Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 68124 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2011, 06:10:22 pm »

Jim had already outlined he's reasons. I expected Town Jim to not bother why he thought Toony was scum, while scum Jim was more likely to try and give reasons. Had he been a little more defensive and started going over he's reasoning in summery, I would have suspected him.
Because I had a policy of saving my vote, when I did vote Jim thought I was going to start tunnelling him, and that's when your going to see scum Jim most defensive about he's opinion. Although Panda seems to disagree with this, I'm not taking Panda on he's word right now.

That's a crock of bullshit.  Pretty much everyone knows that a tunneler is what you don't need to worry about, because they're not behaving rationally anymore--and everyone knows it.  The town, the target, everyone.

So... when someone answers your question to the letter, they're scum?

Should I be suspecting you now, for saying something other than "because I felt like it?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2011, 06:29:16 pm »

Only if you think I am the kind of person that would give shorter answers as a townie. If you think that Scum Max gives fuller details, and Townie Max does not, then yes, you would be justified in voting for me, unless of coarse there was somebody else who you thought was even scummyer.
That's how this game works, isn't it? You vote for who you think is acting the most suspicious?

Your mistaking 'Jim' for 'Someone', there is a difference.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2011, 06:32:36 pm »

Fair enough.

Finally, however, where did you get this impression of Jim's playstyle from?  I haven't been around for a while, and am trying to get a handle on your level of experience.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2011, 06:35:37 pm »

In the last third party, he was the brother and I was mafia.
Sad to say, the relationship ended abruptly when I stabbed Darvi in the neck and he turned out to be townie, handing the game to the assassin (Toaster, I think) with special mention to the survivor (Toaster).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2011, 06:36:35 pm »

In the last third party, he was the brother and I was mafia.
Sad to say, the relationship ended abruptly when I stabbed Darvi in the neck and he turned out to be townie, handing the game to the assassin (Toaster, I think) with special mention to the survivor (Toaster).

All right.  Thank you--that's all for now.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2011, 06:43:05 pm »

EDIT:
Why did I say Toaster as the survivor? That was SuperChaizard. Oh what ever, you get the point.
Jokerman-EXE: If you end up getting lynched for not being active and were a townie, I'm going to be just a little annoyed. If you were a Tough Doppelganger, would you take the effort to remove anybody with tec that could kill you, or lay low and hope for the best?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2011, 07:09:53 pm »

ToonyMan:
Why exactly were you suspicious of Jim? Your vote was an RVS, and you pursued very little with that - you didn't even talk to him besides softballing him a few times at the very start, ending with "It was a reaction test which you passed with flying colours" (paraphrased) for a question.
That was one statement I made, not the whole picture.  I felt like I was being very hard on him, not soft.

In fact, the only claim you have against Jim is "Town Jim would have done something different." What? Are you really that lost here?
It was better than nothing at that time in the game.  There wasn't much else to go on and it works for me.

Now here, you say that your other suspicion is Max White. The whole thing just feels like a cover up to me - finding some reason for the lingering RV, then joining in a bandwagon (you had little prior interaction with Max as said below) on somebody just suspicious enough for nobody to go back and check.
I was genuinely suspicious of Max White and I still am.  I also changed my vote when I did to prevent myself from dying.

This makes the whole thing even worse; what you've been doing to Jim here is definitely not typical of a top suspicion. Hell, you'd expect that you'd put some pressure on such a high priority, no?
It's not really a scum-vote, is it? Just a bus to distance yourself from your fellow?
I have no idea what you're saying her.

And you got your suspicions for Max from this post, but it's your second one and you make no previous mention of him. How did this condemnation actually com into your head in the first place? How is he being passive-scum? How come you've never actually put any pressure on him (ever), or any other sort of active probing to confirm this?
There has to be a post without a previous mentioning of him, there's a beginning to everything.  I called him passive-scum numerous times beforehand because that's exactly what he was doing.  He wasn't voting people much and his pressure was and is still nonexistence.  I have plenty pressure on him, more pressure than the majority of people playing this game.  Everything your questioning here is lies and more lies.  It's completely contradictory to what I am doing.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2011, 08:45:20 pm »

Max: You've been awfully keen on twisting people's posts around. Why bring me up in defense to Pandarsenic? Why misinterpret Pandar's post which was clearly based in saying that you voted Toony despite not truly believing it? Why avoid Pandar's question about the bandwagon?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2011, 10:01:36 pm »

Time to finish that train of thought.  Vector first.

Vector:  Fair enough on your answer.  Unvote Vector.

LNCP:  See my previous post for my top pick of the moment, Dariush.  I believe I covered why enough there.  Beyond that, Think and Jim bug me a bit, in that order.  I can't tell if Max is newbie or scum, so I'd like to figure that out.

Think:  Who's your #2 pick and why?  Besides your most recent post, you seem content to sit on your Toony vote and wait for the lynch.

Toony:  Who do you think is scummier- Jim or Max?

Jim:  I see.  At what point is lurking lynchable?

Max:
Jim had already outlined he's reasons. I expected Town Jim to not bother why he thought Toony was scum, while scum Jim was more likely to try and give reasons. Had he been a little more defensive and started going over he's reasoning in summery, I would have suspected him.

This is the Too Townie argument in a different hat.  Since when is explaining your vote scummy or defensive?

What was the purpose of the vote cycle here and here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2011, 10:05:22 pm »

Toony:  Who do you think is scummier- Jim or Max?
Right.  I think Jim is scummier than Max so I'll be moving my vote back now.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2011, 10:24:34 pm »

Toaster: I'm currently waiting on responses from Dariush and Max, but my second pick at the moment is Max for his unusual behavior in response to Pandar,  the way he invoked me in a context that says "Hey, he's scummy too!", and his initial reaction to Toony vs. Jim, which was to involve the only other guy who had posted.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2011, 10:55:01 pm »

Jim:  I see.  At what point is lurking lynchable?

Tough call.

Some combination of not posting for days, ignoring multiple prods by players, and being available elsewhere.

Essentially whether or not it's flagrant and deliberate. That's the only time when it's really acceptable to lynch somebody on lurking alone.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2011, 11:18:50 pm »

This is the Too Townie argument in a different hat.  Since when is explaining your vote scummy or defensive?

What was the purpose of the vote cycle here and here?

Too Townie argument? Could you clarify on that point?

Also, I will go over this again, for those of you unwilling to read the thread. Unvoting and voting again was not because of anything ingame, but rather real life related. I am currently at my parents place, and wasn't sure if I would have internet, as warned about in the first post you linked to. I even gave a condition for a replace if I couldn't keep playing. I didn't want people bandwagoning on my vote while I couldn't change it, so I removed it. When I found I did have internet access, I put my vote back on. It was just a safeguard in case I couldn't be active.
I even made a note to myself so I would remember what was going on. Hell, I even did the exact same thing in the other game I'm in right now. Are we all clear now as to why I had to unvote and revote?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2011, 11:27:33 pm »

Max: You've been awfully keen on twisting people's posts around. Why bring me up in defense to Pandarsenic? Why misinterpret Pandar's post which was clearly based in saying that you voted Toony despite not truly believing it? Why avoid Pandar's question about the bandwagon?

Have I? Could you show some of these posts I twisted? I apologise if I misinterpret a post, but that is bound to happen in these games, so perhaps it would be better to explain rather then claim I'm twisting posts.

As for this question I have been avoiding answering, once again, you have me at a loss. What question? Provide a quote, or link, or anything, and I will do my best to respond.

If you make a claim, do your best to provide me with a post or two of what you mean, else how am I meant to know exactly what your talking about?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2011, 11:35:48 pm »

... Why are you saying the same damned thing three different times?  It makes you sound worried.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30