Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261366 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11805 on: July 08, 2015, 12:23:28 pm »

Meteor Set + Space Gun > Skeletron, by the way.
A CiaB and Spectre/Rocke Boots help.
Black lives matter.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11806 on: July 08, 2015, 12:34:55 pm »

please elaborate on how to beat moon man

Have a little 2x2 pit, put dungeon spikes on the bottom row, put honey on the top row. Get cross veil and 56ish defense so you only take 1 damage from spikes, and you're basically invulnerable to any boss that doesn't have an attack that puts them on top of you. Even so, occasionally a projectile will hit at exactly the right time, so I reccomend a campfire, heart lamp, and wearing charm of myths and shiny stone plus carrying potions with you.

For the moonlord specifically, put a roof over your cheese pit and use the Solar Eruption, which has the dubious honor of being the best cheese weapon in the game since it hits through walls.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11807 on: July 08, 2015, 12:48:19 pm »

made a flamarang, molten fury and molten pickaxe. also made like half of the platforms for the WoF fight. finally killed the queen bee. using an imp staff and the bow was able to take her down several times in a row. now im sitting with a superior bee staff, bee armor, a murderous bee gun and reforged most of my accesories including the expert mode accesories.

outside of the mana issues this thing is perfect for taking down goblin armies, feels good man.

maybe i will take on skeletron next. have a large number of beenades in storage. as for the bee sword, i was unlucky with it :/

will try to find the nature's gift, and the mana band from the corruption to see if i can make the celestial cuffs and the mana flower later.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:50:18 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11808 on: July 08, 2015, 02:27:13 pm »

broke my third shadow orb, got the band of starpower, got killed by the EoW in the process. magic cuffs finished now need to wait for the merchant. tried to explore the jungle in search of the nature's gift. havent found it. but found another hive and a living mahogany tree. the inventory was too full for taking the loot, but it didnt have the living mahogany tools :/

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11809 on: July 08, 2015, 04:12:23 pm »

Broke three Crimson Hearts on my single-player world, then used magic mirror to teleport back to my house. Second worst idea ever. BoC was waiting for me and I couldn't get away.

The WORST idea ever was me panicking after about six consecutive deaths and save/exiting the game. With a Mediumcore character.  :'(

I'm on the verge of rage-deleting Terraria now.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11810 on: July 08, 2015, 05:30:32 pm »

tried to take on skeletron with what i have, didnt last much, the guy puts the bleeding debuff on me making the fight quite complicated. it was mostly a lack of damage since got out of mana quickly and couldnt retaliate him. need to get those mana items ASAP.

and well, maybe i should have brought beenades/spiky balls to the fight. better luck next time.

the other would be to explore the underground desert and gather fossils for the armor. and farm javelins from the marble biome. i dont know if the bonus works with grenades too, the wiki says it doesnt work with bombs and dinamite but grenades weren't mentioned.

EDIT:

explored a bit of the underground desert, found a gigantic node of fossils, along with the other patches i found netted me enough for a full stack, the extractinator gave me enough for the full set with spare material, out of the gems, metals, money and the amber mosquito

EDIT 2:

tried to attack skeletron again, it didnt work, he slowed me on par with the bleeding, this is getting annoying.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:40:57 pm by xaritscin »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11811 on: July 08, 2015, 07:00:14 pm »

Decided to hardmode one of my small worlds, while constructing a runway to fight the WoF I picked up a Mythical Demon Scythe book, proceeded to use it to defeat WoF at good speed, now I am desperately trying to gather enough Titanium for full armor so I can get rolling.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11812 on: July 08, 2015, 08:29:01 pm »

as i havent found a way to kill skeletron yet im exploring the other biomes. the bee gun is incredibly good at disposing otherwise lethal enemies (the medusa specially). the team of hornets following me also give quite the punch.

the only weapons that use bees that havent touched are the bee sword and the bees knees but they werent dropped by the boss, will have to keep farming her. as for the beenades. havent tested them.

so far have found the blizzard in a bottle and the snowball cannon, nothing from the ice skates. have to find at least 2, one for the arctic diving gear and the other for the frostpark boots. then its to find the other items (aglet and anklet).

also need to fish in order to find the materials for the cellphone. its the most i can do right now as skeletron has proven quite deadly to fight (i cant believe that fuker causes you bleeding and slow in expert)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11813 on: July 08, 2015, 08:50:00 pm »

Get some Specter boots and make a little runway for yourself. That, and maybe a Cloud in a Balloon and maaaaaybe a slime mount to bounce off the bugger when things get ugly. Grab all those, a shark tooth necklace to keep your bees hitting hard, maybe a Hellwing bow if bees are unreliable. Skeletor's a bit of a wall, but once you actually prepare for him, he's not so bad.

im trying to get the most out of the bees, i didnt know the shark tooth necklace worked with minions too. at this moment have the worm scarf, hive pack, spectre boots, GPS, with the jellyfish diving gear and the lava waders as situational equipment. most of it was reforged for +4 defense. o and have the mana flower but it doesnt seem to do much. will have to see once i get the celestial cuffs.

i have an arena set with some platforms but the main issue is getting hit and getting a debuff from the boss. it makes kiting and dodging a pita.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11814 on: July 08, 2015, 09:09:47 pm »

It's worth noting, the GPS/other cell phone components (the information items) work perfectly well from your inventory. No reason to use an accessory slot on them. Upgrading your boots to lightning or frostspark boots should be a pretty high priority, getting a cloud in a bottle/equivalent is pretty important as well. I recommend the fishing tsunami in a bottle + pufferfish balloon if you don't mind fishing. The shield of cthulu is also absolutely fantastic and I strongly recommend using it.

As far as actual fight strategies go, make one long platform out of solid blocks, not platforms. Solid blocks will stop the homing skulls, which is huge. Before you start the fight, lay out a ton of spiky balls and make him drag his hands through them, they do a pretty respectable amount of damage for minimal effort and can make the difference. The sooner you can clear the hands the sooner you're in the home stretch of just dodging homing skulls.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11815 on: July 08, 2015, 10:28:08 pm »

genned a normal world with crimson, surface chests gave me an aglet and the blowpipe. there was a giant tree with the full living stuff set in its chest (leaf wand, living wood wand, living loom).

didnt found climbing claws (wanted to complete the set).

obtained the crimson heart, crimson rod, panic necklace and undertaker, killed the BoC two times. and mined several parts of crimstone. the idea is to use them to expand crimson in a controled part of the map.

catched some fishing bait for the first mission. need to make some money.

as for boss fights in expert mode, nothing yet, the idea of using the cellphone in the inventory is good, will have to see which item put there.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11816 on: July 08, 2015, 10:34:18 pm »

genned a normal world with crimson, surface chests gave me an aglet and the blowpipe. there was a giant tree with the full living stuff set in its chest (leaf wand, living wood wand, living loom).

Yeah, I just genned an expert world and got the giant tree too. Created a small town in the upper branches named Arborton.  One of the nice aesthetic bits with the living loom is being able to make leaf walls. Really does give it that "elven village" vibe.

Followed the tree down to its roots and found way into a glowing mushroom biome with some abandoned houses. And a nice big block of gold ore, already wired up with explosives and a detonator.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11817 on: July 08, 2015, 10:48:10 pm »

The full list of cellphone components (and by extension items that have an effect from just being in inventory) are:
All 6 watches
Depth meter
Compass
GPS
Fisherman Pocket Guide
Weather Radio
Sextant
Fish Finder
Metal Detector
DPS Meter
Stopwatch
Goblin Tech
Lifeform Analyzer
Tally Counter
Radar
REK 3000
PDA
Cellphone

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11818 on: July 08, 2015, 10:53:05 pm »

Yeah, I just genned an expert world and got the giant tree too. Created a small town in the upper branches named Arborton.
If/when you reach hard mode, you'll probably regret that :V

Wyverns are a complete bastard in expert, and seem to spawn more often if you're at the right height.

It's nice to have stuff like that to build off of, though. Just... expert is nasty, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11819 on: July 08, 2015, 10:54:04 pm »

tried to take on skeletron using the band of regeneration along with some beenades, crimson rod, bee gun, imps as minions and potions, got both arms down, but the fucker got me caught low on HP quickly.

this boss will take a while to kill. seems i'll have to cultivate plants and fish for regents in order to take him down (will need a lot of potions)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:57:15 pm by xaritscin »
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 887