Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254455 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12075 on: July 19, 2015, 08:43:49 am »

Hmm, Eye of Cthulhu was a hell of a lot easier than I thought. I was battering him with my blaster, threw a few spiked balls on the platforms, which helped significantly, then lobbed a few grenades and *poof!* It was dead. That was a ridiculously short battle... I wonder if I can fight Skeletron.

I managed to beat Skeletron with crimtane armor, potions, a ruby staff and a minishark. It's not that hard if you know the strategy.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: July 19, 2015, 08:48:32 am »

Crimtane armor is also really powerful, that addition regen can go a really long way if stacked with other sources of regen.
Nom nom nom

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12077 on: July 19, 2015, 08:52:33 am »

As for a spaceship, consider using luminite bricks.
Looks cool, thanks, but the fact it's late-late game material AND I can't find any picture of how it looks when actually placed in great numbers makes me ultimately un-interested in using it. Might reconsider if I ever even reach that Moon Lord boss and reliably farm him. ;)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: July 19, 2015, 08:57:13 am »

Crimtane armor is also really powerful, that addition regen can go a really long way if stacked with other sources of regen.

Agreed, it's solid for a little bit even after Hardmode starts.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12079 on: July 19, 2015, 09:32:08 am »

Luminite Brick 3x3

Martian Conduit Plating 3x3

Luminite bricks line well with Martian plating. Farming Moony can be a bit of a tough deal to do however, although martians are easily toggled, considering the power the mobs' drops are.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: July 19, 2015, 09:52:30 am »

So I decided to give this a swing thanks to penguinofhonor. Steam name is Tiruin.
...Wow that's a lot of new stuffs (and achievements!)

Just asking ahead here: Is the spider cavern a must in all world generated? As in--there's NO WAY it can't exist upon generation?
I'd...at least like an anti-arachnophobia button. :'(

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: July 19, 2015, 10:00:20 am »

There's always at least one, sometimes multiple.  Me and Neonivek have a full cave-complex that's all spiders.  There's also spiders in the jungle now but both ones are kinda... well they don't really look like spiders all that much.  On the upside it's very obvious where the spider caves are and they don't spawn unless you are actually in the cave.
Nom nom nom

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: July 19, 2015, 10:13:04 am »

So I decided to give this a swing thanks to penguinofhonor. Steam name is Tiruin.

Just asking ahead here: Is the spider cavern a must in all world generated? As in--there's NO WAY it can't exist upon generation?
This is a set of replacement textures. It was made for 1.2, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for 1.3. If somebody without arachnophobia could try it out, that would be cool.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: July 19, 2015, 10:18:32 am »

it is required to have them for several reason:

1. its the only mini-biome in which cobweb is a renewable resource

2. its the only mini-biome where you get the web slinger item

3. the black recluse spiders are the only source of materials for the early hardmode summoner equipment (spider armor and spider related weapons, without them you would have to defeat plantera for the tiki armor which means skipping a lot of your summoner playthrought because bee armor wont be of use there so you would be obligued to use other role).

4. the black recluses are the only source of the poison staff. for those who used it

what you can do is use a calming potion and just skip the area alltogether, if you want the cobwebs for necro armor you can farm whatever you want from there and just get over it without facing the spiders.

in other news:

finally made the cellphone, killing the wall of flesh required me to go to the right border of the map in order to fight it, died like 3-4 times because of its acceleration when nearly killed. with a bit of luck got to kill it when it was practically killing me. got the ranger emblem, demon heart, breaker blade, pwnhammer.

however. i got the problem of the jungle being infected with corruption, whereas the underground snow was infected with hallow. my crimson biome is finally growing.

entered hardmode and broke the 3 demon altars. enough cobalt for a pickaxe, then enough mythril for a pickaxe and the anvil, then enough adamantite for the forge.

crafted me some spider armor, spider staff and queen spider staff. a mob dropped me the beam sword, got the ice sickle, venom staff and ice bow. made the unlimited ammo items, the dao of pow and the meteor staff (that thing looks awesome but eats too much mana).

i'll have to make a speedrun through the jungle in order to get the most life fruit i can, the corruption is spreading at an alarming rate.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: July 19, 2015, 10:22:29 am »

Wait how did you get corruption and crimson on the same world?

Also the meteor staff is absolutely stupid powerful if you get that thing that auto-uses mana potions for you.  Be on the lookout for it's parts in the jungle.
Nom nom nom

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #12085 on: July 19, 2015, 11:01:26 am »

Super non-bonus:
Apex Cruiser from Starbound some time ago. I never got around to finishing the rail gun assembly between the forward arms. Oh well.
Did you make that in-game?
Booted up starbound while waiting for tedit/TC.

it is required to have them for several reason:
Don't forget it's where the stylist is spawned.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12086 on: July 19, 2015, 11:05:34 am »

Wait how did you get corruption and crimson on the same world?
Presumably he imported crimstone from another world.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: July 19, 2015, 11:06:59 am »

Oh I thought there was some hard coded thing that prevents the biome from being created/spreading.  Nice to know that's not the case.
Nom nom nom

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: July 19, 2015, 12:26:40 pm »

exactly i brought some crimstone and put it into an specific spot on the map. it has been growing plentifull so far. but im worry that the hallow will end eating it overtime. they are separated by sunflowers tho.

as for the rest, the underground jungle is growing large spots of chlorophyte so i guess it will be safe for now. as for the surface its a lost cause. with the underground corruption spread at that side keeping the jungle clean will be a pita.

got to purify the corruption spreading towards the base and left some more sunflowers to cover it. the idea is to allow the hallow to eat the pre-hardmode corrruption spot.

EDIT:

farming for the ankh shield materials, just need the band aid and it will be finished. also made me harpy wings. no bosses have appeared yet, but got the prelude of the destroyer some days ago. didnt wanna fight him yet. maybe if i use the same arena i used for skeletron.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:29:15 pm by xaritscin »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: July 19, 2015, 12:28:03 pm »

Do we have a running server right now?
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 887