Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263578 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #960 on: July 04, 2011, 01:18:07 am »

When I was following the instructions for self compiling on the wiki for windows, I kept getting a error with some main file talking about it not have a sdl/sdl.h.... so I deleted the main file. Then it yelled at me again, so I put the main file back but deleted two lines talking about a sdl file. It now works. Heh.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 04, 2011, 01:20:58 am »

Spoiler: Um... Umm.... (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure that happens if you have schizophrenia.

EDIT: Yeah, it's one of the FAQ:

"Q: The game just told me to quit, and other weird stuff is happening.
A: You have the Schizophrenic trait, which might make the game seem buggy."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:22:55 am by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 04, 2011, 01:31:50 am »

I was just asking. It kinda... Well I'm easily frightened!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 04, 2011, 02:14:03 am »

Made a blade trap, disarmed the outer blade first, then the engine. Still have 7 blades sitting there, probably effective, with no engine in the center, and the engine returned a motor and two machetes when disarmed.

Edit: Definitely effective. Current setup I have is basically a zombie farm, and if I had enough string I could set it up to be a true item farm.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:33:34 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 04, 2011, 02:28:48 am »

When I was following the instructions for self compiling on the wiki for windows, I kept getting a error with some main file talking about it not have a sdl/sdl.h.... so I deleted the main file. Then it yelled at me again, so I put the main file back but deleted two lines talking about a sdl file. It now works. Heh.
Why did you even compile yourself? i guess its fun

and noticed the guide is out of date
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 04, 2011, 03:04:49 am »

i can know how much noise emit ?

Run is noisy?
Smash a door or a windows is noisy???

I think the zombie are too fast and smart... I can't walk for the city... and if i see ONE zombie ( a the edge of the map) is too late to escape... two or three turn and the zombies are TWO, FOUR... FIVE.....

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 04, 2011, 03:13:47 am »

i can know how much noise emit ?

Run is noisy?
Smash a door or a windows is noisy???

I think the zombie are too fast and smart... I can't walk for the city... and if i see ONE zombie ( a the edge of the map) is too late to escape... two or three turn and the zombies are TWO, FOUR... FIVE.....
Run is just an option to not let you move when enemies are nearby.

Most things you would think make noise make noise, like smashing things or shooting guns.

And the basic zombies are easy to hit if it's only one, and they almost always are slower than you if you keep moving.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 04, 2011, 05:00:31 am »

Dammit whales. I barely realised it was 5 AM because I was playing your game too long. I can only dread how long Ill be stuck playing it as it gets more new features.

One little suggestion I feel I should make though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 04, 2011, 05:16:28 am »

Damn those thunder storms. I just go to sleep in living quarters in fort and an explosion wake me up just to see that it set my barricaded windows on fire, quickly grabbed whats most needed and evacuate -> thats DF level of FUN.
I had to completly disable npc spawning, beauce they started to bug me off.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 04, 2011, 09:30:32 am »

Just as a note, the drawback that makes you jittery never seems to stop! It's kind of more major than I thought it would be - that constant -4 to dex really hurts. It might be because the majority of the game drinks are sodas, and thats trigger it, but I feel like sedatives at least would calm it down a bit sometimes? I dunno, but I probably wouldn't pick it again.

Ashmatic, however, is barely a flaw at all and is worth more - mostly because you start with 100 uses, and its easy to find more. Oddly enough, it only seems to trigger when asleep... so I assume its just a time thing. You should consider upping its potential by requiring its use in stressfull/exhausting activities as well, maybe?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:32:38 am by GlyphGryph »

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 04, 2011, 09:46:29 am »

Yes but i never see a zombie alone

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 04, 2011, 10:22:52 am »

I don't know how do you handle town vs wilderness, Whales, but I have a suggestion which should add a lot to the immersion :).

Make more populated areas (centers of towns etc.) to have the current zombie counter, and make forests and other wild areas to have the zombie counter GREATLY decreased. So you could see a zombie there only when you make a huge amount of noise.

It should be okay since there are no supplies, so you rarely go there. But if you want to run from zombies and make a camp in the woods, let us feel like we are really far away from people. normal and undead.

Also loud sounds should frighten animals the same way they attract undead.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 04, 2011, 10:34:40 am »

So you could see a zombie there only when you make a huge amount of noise.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 04, 2011, 10:37:43 am »

Why did you even compile yourself? i guess its fun

and noticed the guide is out of date
I wanted to change around a few things, like taking out boomer zombies and such. Can't do that if it's already compiled.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 04, 2011, 10:39:46 am »

What about allergy for wasp/bee venom? :P
I'd like to see a craftable anti-rain device. Like a rain cloak made of plastic bags.

boomer zombies
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:41:36 am by Kicior »
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 777