Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we continue this game or start anew?

Continue
Start the Sci-Fi RTD

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Roll to Doom, Turn 19: One hundred coins, up front  (Read 18708 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 1: 6 Horrors Awaken (finished)
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2011, 06:31:04 am »

Guys, I'm not in direct competition with the one who wants to rule hell or the one who wants to rule Elder God diamentions. I just want to destroy the mortal plain, more than that due to the nature of who I am I have to take it slowly. Causeing enough disease and bug infestations for enough plants and animals to die for Famine to awaken. Then both of us would need to cause such problems that the Region we're in has to turn on other nations just for resources, which would awaken War, then all three of us would need to awaken Death. My way takes awhile
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2011, 06:38:47 am »

I'm actually compatable with most peoples causes. I just want all the gold plated stuff you can hand me. I liek moniez.
Raggle Fraggle

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2011, 06:42:17 am »

Guys, I'm not in direct competition with the one who wants to rule hell or the one who wants to rule Elder God diamentions. I just want to destroy the mortal plain, more than that due to the nature of who I am I have to take it slowly. Causeing enough disease and bug infestations for enough plants and animals to die for Famine to awaken. Then both of us would need to cause such problems that the Region we're in has to turn on other nations just for resources, which would awaken War, then all three of us would need to awaken Death. My way takes awhile
Alllright then, I'll let you harass Irony if you want. Though don't expect me to not give him any support at all.

I'm actually compatable with most peoples causes. I just want all the gold plated stuff you can hand me. I liek moniez.
Well, I'm open whenever you want. I won't kick you on entrance.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2011, 06:46:50 am »

Great :D
Should we take our evil scheming to PM's?
Raggle Fraggle

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Doom, Turn 2: No Jaw Innkeeper?
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2011, 01:13:27 pm »

Just make sure you BCC me, I like to know what is going on.  That's what makes me a good DM. . . or nosy.  Either one I suppose.  No seriously, add me in to the PMs.

Quote from: KaguroDraven
Continue towards the village to find this cult, but try not to be seen, it would be most annoying if I was reported.

[1]  You continue onwards, but it isn't long before you hear the alarm being raised.  Curses, some peasant must have seen you and ran ahead of you to report it.  The town guard will be here soon.  You could probably kill them, but then the humans would send actual soldiers to hunt you down.  How annoying.

Quote from: Tarran
Go into human form and look for another village.

[4]  Thankfully you were already in human form otherwise the knights would already be attacking you.  You quickly gather up your belongings, that is to say, nothing, and head out on the roads.  You reach an intersection, the road to the right would take you to Castile, the road to the left would take you to some other peasant village.  Oh the decisions one must make.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Shuakegu smiled to himself, taking a deep drag from his cigarette as he looked around. Good, good... Looks like there's a lot of fear in this part of the world. Fear and anger. A shame there are no survivors to feed upon. He removed the cigarette and exhaled the smoke; too big a cloud of it came from his mouth, more than any mortal man could possibly hold in his lungs. After it dissipated into the air, he stuck out his tongue and tasted the the air. The hatred tastes like sentient animals and elves. I think I'll take a look around before I follow that sweet, succulent sensation back to its source.

He pulled his tongue back into his mouth, replaced his cigarette at the corner of his lips, and shouldered his halberd. Yes, indeed. Not a great beginning, but it was a challenge, and he hadn't had one in years. Maybe there would be a druid around to snack on... or drive insane. Maybe even to convert into a worshipper. He grinned and headed off in a random direction to look for one.

[2]  You head off in an random direction keen on finding an elven druid but none show up.  Before too long you arrive at the official border between the Deserts and the Forest.  You can see a small village of animal people on the horizon.  You chuckle a little, look for elves and find the animals.

Quote from: adwarf
Hellbringer then stepped forward so they could see him in his demon form, and said "I am Hellbringer, the future Demon King. It is a pleasure to meet ones that could be allies, so how about it will you join me on my quest to becoming the Demon King, and become my allies, and my loyal soldiers?"

[5]  The mortals err. . . dead mortals, are instantly impressed with seeing a true demon and agree to serve you and only you almost instantly.  It's good to be the king. . . future king.

Gained:  10 Undead Followers

Quote from: Riccto
Scout the village out, looking particularly for some wealthy nobles or disgruntled soldiers

[6]  The town is too new, too fresh, for any of the "nobles" here to be all that wealthy.  Nearly all the soldiers are disgruntled though on the bright side seeing as how this town is in the middle of a mud pit that's infected with insects and far away from their homes.

Quote from: IronyOwl
Head down and ask the innkeeper or equivalent who the real powers are here. The lich can't be the only entity with any clout, even if most of the real players are under his banner.

If we get a second action, get a second opinion out on the streets.

[1]  You head downstairs and find the innkeeper is missing his lower jaw.  Apparently it was the cook that was yelling at you earlier. . . or something.  You ask him about the major players here in town but all you get back is "Mmrrogllmrollgoel."  You're assuming that roughly translates to "Go away."

[4]  Taking the hint you leave the inn and head outside.  Zombies, skeletons, and wraiths all walk the streets presumably living their lives just as though they had never ended.  You see a small skeleton boy employed as a Crier and ask him about the major players in town.  "Yah must be new 'round these parts.  Lookin' pretty fresh too if I do say so myself.  Of course the Lich, Xavier, is the one everyone knows about.  There are a couple who don't take too kindly to his influence though.  The Skeleton "King" John the fourteenth and the Wraith Claire, are very opposed to his policies.  Why just yesterday Claire was raisin' all sorts of trouble down in the town square.  I bet if you search the surrounding area, she's still around."  You give the boy a couple of copper pieces you didn't know you had in your pocket for his trouble and begin to plan your next move.

Enemy Actions

Enemy Status

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ricto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 2: No Jaw Innkeeper?
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2011, 01:16:16 pm »

run and hide
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:19:48 pm by KaguroDraven »
Because I can"-WolfTengu

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 01:17:41 pm »

You don't have that ability yet seeing as you have no mutations.  It sucks starting at square one, but that's where everyone else is too.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 01:19:14 pm »

ah, i'll edit then
Because I can"-WolfTengu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 01:24:23 pm »

Shuakegu stopped and stared at the animal village, tapping some ash from his cigarette as he thought over his next course of action. Devour, destroy, or dominate? Dominate. He could always eat later. Maybe he could even get them to believe that sacrificing themselves to him was in their best interests if they wanted to exterminate the elves. Besides... he was always hungry. Waiting a few more days wouldn't make a difference at all. And if they didn't want to follow him, he could always... have a little fun with them. He approached the village, wondering how many would faint at the sight of his true form, how many would lose their sanity upon revealing it. Would any of them rally enough to fight back? An interesting idea.

For now, he would appraise the situation at the village, claiming to be a lost traveler.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 02:06:33 pm »

Rasputin flitted between Soldiers attempting to fill their heads with seditious thoughts, give in return hopeful thoughts about getting out of this trap, having the ability to make it big. Use self as an example and attempt to bring some closer to his cause in this manner 
Raggle Fraggle

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 02:55:22 pm »

Great :D
Should we take our evil scheming to PM's?
When we join eachother, yes.

Go to the village.

And then look for any elder-god-worshiping crazies.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 03:49:08 pm »

These men will be my first soldiers, and now I need a lich for no army can stand victorious without a mage to support their men. thought Hellbringer as he sat down in front of his new followers. He stared at them for a second before saying "You will be the first warriors to join my cause, adn for that you will be greatly rewarded when I take my rightful place on the throne. Now I have some questions to ask of you for I need information. First, Are there any liches in this town who might be willing to join our cause, and are there any others groups such as yours that might be willing to join me? " Hellbringer placeed his sword down directly beside him it was about the size of an average human, and he could swing it with just one hand.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 04:18:39 pm »

Go find this Claire wraith and let her rant at me about why she dislikes Xavier.

Ask a random passerby what it thinks of Xavier and the city as a whole.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 3: Well played
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2011, 10:34:29 pm »

Quote from: KaguroDraven
run and hide

[6] You run faster than you knew you could.  Some might call you a coward, but making this many enemies this early would simply be insane.  Eventually, you find a suitable field and disappear into the middle of this.  You sit there surrounded by corn, what to do now?

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Shuakegu stopped and stared at the animal village, tapping some ash from his cigarette as he thought over his next course of action. Devour, destroy, or dominate? Dominate. He could always eat later. Maybe he could even get them to believe that sacrificing themselves to him was in their best interests if they wanted to exterminate the elves. Besides... he was always hungry. Waiting a few more days wouldn't make a difference at all. And if they didn't want to follow him, he could always... have a little fun with them. He approached the village, wondering how many would faint at the sight of his true form, how many would lose their sanity upon revealing it. Would any of them rally enough to fight back? An interesting idea.

For now, he would appraise the situation at the village, claiming to be a lost traveler.

[6]  You walk toward the town and after an hour you find yourself surrounded by celebrating dog-men.  Apparently they are the ones who launched the raid on the elves and they have currently drunk themselves silly.  In fact nobody even seems to notice you, all of them caught up in their own reveling.

Quote from: Riccto
Rasputin flitted between Soldiers attempting to fill their heads with seditious thoughts, give in return hopeful thoughts about getting out of this trap, having the ability to make it big. Use self as an example and attempt to bring some closer to his cause in this manner.

[2]  The soldiers tell you to buzz off as soon as you start spouting anything near anti-government nonsense.  Well trained these gents.

Quote from: Tarran
Go to the village.

And then look for any elder-god-worshiping crazies.

[2]  You are on your way to the Village when a group of bandits jump out.  "Your money or your life!" the leader screams.  There are only 5 of them, easy pickings for one such as yourself.  ((After all, you do have a sky rocket in your true form :P))

Quote from: adwarf
These men will be my first soldiers, and now I need a lich for no army can stand victorious without a mage to support their men. thought Hellbringer as he sat down in front of his new followers. He stared at them for a second before saying "You will be the first warriors to join my cause, adn for that you will be greatly rewarded when I take my rightful place on the throne. Now I have some questions to ask of you for I need information. First, Are there any liches in this town who might be willing to join our cause, and are there any others groups such as yours that might be willing to join me? " Hellbringer placeed his sword down directly beside him it was about the size of an average human, and he could swing it with just one hand.

[auto-fail]  The apparent leader kneels before you before saying, "There are no liches in this town.  Liches for the most part are solitary and live alone in the wilds where they can practice their magic in peace."  [6] "However, the ten of us are very influential in this town.  No doubt we could get some to join us.  Shall we make it so?"

Quote from: IronyOwl
Go find this Claire wraith and let her rant at me about why she dislikes Xavier.

Ask a random passerby what it thinks of Xavier and the city as a whole.

[5]  Surprisingly, or maybe not, it doesn't take you long at all to find the Wraith known as Claire.  [3]  She isn't sure whether or not to trust you as she doesn't knows you but takes a chance and decides that, for the moment, you are trustworthy.  "Xavier is nothing more than a magic-using cretin.  He uses his magic to enthrall all the guards that work for him, taking away their free-will.  Who knows how many else in this city are really nothing more than vessels of his will.  I would love nothing more than to take his Phylactery, destroy it utterly and drop it in the bottom of the ocean."  She seems quite angry about the whole situation.

((Sorry, you had a persuasion roll to see if she would trust you, she still doesn't completely, if you want to recruit her to help you in starting your own empire, you're going to need to pass another persuasion roll with at least a [3]))

Enemy Actions

None

Enemy Status

Bandit 1:
Health:  2

Bandit 2:

Bandit 3:

Bandit 4:

Bandit 5:

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:36:40 pm by V-Norrec »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Doom, Turn 3: Well played
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 10:39:46 pm »

((After all, you do have a sky rocket in your true form :P))
:| *Marks V-Norrec on The List*

"Do you know who I am?" *Tentacles appear from behind* "Get out of my way before I rip you to shreds and feed you to dogs."

Partially expose my true form. Also get ready just in case they attempt to attack.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20