Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261110 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12765 on: October 28, 2017, 10:40:18 am »

https://imgur.com/a/rZhtx

here's an album of the space elevator finished at last. i almost mined the whole marble biome to craft this. and Sunplate has a horrible combination of colors but i wanted something else apart of Marble and Stone Slabs.

i used all the material crafted. nothing was wasted. and added some honey spots at the top. should help against some bosses. allthought from the Ancient Flier fight it seems im close to the world's ceiling so it can be tricky to see the enemy. anyways i aint moving that stuff down. gonna fight the last pre-Skeletron bosses. im tired of building.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12766 on: October 28, 2017, 10:41:49 am »

I haven't played since release, what changed?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12767 on: October 28, 2017, 10:53:58 am »

It'd probably be faster to read a Stephen King novel than go through all the changelogs. Off the top of my head:

Improved lighting
The ability to walk up slopes without constant jumping (unless it's too steep)
More character creation options
The ability to dye items
Mounts, pets, and minecarts
Queen Bee
The Wall of Flesh
Hard Mode, unlocked by defeating the Wall of Flesh
Higher-tier ores
More NPCs, some Hard Mode, some not
A ton of Hard Mode bosses
Expert Mode (which is a world-creation parameter, enemies do twice as much damage and gain new abilities but drop far more loot and there are expert-mode exclusive items)
New evil biome, the Crimson
"Good" biome, the Hallow, which is unleashed when Hard Mode starts
NPCs can defend themselves to some degree from enemies (only on PC)
Fishing
Traveling Merchants
Some holiday events (like the Halloween event going on now, get yourself some pumpkins!)
More invasions
Mini-biomes
Snowy tundra biomes
Jungles(?)
A sort of tower-defense minigame
Tons more vanity options
Tons more accessories
Tons more weapons
Tons more
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12768 on: October 28, 2017, 11:04:27 am »

The big deal is hard mode, it's basically a complete expansion of the game and content, pre-hard mode is just a small part of Terraria now. Just the bare surface of the game.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12769 on: October 28, 2017, 11:09:39 am »

not to mention the plethora of mods that make the game even longer and bigger than the vanilla experience.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12770 on: October 28, 2017, 11:27:43 am »

Hard mode makes me interested. What is your opinion about up-to-date Terraria vs Starbound ?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12771 on: October 28, 2017, 11:47:18 am »

they play different. Starbound is more about different stuff avaliable in a persistent universe with survival as the default mode. Terraria is more about the boss battles, dank loot and exploration. both have strong building and circuit systems tho.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: October 28, 2017, 01:18:37 pm »

the Hivemind and the Perforators went down quite easily. in fact, the summoner drops werent even that good compared to the Skeletalon staff. i was expecting more or maybe its because the minions deal an special effect or something. i dont really know.

i tried to fight Skeletron, died the 1st time, had to fish some ebonkoi and variegated lardfish for wrath + summoner potions. i also crafted the frostpark boots and warded it along with the band of regeneration. second match was the win. so i went straight to the dungeon to get what was more critical. RNG was good with me this time so i found the cobalt shield  and the shadow key a few chests later. the minotaurs took a bit of time to appear but the contract has been completed and got a skull to craft the Phylactery.

bought the Theseus Thread and made more runs into the place to get water candle, another minotaur skull and the water bolt (may be used for a summoner weapon later on). with the water candle and the skull i crafted a Strange Skull which is a non minion summoner weapon with big damage, i added mythical to it topping this to 54 damage. i also got an ancient skull material from one of the mobs, this is a material related to the second tier of Artifact Weapons, more specifically, for improving the Death Wind, but i need to defeat that star worm boss and make the ocean invasion event to get the other 2 materials.

the clothier settled in and i rescued the mechanic. the tracker gave me the contract to hunt a Hag, but seeing that its a rare mob im not sure if i'll be able to find it.

crafted the obsidian shield and warded it, also made the Spirit Trapper armor that empowers minion damage and also gives some kind of healing mechanic so i can replace Bee Armor and the healing cape accesory. im still gonna use the band and the boots, the worm scarf kinda looses its usability with so much stuff. the fungal clump is still boss, gonna keep using it mostly because its another minion.

with Skeletron slain the next bosses in the list before the WoF are the Granite Energy Storm, the Buried Champion, the Starplate Raider, the Star Scouter and the Slime God. this is gonna be a long grind for potions. but i think it wont be too hard to achieve.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12773 on: October 28, 2017, 02:23:28 pm »

the wiki says you need ebonstone/crimstone and blighted gel to craft the summoning item. the slimes that drop the gel are a rare or uncommon mob found in the respecting evil biomes. so yeah you can get the materials before the WoF.

anyways. no luck finding a Hag. i may have to take another water candle from the dungeon or craft battle potions. i went to the granite biome to get the materials tu summon the Energy Storm. it was a long fight mostly because the boss went off screen so i couldnt use the blaster skulls. i got the summoner item. allthought it seems more for the collection. having an aimable turret summon is cool but the gaster blasters do the same stuff. it may be help for invasion tho, so imma modify it.

i also tried to find more spider nests but no luck yet. the spider accesory has evaded me for far too long but i havent found anything yet.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12774 on: October 28, 2017, 03:18:20 pm »

well fuck, it seems im gonna have to summon a meteorite after all. one of the components required to summon the Starplate Raider requires me to get another goblin army. i aint farming scouts again. so yeah, gonna have to break some crimson hearts this time (not like i dont need the crimstone for the Slime God item).

oh btw, i defeated the Buried Champion and got the wings dropped with warding. bless RNG. i also bought some summon items and farmed the Desert Scourge until it bled the fishing accesories for crafting the cellphone.

during the fight i got a "Crawlerrock Staff" or something like that. its a minion weapon that summon crawlerrocks, a mob referencing one of the premade monsters from Starbound (Spirit mod has some Starbound references like a Floran Ore and equipment, including the whole Floran Sssssstab thing)

i was originally planning to use another world to farm the meteorite for the Star Scouter boss but since this is a progression thing im obligued to let it crash into the world. just hope it doesnt mess with some of the stuff i've built around.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12775 on: October 28, 2017, 03:19:25 pm »

Hard mode makes me interested. What is your opinion about up-to-date Terraria vs Starbound ?

Personally I find Terraria vastly more enjoyable. But, to be fair, I never really enjoyed starbound that much. So not much of a comparison there for me.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12776 on: October 28, 2017, 05:25:04 pm »

2 crimson hearts later still no meteorite or goblin army (dafuq)

i farmed the ancient flier while waiting and got enough materials to craft both the Tide event and the Starplate Raider later. bought the ballista rod and prepared it for combat.

the Tide is a bit clunky because well, its an invasion that starts from the sea and i made the mistake of summoning it in the eastern ocean which has a horrible landscape layout. but was doable, really nice to see mods adding more content to a pretty bland biome. the ballista and the minions were capable of mantainin the enemies on ground. i even got a Hag killed during the event.

got enough materials to craft "Diver Armor" which is the top Pre-Hardmode armor for summoner from Spirit, overall it gives 2 more defense than Spirit Trapper and each piece increase your max number of minions along with giving damage. the set also allows free movement underwater and a Baby Clamper summon that follows you around, really usefull to up my DPS.

i also got a Baby Clamper accesory, which gives +3 defense and increases life regen by 3 points and max number of minions by 1. gonna have this little guy to replace the Obsidian Shield maybe. need to  ward it first.

on the other side, there's another slime rain. this must have cancelled the goblins, but anyways, maybe the next day. who knows. at least i got the Hag contract completed.

EDIT:

well fuck this slime rain, turns out the minions didnt kill a Hag, they killed Pinky. this is annoying.

EDIT2:

it also seems this armor gives double jump. so many stuff :O
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:36:32 pm by xaritscin »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12777 on: October 28, 2017, 05:32:11 pm »

The meteors and goblin army only have a *chance* to occur once you start smashing orbs/hearts. Unless the mods you use are supposed to alter that, at least. I know the chance for a goblin invasion is rolled each morning, while meteors can happen at any time but are less likely the more meteorite is placed in the world.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: October 28, 2017, 06:28:35 pm »

well i've already smashed 3 hearts between mornings and midnights while waiting for anything to happen. nothing so far, its supposed to be a 50% chance to have the meteor fall but more than the meteor what i need is the invasion because one of those goblins is the one who drops the materials to summon the Starplate Raider.

the meteor is just an oportunity to do the Star Scouter boss fight and get some extra materials.

i've farmed the old one's army for a while and got a cool staff but the minions are limited and dont check the enemies from offscreen. they may be usefull for other things. tried to fight the Slime God but yeah i wasnt expecting to get ripped apart by a floating orb that gives antigravity when it hits you (as if it wasnt a horrible mechanic during the Vortex Pillar fight, why?).

im gonna wait to see if the meteor falls this night.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12779 on: October 28, 2017, 06:36:48 pm »

Oh ho ho, I'm not sure if a mod changed it, but what the vortex does isn't antigravity, it's inconsistent gravity. Honestly, I think the pure antigrav is substantially less annoying, heh. Particularly it you already have wings and/or a way to prevent fall damage. Scattering platforms around to grapple to keep yourself from floating away seems helpful.

And yeaaah, slime god may be pre-hard mode materials wise but I'm less sure vis a vis difficulty. I've been cheating like a so and so, but that one looked nasty anyway.

Though so far as boss fights I've seen so far go... ignoring the Ragnarok, I think my current vote goes to the overseer hands down. So many projectiles, everywhere, and the thing's perfectly capable of doing in excess of 400 damage if it rams you.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:39:59 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 887