I've not played Terraria in...forever. I remember post Fleshwall, but nothing after.

It's thanks to you guys I clocked in like, 1052 hours on steam. Maybe I'll give it a go again, it was fun.

So long as I can make another ugly rectangular sky house with lava between the walls I'm happy.
Everybody!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11379 on: June 25, 2015, 03:07:23 pm »

Probably going to be three different kinds of lava or some crap come tuesday's update. You'll be covered.

... also, I totally just noticed the announced date is actually on a tuesday. Finally, I can say it's due tuesday without having to add transparent text questioning which tuesday! +1 meta enjoyment.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11380 on: June 25, 2015, 03:10:01 pm »

Conveniently, July 1st is a public holiday in Canada.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11381 on: June 25, 2015, 06:55:33 pm »

My friends once hosted a Minecraft server on a literal cardboard box. To be fair, there were computer parts in the box. And likewise the usual assortment of programs running on said computer parts, but the point stands. (granted it got really impressively hot, and was probably a fire hazard, but y'know) Don't underestimate underpowered hardware. If anything, I'd say it'd be worth trying just for the data.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11382 on: June 25, 2015, 07:28:33 pm »

My friends once hosted a Minecraft server on a literal cardboard box. To be fair, there were computer parts in the box. And likewise the usual assortment of programs running on said computer parts, but the point stands. (granted it got really impressively hot, and was probably a fire hazard, but y'know) Don't underestimate underpowered hardware. If anything, I'd say it'd be worth trying just for the data.
This means literally nothing. I could take a carboard box and mount 10,000 dollars worth of hardware inside.

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11383 on: June 25, 2015, 10:43:18 pm »

Was trying to hold off til the next update, but.. I can't! Must shove more things in more boxes!!

932 hours logged by Steam, probably 300-500 more offline :| I've got problems.. :>

Seriously, though, I've still got lots of stuff to do on Terraria, without 1.3 :| Many megaprojects unfinished, plenty of the rarer equipment still unowned, and about 25% landmass left to go on the largest sized world that I'm mining everything out of :>

1.3, especially "expert mode", is going to be absolutely insane :| Also, if they add in white Christmas trees, or purple garland/X-mas lights/decorations then my suggestion made it through (again!) :> I was the guy who suggested (and received!) the ability to name your storage chests :D  Or I think I was, anyway..

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11384 on: June 26, 2015, 06:21:06 am »

Was trying to hold off til the next update, but.. I can't! Must shove more things in more boxes!!

932 hours logged by Steam, probably 300-500 more offline :| I've got problems.. :>

Seriously, though, I've still got lots of stuff to do on Terraria, without 1.3 :| Many megaprojects unfinished, plenty of the rarer equipment still unowned, and about 25% landmass left to go on the largest sized world that I'm mining everything out of :>

1.3, especially "expert mode", is going to be absolutely insane :| Also, if they add in white Christmas trees, or purple garland/X-mas lights/decorations then my suggestion made it through (again!) :> I was the guy who suggested (and received!) the ability to name your storage chests :D  Or I think I was, anyway..
Need any help mining out your world? I have a somewhat advanced character I could bring in to assist. I too am feeling the itch and am TRYING to wait for the patch.
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 887