Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263076 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #555 on: June 30, 2011, 02:19:15 pm »

New version of cataclysm windows

No banks included ;P
But fixes hp monitor and hopefully the status screen crash.
and readds quicksave

https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win_SDL_1.3.zip
Wow, thank you. Especially for the Autosave. That function is hugely needed.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 30, 2011, 02:21:35 pm »

Thank goodness.  The new one is stable enough that I don't regularly crash but I was using the regular save, and that /did/ crash, losing me my good save (Got a backpack and cargo pants in my house, found...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And then loaded up on guns, ammo, and gun mods, and was gonna skip town, but noooooo.  I went to load my save and the game crashed and when I went to reload it was gone.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 30, 2011, 03:14:28 pm »

Something I noticed. Loading a save seems to reset your gender to male. That... Kinda bothers me.

It happens with both quicksave loading and normal save loading too. I suspect it's just not saving the value at all.

Using the latest windows port, but I think this was happening with the other windows port by head as well.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:23:46 pm by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 30, 2011, 03:27:32 pm »

Hm... I'd prefer if the amount of zombies was lower at the beginning, and gradually rose up to the huge hordes there are now.
Also, possibly the ability to choose a small amount of starting equipment? You could have, say, 100 points at the start. Pants, shoes, and T-shirts would be free, but anything else would cost points. Your average pistol would be about 70-85 points to encourage searching, but it would be nice to at least be guaranteed  that you could start out with some basic storage like a hoodie or messenger bag, or some basic supplies like books or nails. Possibly, you could also add perks which give equipment or companions. For example, you could be a beggar and start out with damaged clothes and less equipment, or you could be a "be prepared" kind of person and have better starting gear. Also, you might add an occupation you choose at the start that affects your skills and equipment. A librarian would have lots of books, a construction worker would have boards, nails, and a hammer, or a gangster would have lots of drugs and a few weapons. These jobs could affect how people react to you, for example, a survivor who was previously a cop would dislike theives and criminals, while a retired soldier would get along with a cop or hunter. Anyways, a complete autosave would also be nice too.

EDIT: I found how to escape the tutorial, but I have yet to make it out alive. :P
Here's how ya escape it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:52:37 pm by Geen »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 30, 2011, 03:51:01 pm »

I know using any operating except Windows is supposed to be the hip, cool, iconoclastic thing to do, but is it really too much to ask that people making games make them such that they can run natively in Windows, for the 90% of people who are likely to want to play it?  And provide a compiled version as a download?  I don't want to have to learn what "ncurses" is just to play a roguelike that looks really cool.

Also, I dunno if this is just a bug with the version I'm playing with, but the premade characters are all totally broken.  They all have like a half-dozen major disadvantages.  Not a problem, since you can just make a character the normal way, but I thought I'd point that out.

For goodness sake, the game is in early alpha stages, and the developer doesn't even use Windows. People need to chill out about the whole no official windows version thing.

Also, what page was that guide to compile and make a quick shortcut on that I said I'd put on the front page? I can't find it...if not I can just write it up again, that's what I did on my computer too xD
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 30, 2011, 03:53:36 pm »

BTW, anyone care to make a tileset?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 30, 2011, 03:56:12 pm »

I don't think there's any support for one yet. Is there?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 30, 2011, 03:57:36 pm »

It uses PDCurses as far as I can tell. So tilesets aren't likely to be supported unless there's a rewrite or something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 30, 2011, 03:58:58 pm »

Looking at quinnr's guide on compiling cataclysm in linux, but mine constantly requests some sorta password when I type that sudo thing
Either press enter or type in the password to your account, if one exists.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 30, 2011, 04:00:31 pm »

I present you version 1.3.1

https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win_SDL_1.3.1.zip

Fixes:

UI now has proper lines

I've hadn't had a crash yet using @ but please if you do drop a line here.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 30, 2011, 04:03:25 pm »

I actually do have the game drop out whenever I go into the @ menu sometimes. It's kind of off and on so I'm not quite sure what's doing that. That along with genders not being saved are the only real bugs I experience so far besides NPCs heads still needing to explode.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 30, 2011, 04:05:34 pm »

I actually do have the game drop out whenever I go into the @ menu sometimes. It's kind of off and on so I'm not quite sure what's doing that. That along with genders not being saved are the only real bugs I experience so far besides NPCs heads still needing to explode.

On the latest version?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 30, 2011, 04:07:40 pm »

Well. The one you posted JUST before this one. I don't know how I missed that. Lemme stress test it to hell and back real quick.

Edit: Yup. Happened first thing. Started a new game. Preset student. Quicksave just in case. Go into @ menu, and it crashes when I leave it. I also started a new random game and the @ menu crashed without the quicksave. Just in case if something the quick save was doing was making the menu crash.

Latest version, ran as administrator, win 95 compatibility mode.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:11:25 pm by Janet »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 30, 2011, 04:13:41 pm »

Well. The one you posted JUST before this one. I don't know how I missed that. Lemme stress test it to hell and back real quick.

Edit: Yup. Happened first thing. Started a new game. Preset student. Quicksave just in case. Go into @ menu, and it crashes when I leave it. I also started a new random game and the @ menu crashed without the quicksave. Just in case if something the quick save was doing was making the menu crash.

Latest version, ran as administrator, win 95 compatibility mode.

Remove win95 and try.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 30, 2011, 04:18:13 pm »

THAT works much better. I guess this most recent one doesn't need windows compatibility mode. Now everything seems fine besides character gender and aforementioned head explosions.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 777