Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260322 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #2490 on: July 21, 2011, 10:23:25 pm »

Also, I just had an idea: What if there was a kind of zombie that had bionics? Or maybe even the kind of mutations you can get?

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: July 21, 2011, 10:29:55 pm »

Also, I just had an idea: What if there was a kind of zombie that had bionics? Or maybe even the kind of mutations you can get?

Heh!  I like it.  Randomly-mutated zombies or bionic-using zombies sounds like fun.  It'd require a bunch of code (can't just reuse existing player-centric mutation/bionic code), but would be worth it.  TODO'd
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: July 21, 2011, 10:33:13 pm »

WOOHOO! CYBORG ZOMBIES!
ohshitohshitohshit

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: July 21, 2011, 10:34:51 pm »

WHAT?! SOMEONE ON BAY12 WHO ISN'T A PYRO?!
MADNESS!

Does it make it any better if I just prefer to set fire to things that can move?  :P

Also, mutiezombies = Super Mutants/ghouls?  And then I guess bionic zombies would be... well, robozombies I guess.  Or cyberzombies?

Maybe the muties could form communities, too?  Suddenly cavern/sewer village would be awesome.  And then, they could either think of themselves as "the next step in human evolution", or they could not be crazy.  That's always a fun angle right?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: July 21, 2011, 10:35:11 pm »

Oh great its like that ONE black zombie who learned to cross the river by walking across the bottom and ushered in the fall of that one big human city in that one zombie movie who's name totally fucking escapes me right now.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: July 21, 2011, 10:37:57 pm »

Hm... That seems like a Fallout Roguelike... I LIKE IT!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: July 21, 2011, 10:38:03 pm »

WHAT?! SOMEONE ON BAY12 WHO ISN'T A PYRO?!
MADNESS!

Does it make it any better if I just prefer to set fire to things that can move?  :P

Also, mutiezombies = Super Mutants/ghouls?  And then I guess bionic zombies would be... well, robozombies I guess.  Or cyberzombies?

Maybe the muties could form communities, too?  Suddenly cavern/sewer village would be awesome.

It'd be cool if certain types would spawn from military installations/labs/slime pools/etc and it'd require a lot of skill and solving some puzzle/building a tool/ bombing/ dismantling some sort of device or burning a hive or some such way to eliminate that spawning point. That'll work well with having mutant communities and such.

Hell, it'd be fucking epic if we could have humans eventually become infected, like syndromes in DF, and turn into zombies/mutants/whatever, or like someone suggested, have the SPORE effect but with some hardcore monstrocity being born and clawing their way out of the human's flesh. ;)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: July 21, 2011, 10:38:40 pm »

Triffid is addictive? My god, that's great. I hope its a particularly serious one, heheheh.

And I second shutters, clearing glass (and rebuilding doors, too!) Even if shutters are less effective than properly reinforced windows.

At the very least we should be able to use the hammer to take barricades back down.
It has vomiting :3
I got killed by a dude who presumably has three balls.
Were you playing Borderlands?

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: July 21, 2011, 10:40:02 pm »

I think it would be cool to have zombie animals. If a human can become a zombie animals can too right?

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: July 21, 2011, 10:41:39 pm »

It said I was addicted to opiate, I have no idea what that means
I got killed by a dude who presumably has three balls.
Were you playing Borderlands?

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: July 21, 2011, 10:41:57 pm »

Also,

playing as zombies. BRAAAIIIINNSSS.....

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: July 21, 2011, 10:45:33 pm »

Triffids are not addictive, if you became addicted to triffids it's probably a "didn't make clean" bug.
Yep, just tried and Triffid is not addictive! You need to fix this glaring bug right away, sir!

And Gamerlord, I was under the impression the shocker zombies at least WERE bionics zombies - though a larger number roaming around, especially in labs and high security places, would be right goddamned cool.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: July 21, 2011, 10:47:42 pm »

Since people are throwing zombie ideas around, I guess I'll throw my idea into the ring.

You know whats more fun then stepping on a landmine? Falling into a trapdoor spider's pit. A giant trapdoor spider's pit. It would hide in a mound of dirt, and when you approach go all "RAWR" and try to eat you. Maybe additionally have some sort of webbing ability that turns ground tiles into "web", which would slow you down like slime. Could also have a poisonous bite, for more funz. Maybe it could be paralysis poison instead, which slows you down even more? Seriously, you shouldn't have gone near that mound of dirt. Nothing good ever comes of approaching suspicious mounds of dirt.  :P
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: July 21, 2011, 10:49:30 pm »

I like the evolution idea. In my own personal scifi story, Humanity discovered alien remains and splices the DNA into humans, creating super-intelligent, ultra-powerful soldiers and geniuses. They got bored of being ordered around by a weaker race, began taking over, the creator of the gene treatment forgot to mention he purposely left out a part of the treatment specifically for when this happened, though it turns out the gene he left out was a stabilizer gene that bound their spiced DNA together, making it so that they'd descend into beastly madness rather than degenerate back into humans, as the spliced alien DNA is dominant over human DNA, and self-replicating.

Worst comes to worst and its the Cold War all over again, then the nukes fly. World's destroyed, but humanity survives. Mutated fuckers do too, but they've been reduced to semi-vampyric monstrocities who, upon trying to complete gene treatment, were hit with all sorts of NEW, !!FUN!! genetic mutations. Cue the Resident Evil-style horrific mutations of random types, extra body parts, and odd physical deformities galore.

Humanity bands together, forms clans, gangs, factions, and then the mutated show up and fuck everything up. It gets really fun and weird when the alien-spliced humans accidentally bring the REAL aliens back, who then proceed to enslave a whole shitload of the remaining humans for labor and mobile food dispensers while treating the half-bloods like their utter bitches.

Commence the resistance dedicated to destroying the alien scourge, Ach'riminos which means 'The Suffered Ones/They who have suffered' in my language. There's a whole complex story on how the original species split into many races and factions, all of which dominated different worlds, like the 'gods'/lords of Stargate. Earth was the most coveted of those worlds, due to its WATER, resources and MASSIVE amount of free slave labor, and there was a huge war over who got to dominate Earth. Eventually a rogue faction called the Ach'riminos decided to sever all links to the slave-planets by destroying the technology used to travel there, leaving the few Ach'remoc stuck on Earth to die off after being revered as gods, or feared and hunted as monsters of the night, while Humanity flourished with their new found freedom - of course, thanks to the progress their masters brought into our world.

Etc etc etc.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:51:07 pm by Ehndras »

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: July 21, 2011, 10:52:33 pm »

I like orb's idea. Maybe their could be an arachnophobia trait that gives a severe morale penalty if you see one.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 777