Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261189 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11820 on: July 08, 2015, 10:58:37 pm »

Yeah, I just genned an expert world and got the giant tree too. Created a small town in the upper branches named Arborton.
If/when you reach hard mode, you'll probably regret that :V

Wyverns are a complete bastard in expert, and seem to spawn more often if you're at the right height.

It's nice to have stuff like that to build off of, though. Just... expert is nasty, heh.

Wyverns can't spawn if the player is on player-placed background walls. As long as he actually stays inside his treehouse he should be safe.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: July 09, 2015, 12:39:27 am »

Pardon the nighttime shot; I am flooding my entire world in order to make the Lunar Events easier.

EDIT: Second cheese tactic for the Moon Lord: Fishron mount, flood the world. His projectiles are slower, you can outrun the moon bite, and you do more damage.
This is what we did, but on a much smaller scale. We just build a giant tank in the sky and filled it up (about 2-3 screens wide and 2 screens deep, I think) and swam around without a care.
Big ole picture here. We also set our spawns to that former floating island's house and there's a teleporter to the nurse because you can never be too safe.

What ended up happening was we'd shoot his hands to death but not be able to see his essence healing things, so we couldn't do any real damage to the head until our melee decided he'd just sit down and keep Mr. Moon Lord still for the rest of us. Not exactly my idea of a fair and fun boss fight, but we did it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: July 09, 2015, 12:55:41 am »

So I go to play the game again, find out my old worlds are invalid, so I've effectively lost all my progress except what I had on my character.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:05:18 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: July 09, 2015, 02:11:53 am »

So I go to play the game again, find out my old worlds are invalid, so I've effectively lost all my progress except what I had on my character.

find a copy of 1.2.4 "elsewhere", run that map once on that copy, then save and exit. It should work by then.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11824 on: July 09, 2015, 06:49:39 am »

Yeah, I just genned an expert world and got the giant tree too. Created a small town in the upper branches named Arborton.  One of the nice aesthetic bits with the living loom is being able to make leaf walls. Really does give it that "elven village" vibe.

I spent, I dunno, an hour? Fighting with housing earlier this week. Because I decided I wanted to move to a smaller world (running back and forth across the large world I'd been using was just a pain), and a giant tree on a giant hill with a truly stupendous trunk (reaching almost halfway through the world) seemed like a really cool place to build a base. Except leaf walls don't count as valid housing??? And "This housing is not valid" is just stupidly vague. If your check fails because of an invalid background tile, you should really say "This room has invalid wall tiles." /error message grump

But yes, giant tree houses are the way of the future. :o

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11825 on: July 09, 2015, 10:18:52 am »

No, he's correct. I've noticed that if you make walls entirely out of leaf walls it won't count as housing. However if you use mostly non-leaf walls and accentuate here and there, then it'll be alright.

I tried to make a room entirely out of it for my Dryad but it didn't work.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: July 09, 2015, 11:16:32 am »

So I am extremely annoyed right now.. expert mode skeletron fight, I have the obsidion shield which is supposed to give immunity to knock-backs... his spinning head hits me once and I get stunlocked inside it.  Yeah immunity to knock backs... sure...
Nom nom nom

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: July 09, 2015, 11:17:47 am »

So I am extremely annoyed right now.. expert mode skeletron fight, I have the obsidion shield which is supposed to give immunity to knock-backs... his spinning head hits me once and I get stunlocked inside it.  Yeah immunity to knock backs... sure...
I think that's an attribute of the head, not actual knockback.
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: July 09, 2015, 11:22:30 am »

That's probably either a glitch or unintended side-effect. I mean, damage immunity is extremely short, and you can't move into a source of damage, so you can't move through it to get out.
Black lives matter.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11829 on: July 09, 2015, 12:20:06 pm »

May also be a case of a new effect. There's some stuff that goes straight through the ankh shield nowadays, heh, nevermind obsidian. Dunno if they'd do that as early as skeletron, though. Never actually got hit by the head to test :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: July 09, 2015, 12:48:19 pm »

It's pretty hard to dodge the head in expert mode... it moves bloody fast.
Nom nom nom

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11831 on: July 09, 2015, 01:15:30 pm »

my fishing/garnening works have netted me enough for 10 magic power potions, 10 endurance potions, and 10 regeneration potions. need to find some more ebonkoi for the wrath potions.

also, need plants for the ironskin ones. si far havent got fishing equipment (outside of a sextant).

also looking at a small plot of land with a large water body for planting the crimson in this world.

EDIT:

got some variegated lardfishes, will see if i can make summoning potions (im short on moonglow), also found the tsunami in a bottle inside a wooden crate.

need to gather more bait for fishing too.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:22:23 pm by xaritscin »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: July 09, 2015, 02:31:53 pm »

No, he's correct. I've noticed that if you make walls entirely out of leaf walls it won't count as housing. However if you use mostly non-leaf walls and accentuate here and there, then it'll be alright.

I tried to make a room entirely out of it for my Dryad but it didn't work.
Yeah, I discovered that too. Which is fine. I use living wood walls for most of the town, and just have a leafy room at the very top of the tree as my personal throne room.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11833 on: July 09, 2015, 03:16:50 pm »

New patchnotes has a worrying line...

"You can no longer escape from the final boss's wrath."

Maybe no more teleporting home to visit the nurse?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11834 on: July 09, 2015, 04:36:06 pm »

need to gather more bait for fishing too.
You're probably not quite there yet, equipment wise, but with enough fishing power (the full angler's set and one of the better rods, mostly), you can pretty much pop a crate potion or two and fish up enough bait to last... a while. I ended one of my crate fishing sprees pulling up something like twenty bits of the master stuff :V

Along with journeyman and some other junk. And the stuff that came from the crates themselves, of course.

Just make sure you fish in a large enough body of water. I hadn't realized you need at least a 300 tile pond to get full fishing effects (though as long as the lower parts aren't wider than the top, it doesn't matter how you get that -- a 300 tile deep one tile wide hole works just fine, apparently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 887