Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261236 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12120 on: July 20, 2015, 04:41:24 am »

steampunk the everything

no srsly try making homes - actual individual homes for your people and develop a portal complex
I already made homes for everybody. I can't stand to have wooden blocks for my npc houses on my main world.
I've still got to finish the massive marble/granite house I'm building into the heavens.
I want more bosses to fight
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: July 20, 2015, 10:40:44 am »

discovered the wonders of automatic controls, unfortunately, i forgot the summoning item, the twins appeared that night but like all natural spawns they came when i had lost some of the buffs. the fight lasted up to mid night and got them to the second stage, didnt last much without more potions.

made the other helmets for the adamantite set in case i have to swap weapons. this time i'll take on the destroyer again, with plenty of buffs.

as for weapons, tried to farm some biome mimics, got several crystal vileshard and iluminant hooks, a worm hook and a dart rifle. also got a flying knife, but no dedalus stormbow so far.

EDIT:

skeletron prime was announced before i got to summon the destroyer. decided to fight him instead. of all the three mechanical bosses he seems the most easy at least for me. the fight lasted the whole night, and got to take down at least 3 of the 4 arms. he was really low on life when the morning stroke down. will have to cheat my supply of jester arrows, lost practically all of them during the fight (no way im going to collecte 90+ fallen stars again)

and maybe i'll use holy arrows for the next fight.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:01:00 am by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: July 20, 2015, 11:01:30 am »

I already made homes for everybody. I can't stand to have wooden blocks for my npc houses on my main world.
If you actually build wood blocks for your NPC houses, you're doing better than I do. I may use wood somewhere in there, but it won't be intentional. Low effort NPC homes just use whatever material there's an excess of at the time :V

Sometimes don't even bother to make the tiles match. Several of the homes in my expert word have floors that are part snow, part ice :P

Generally can't even be arsed to make the rooms the same size or whatev'. Just kinda' go in and swing the pick around until there's enough room, backwall it with whatever, and call it a job done. Mighty Multipurpose Monument to Meticulous Meh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: July 20, 2015, 11:11:17 am »

now that i mention it, skeletron prime seems like the easiest hardmode boss in expert. the destroyer and the twins have proven to be a pita to kill.

but the fight against skeletron was actually very easy, his arms dont do much damage with the equipment setup i have and i was able to take down most if not almost all his arms. if it wouldnt because he spawned naturally i may have won the fight. those first hours in the night would have served me well and i may have won.

he is very easy to dodge tbh...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12124 on: July 20, 2015, 11:32:31 am »

The ranged set gives the following to ranged:
  • +36% ranged damage
  • +27% ranged critical strike chance
  • +25% chance to not consume ammunition
  • +10% movement speed
and that's without mentioning the controlled stealth effect which allows you to move slowly, activate it at any time for the following effects:
  • Near-invisibility
  • Decreased chance that enemies will target the wearer
  • +80% ranged damage
  • +20% ranged critical strike chance
  • Decreased movement speed

Note: Ammo Consumption rates are multiplicative.

Get the ranged set, and go farm moony some more. If you wish to go hybrid with minions, you can swap the legs for Stardust leggings, allowing you to expand your stardust dragon to three segments, strong enough to crush things within a few seconds.

source: http://terraria.gamepedia.com

That sounds like a plan.
Can stealth be used in a cart?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: July 20, 2015, 12:04:18 pm »

destroyer down, used titanium repeater with  jester arrows. plenty of potions to keep myself buffed for the whole fight. excalibur crafted and modified to legendary, found an strange plant and got reflective copper dye as reward. crafted the hallowed greaves.

next enemy to get should be the twins, as i have the summoning item.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12126 on: July 20, 2015, 12:05:45 pm »

That sounds like a plan.
Nope. Neither can you stealth up while riding a mount.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12127 on: July 20, 2015, 12:10:07 pm »

That sounds like a plan.
No, but could build one bouncing minecart setup and let someone else be stealthed and throw damage.  Let me know if you want some multiplayer help!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: July 20, 2015, 12:16:34 pm »

Can you stealth with the Psycho Knife while stealthed? :P
thincake

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: July 20, 2015, 12:26:45 pm »

Probably only one will activate, but it's hard to tell.  Sadly the psycho knife will only provide its damage buff to the knife itself though... so no SUPER SNIPER options with it.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: July 20, 2015, 12:28:45 pm »

almost finished the twins, spazmatism  was too hard to kill in the lasts moments, couldnt keep up between the dashes and the cursed flames. will se if destroying skeletron instead.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12131 on: July 20, 2015, 01:14:10 pm »

Probably only one will activate, but it's hard to tell.  Sadly the psycho knife will only provide its damage buff to the knife itself though... so no SUPER SNIPER options with it.
The knife can boost the solar flare armor's dash attack.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: July 20, 2015, 01:20:25 pm »

Well, using the dolphingun made a lot of things easier, but the Vortex armor almost felt like a downgrade from Beetle lacking survivality vs the MoonLord. I think the logical step will be to make a Solar and try that instead.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: July 20, 2015, 01:21:48 pm »

Vortex has lower defense but great ranged attack, so it makes you more of a glass cannon.  Honestly Solar + Yoyo is probably the most OP possible.  Massive defense and massive attack.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: July 20, 2015, 02:02:18 pm »

defeated skeletron prime, but didnt get much hallowed bars, had stacked enough for greaves and breastplate but not enough for a helmet. the twins are next in line, have to test if using holy arrows help me with it.

oh and got the steampunker.
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 887