Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260366 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #495 on: June 30, 2011, 03:23:00 am »

Mine on windows froze when I got my first yes/no prompt

Was that my build?  i'm pretty sure i eliminated that bug.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 30, 2011, 03:26:55 am »

and Head, your 1.2build doesn't show the health stat.

btw, I installed VMware, and made a VM with linux installed.
soooo.. how do i compile it in linux again?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 30, 2011, 03:29:40 am »

Mine on windows froze when I got my first yes/no prompt

Was that my build?  i'm pretty sure i eliminated that bug.

It was, in the tutorial section, when picking up the items. The latest one posted in this thread.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 30, 2011, 03:30:22 am »

Looking at quinnr's guide on compiling cataclysm in linux, but mine constantly requests some sorta password when I type that sudo thing

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 30, 2011, 03:31:03 am »

Other than that, it should be pretty playable, just crashy.
Ohwow, I love you! :P Awesome! Thanks, this game is great.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 30, 2011, 03:33:26 am »

Did you try pressing Shift + Y or N? That seems to be a bug.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 30, 2011, 03:37:26 am »

Did you try pressing Shift + Y or N? That seems to be a bug.

Maybe I did, not sure. will try again later!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 30, 2011, 03:41:14 am »

It's odd how many crashes you are experience mine only starts crashing when using the @ screen too much
It doesn't really crash often, it's just that it crashes at the worse possible time and it's made me paranoid. I don't think it's only limited to the @ screen.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 30, 2011, 03:46:52 am »

I've had a few crashes when checking my character screen too, so I've learnt to save before hand. Also, one time when I pressed the move button too rapidly... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 30, 2011, 03:58:31 am »

I've had a few crashes when checking my character screen too, so I've learnt to save before hand. Also, one time when I pressed the move button too rapidly... :P

Those seem to be pretty consistent crash causes, yes.  However, I've found that the first time I run the game after startup, it seems to be pretty stable, until it crashes once.  Then it's in wobbly unicycle mode.

Also, steel chains rock.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 30, 2011, 04:05:18 am »

Yea, The windows version of ncurses isn't the greatest thing known to man.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 30, 2011, 04:12:14 am »

I know using any operating except Windows is supposed to be the hip, cool, iconoclastic thing to do, but is it really too much to ask that people making games make them such that they can run natively in Windows, for the 90% of people who are likely to want to play it?  And provide a compiled version as a download?  I don't want to have to learn what "ncurses" is just to play a roguelike that looks really cool.

Also, I dunno if this is just a bug with the version I'm playing with, but the premade characters are all totally broken.  They all have like a half-dozen major disadvantages.  Not a problem, since you can just make a character the normal way, but I thought I'd point that out.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 30, 2011, 04:15:38 am »

I know using any operating except Windows is supposed to be the hip, cool, iconoclastic thing to do, but is it really too much to ask that people making games make them such that they can run natively in Windows, for the 90% of people who are likely to want to play it?  And provide a compiled version as a download?  I don't want to have to learn what "ncurses" is just to play a roguelike that looks really cool.
He doesn't have a Windows OS, so he can't test anything on a Windows computer.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 30, 2011, 04:21:31 am »

Oh MY JESUS F***IN CHRIST. YES I AM RAGING. SORRY 'BOUT THAT YOU SMARTIES.

man I feel so dumb. am I god damn retarded like 5 year old kid with 10 pounds of sugar? or are all of you completely used to this compile this compile that shit.
All I want is to PLAY the game without crashing every 3 minutes. and to do that I have to do all the compiling stuff myself!.
It's insane. PuTTY version is literally hit by a shitstorm so it's full of pile of shits and places been looted down to the ground. I do NOT want to play using PuTTY.
Is it THAT wrong to expect a compiled version? regardless of platform? Yes I can install VMware and do all the crazy stuff the game requres.
But getting users to do all the compiling with there own hands causes THIS problem. Some people cannot play.

okay. you know what? I won't expect any Windows compiled Cataclysm.
But please anyone have mercy and release the Linux compiled version.

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #509 on: June 30, 2011, 04:25:10 am »

Oh MY JESUS F***IN CHRIST. YES I AM RAGING. SORRY 'BOUT THAT YOU SMARTIES.

man I feel so dumb. am I god damn retarded like 5 year old kid with 10 pounds of sugar? or are all of you completely used to this compile this compile that shit.
All I want is to PLAY the game without crashing every 3 minutes. and to do that I have to do all the compiling stuff myself!.
It's insane. PuTTY version is literally hit by a shitstorm so it's full of pile of shits and places been looted down to the ground. I do NOT want to play using PuTTY.
Is it THAT wrong to expect a compiled version? regardless of platform? Yes I can install VMware and do all the crazy stuff the game requres.
But getting users to do all the compiling with there own hands causes THIS problem. Some people cannot play.

okay. you know what? I won't expect any Windows compiled Cataclysm.
But please anyone have mercy and release the Linux compiled version.

Compiling it isn't that difficult if you just clone the git repository. All you need to do is make sure you have g++ or whatever it is called (g-core?) and then make clean.
I'll type up what I did on my Ubuntu install to get the game working.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:31:01 am by dbfuru »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 777