Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263316 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #2940 on: July 24, 2011, 11:18:04 pm »

After boosting my speed with all the perk and multiple drugs and still having to run a long way into the wilderness just to escape the random hordes of normal zombies that come from all sides, then coming back to find they spawn where they walked, I've given up and will wait until this game gets updated a bit more.  :-\

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: July 24, 2011, 11:22:48 pm »

How do I get things from shelves? I know you have to stand over something with g or , but Im not sure how to pick up things frm shelves

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: July 24, 2011, 11:23:10 pm »

'e' + the direction it's in.

It says that in the tutorial, doesn't it?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: July 24, 2011, 11:26:25 pm »

Theres a tutorial? I dont have one

Sir Moops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: July 24, 2011, 11:27:27 pm »

Check again. It's right under the loading tab.

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: July 24, 2011, 11:29:04 pm »

When I try to load my character, the game exits itself without any message. Any idea why?
Is anyone going to help me with my problem?
I got killed by a dude who presumably has three balls.
Were you playing Borderlands?

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: July 24, 2011, 11:31:24 pm »

Yeah, I dont have one.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: July 24, 2011, 11:32:16 pm »

Yeah, I dont have one.

You should. It's in the main menu

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: July 24, 2011, 11:34:35 pm »

Yeah, I dont have one.

I dont, like I said. :|

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: July 24, 2011, 11:37:11 pm »

When I try to load my character, the game exits itself without any message. Any idea why?
Is anyone going to help me with my problem?

Find out if a clean version of the game runs fine and loads saves, if yes then that particular save is corrupted for whatever reason. Also try copying the save dir into a the clean copy just to make sure that installation runs fine.

corrupted save - likely
corrupted installation - unlikely

Yeah, I dont have one.

I dont, like I said. :|

You have an old version, I see no other explanation.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: July 24, 2011, 11:48:03 pm »

Quote from: Micro102
After boosting my speed with all the perk and multiple drugs and still having to run a long way into the wilderness just to escape the random hordes of normal zombies that come from all sides, then coming back to find they spawn where they walked, I've given up and will wait until this game gets updated a bit more.

The problem sounds like you are trying to run straight away. Even with speed boosts that's just silly. Run smarter, not harder, man.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: July 25, 2011, 12:23:41 am »

After boosting my speed with all the perk and multiple drugs and still having to run a long way into the wilderness just to escape the random hordes of normal zombies that come from all sides, then coming back to find they spawn where they walked, I've given up and will wait until this game gets updated a bit more.

The problem sounds like you are trying to run straight away. Even with speed boosts that's just silly. Run smarter, not harder, man.

I'd love to but Zombies always seem to spawn down the corridors I try to run through. Run through a house while closing doors? All doors get punched down in 2 turns effectively screwing me over as I was wasting time closing doors while things were coming from all directions.

Maybe if zombies spawned and moved at a much larger distance, you couldn't and might not ever see them, but it would hamper the randomness of the spawning.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2952 on: July 25, 2011, 12:43:27 am »

I'd love to but Zombies always seem to spawn down the corridors I try to run through. Run through a house while closing doors? All doors get punched down in 2 turns effectively screwing me over as I was wasting time closing doors while things were coming from all directions.

Maybe if zombies spawned and moved at a much larger distance, you couldn't and might not ever see them, but it would hamper the randomness of the spawning.
I like the idea, mainly because it frustrates me to walk out of a store across the street, and then return to zombies inside, no smashed windows or knocked down doors. Possibly extend the spawn distance to the outer edge of the minimap, having the zombies move through the area at random, not spotting you until they get close enough.

Dr. Wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • FrogFrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: July 25, 2011, 12:45:11 am »

Ah well, looks like I'm going to have to make a new character. The game was getting easy anyway
I got killed by a dude who presumably has three balls.
Were you playing Borderlands?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: July 25, 2011, 01:12:46 am »

I like the idea, mainly because it frustrates me to walk out of a store across the street, and then return to zombies inside, no smashed windows or knocked down doors. Possibly extend the spawn distance to the outer edge of the minimap, having the zombies move through the area at random, not spotting you until they get close enough.
That would be the best idea, it would fix zombies spawning inside of safehouses. But I didn't check the spawning code yet, and I guess it's not too easy to fix, otherwise Whales would do it already.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 777