Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254469 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11595 on: July 03, 2015, 06:51:54 pm »

Welp that was fun. If anyone else opens up a bay12 server let us know.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11596 on: July 03, 2015, 06:53:17 pm »

No need for the hostility. It's entirely one-sided.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11597 on: July 03, 2015, 06:58:45 pm »

Okay man, I get you're upset but dying a bunch is kind of part of expert mode. I just meant that if you don't want to die, expert mode isn't really a good thing to play in. Sorry I upset you, I'm not mad at all though. Its just a game, I'll play singleplayer for a bit and find a new server.

edit: For the record, I was having a blast trying to kill the OP eclipse monsters. that was nuts.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: July 03, 2015, 07:00:00 pm »

... in other news, I have discovered mimics in the hallow can teleport. And they do. Directly on top of you. Repeatedly. *#$%.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: July 03, 2015, 07:00:37 pm »

I leave the server for a couple of minutes and there's drama already.
Am I cursed or something?
Perhaps I should log on again so that things calm down a bit?

eit: please don't ban me for this terrible joke. :p

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11600 on: July 03, 2015, 07:01:58 pm »

... in other news, I have discovered mimics in the hallow can teleport. And they do. Directly on top of you. Repeatedly. *#$%.
They also have ridiculous fucking health and damage! I was trying to get one of the crystal vilethorn things they drop and died twice to them. That was before I got hallowed gear though.

Its not a great sword but looks like a cool upgrade to the vilethorn for killing stuff on the other side of walls

I leave the server for a couple of minutes and there's drama already.
Am I cursed or something?
Perhaps I should log on again so that things calm down a bit?

eit: please don't ban me for this terrible joke. :p
It wasn't even drama worth noting. I'm sure it will cool off shortly. :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11601 on: July 03, 2015, 07:04:09 pm »

Okay man, I get you're upset but dying a bunch is kind of part of expert mode. I just meant that if you don't want to die, expert mode isn't really a good thing to play in. Sorry I upset you, I'm not mad at all though. Its just a game, I'll play singleplayer for a bit and find a new server.

edit: For the record, I was having a blast trying to kill the OP eclipse monsters. that was nuts.

All of the useful NPCs died (and half overall), they were literally killing as we spawned, what part of that was fun?
NPCs come back. Who cares?

Again, I'm really sorry I upset you but I personally was having a blast and doing pretty well. I didn't want you to bring in some OP equipment against the general server rule and wreck anything. That wouldn't be fun or cool. I only suggested you log out to avoid dying over and over during the event. Its your server though, do whatever you like man. :)

Edit: I DID suggest we get out of the base to fight away from NPCs but it was a bit crazy and I don't think anyone saw.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:06:20 pm by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11602 on: July 03, 2015, 07:08:11 pm »

Ahh cool. I couldn't see if you said or not. Chat was full of death and I was flying about for dear life.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: July 03, 2015, 07:30:23 pm »

... anyone know if the sundial is a per-item or per-world effect? Wondering if you could collect like 7-14 of the things and just indefinitely spin the world like a top.
Ask not!
Ask!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11604 on: July 03, 2015, 07:34:33 pm »

EDIT: Also, I never banned you. Just kicked. You can come back on if you want.
Didn't see this edit. I appreciate you letting me know, it was a bit awkward. I'll think about coming back.

Edit: That sounded weird. What I meant is I'll probably come back but not tonight. I'd rather not risk it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:40:05 pm by forsaken1111 »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11605 on: July 03, 2015, 08:45:11 pm »

made a fresh start for the new patch, the start doesnt seem as frustrating except for some of the new mobs and the new behaviors of certain known ones. had actually a pretty good world to start, except for the lack of entries to the underground (jungle and snow too close to the center).

the only PITA so far had been the Eye of Cthulhu, only got to kill it with the Malaise (a demonite yoyo), the ice blade and an slime minion using full gold armor and well, the best defense accesories i could get.

slime rain came some days later and the king slime got me by surprise this time. had to recall several times at base and heal with the nurse but i have been able to kill him 2 times. so now i have a full ninja set sitting in the armor chest. (strange that its basically an early set for throwing weapon characters).

then broke some shadow orbs and got two muskets in a row. with the goblin invasion and meteorite coming strangely a little bit later.

killing the eater of worlds had me testing several strategies, demonite/jungle yoyos? nope, demonite bow with jester/unholy arrows? nope, sticky grenades? nope(but i was close), spacegun with meteorite set? this one actually worked. the thing is that i got to reach enough shadow scales and ore to make a deathbringer pickaxe. so getting obsidian for the skull and mining the metorite was the way to go.

with the spacegun i was also able to explore the godamned jungle at least for finding a beehive.

as it stands right now survive with a meteor set, GPS, frostspark boots, shackle (with +4 armor bonus), slime hook, spacegun, blade of grass, rockfish, copper axe (for felling trees only), slime staff (very handy for keeping certain mobs at range) and the expert drop of the eater of worlds.

tried to kill queen bee, failed, skeletron, failed. may need to test more strategies but not with the current equipment, will see if get enough money for reforging the accesories for high defensive stats.

i may point that i dont really build arenas of any kind, may put some platforms in order to give to bridge water bodies or chasms but i mostly fight on the place.

have most of the pre-hardmode NPCs, excluding the party girl, mechanic and clothier.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:48:39 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: July 03, 2015, 09:03:18 pm »

... 22 fish fished before one bait gave out.* Including 5 (wood) crates! Still don't have angler's pants (or whatever they are) and wasn't using fishing potion. This... this is getting silly. Golden bug net's amusing, though.

In news beyond that, my jungle can just go jump of a gorram bridge. Freaking thing's high enough up it gets wyverns. Regularly. Harpies come down to play just walking across the damn thing. Viciously irritating, had to terraform the "underground" (i.e. several dozen blocks below the jungle's top, but still in the surface layer :-\) just so I could bloody fish.

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:24:37 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11607 on: July 03, 2015, 09:34:42 pm »

Okay, so my fresh character has finally gotten to the point where I can mine desert fossils, and after a full set of armor I've got like 300 sturdy fossils. Which throwing weapon should I make, knives or javelins? I've made a few of each, but I'm not sure if I prefer the raw damage of the javelins or the knives' piercing (I still haven't found out its limit - 5 hits and it keeps going).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: July 03, 2015, 09:47:49 pm »

Eehh... the raw damage will probably last you longer, for what that's worth, I think. Personally, I'd say go with whichever you can most consistently hit with :V
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: July 03, 2015, 09:59:10 pm »

the bone javelin does obscene numbers if you get to land all of them, but it seems you cant retrieve them unless they fail to hit the enemy or they kill the objective before vanishing. also, you can only craft 15 javelins per fossil.

the knife does half of the base damage of the javelin (i dont know if it has the same effect), but you can produce 25 knives per fossil so its more material effective. also, if they work like normal throwing knives then they are easy to retrieve then, i think.

Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 887