Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261450 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12150 on: July 20, 2015, 08:30:51 pm »

Yes.

Man, farming the guy gets daunting. Oh well, I'll just stick to shooting the hell out of him with chlorophyte and a raging cart.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12151 on: July 20, 2015, 08:31:17 pm »

Would be nice to see that done for all bosses actually.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: July 20, 2015, 08:50:08 pm »

The response to removing the spike cheese was to just do it with lava, or slimes, or whatever other things. So Relogic responded by giving moonbro his own invincibility timer.
You can avoid it by using teleporters and stacking regen, though.  There's a video of the 'afk moonlord farm' where he fights moonbro without any input.  It uses 4 teleporters, each with honey, heart lantern, and campfire, as well as the golem's 'stand still regen health' item and a beastly defense set, then letting a celestial dragon summon just wear moonbro down.  Teleporting about reduces damage from unblockable sources because most of them miss, standing still on the teleporter enables higher regen rate, and the dragon summon can be built pre-moonbro (stardust fragments only).

I suspect something similar could be done using a cart track that keeps moving around, and you could then use chloro bullets to quicken things considerably, though the tele-box method does prevent moonbro from using his death beams entirely.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: July 20, 2015, 09:17:44 pm »

That's nice. I never thought of that.

I'll prolly integrate a porter afker in my steampunk castle.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: July 20, 2015, 09:27:32 pm »

decided to test my skills with wire, never had used those things before, now i have a teleporter from the base to the dungeon arena. maybe i will create another connection for the queen bee arena. althought i dont really need to farm her right now. may come handy later (i dont really think so).

as for bosses, no appearance of the twins again, got some angry nimbuses and werewolves during the last nights but no nimbus rod or moon charm yet.

got the golden fishing rod from my 30th fishing quest. this should come in handy when looking for crates. no angler earrings yet.

need to take out the most of fishing if i want to be clad in titanium for the upcoming fights.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: July 20, 2015, 10:39:32 pm »

I still prefer my water arena method. Sure, it's not quite as great as AFK farming, but it's fast and it works. Kill his deathbeam eye with the Last Prism, then kill his two hand-eyes simultaneously with good aim, then finish him off quick and easy. Don't even need to make his summon, since I need a bunch of various fragments along with an endless supply of luminite. Damn my expensive megaprojects...

70-90 luminite on expert...

Dear god.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: July 20, 2015, 11:01:36 pm »

Everyone is fighting the end of the world bosses, and here I am not sure what to do after activating hardmode.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: July 20, 2015, 11:05:02 pm »

Everyone is fighting the end of the world bosses, and here I am not sure what to do after activating hardmode.

It's okay. Fish. FIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: July 20, 2015, 11:05:55 pm »

It's okay. Fish. FIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish.
What does fishing even do?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: July 20, 2015, 11:08:27 pm »

after analizing the idea i finally decided to fight the twins in the base. came better than expected. having the nurse and the dryad nearby granted me with the extra sustain needed for killing spazmatism, after it retinazer came quickly too.

crafted the mechanical minecart, finished the hallowed armor (with melee helm for the extra defenses), made a drax and a mechanical worm for farming a second destroyer(need it for making the optic staff).

next on the list is plantera. but i need the extra power of the minions and need to prepare a suitable place.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: July 20, 2015, 11:09:14 pm »

you have a chance t fish up crates, witch can contain metal, equipment, ect
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12161 on: July 20, 2015, 11:23:44 pm »

you have a chance t fish up crates, witch can contain metal, equipment, ect
There are also fish that are useful in early hardmode as weapons, like the bladetongue
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: July 20, 2015, 11:39:31 pm »

Doesn't look very impressive without lights.  A screenshot of the map might actually look better.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: July 20, 2015, 11:57:17 pm »

mined some chlorophyte, used a part of it to create large farm in the underground (made sure to not connect the mud to any other block)

killed a second destroyer. got enough for the optic staff and a hallowed repeater. they have been reforged for maximum benefit. now i have to make the setup for plantera's stage. have a place for use but need to get large amounts of wood for it.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: July 21, 2015, 12:08:35 am »

A screenshot would look better if it didn't span from the surface to Hell. Here's a shot of the bottom, and the rest of it is basically a gigantic pit with a bunch of chains on the walls.

inb4 golbez
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 887