Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263117 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3105 on: July 26, 2011, 02:19:37 am »

Someone tell me what to do with this goo..... Or I'm drinking it...

Is toilet water safe to drink?
The goo gives you
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No, toilet water will fuck you up with pain, I think.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: July 26, 2011, 02:32:06 am »

Well I figured out how to survive.  Find a shovel. And then dig pits in 1 turn to halt any zombie advance. :)  I only wish hardware stores had them more often.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: July 26, 2011, 02:50:25 am »

My guys drink toilet water all the time, but yeah the water does seem to stagnate pretty soon after worldgen.  Still, it can't kill you outright and slates your thirst, the negatives wear off before getting thirsty again. (at least I haven't been killed outright, and rarely care about another source of it.)  You can also bottle up the toilet water too as long as you can deal with the (imho) small negatives.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: July 26, 2011, 03:32:12 am »

So, uh, I found this place outside a city surrounded by "city gates" which are really nothing, and the inside is absolutely full of "town halls" which is nothing but an entire grid space full of rubble. There's a few storage rooms or some shit and a radio tower, which doesn't actually exist, and the markets and stuff are also rubble except for a few. The entire place is full of "owned" stuff, what is it?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: July 26, 2011, 03:34:24 am »

So, uh, I found this place outside a city surrounded by "city gates" which are really nothing, and the inside is absolutely full of "town halls" which is nothing but an entire grid space full of rubble. There's a few storage rooms or some shit and a radio tower, which doesn't actually exist, and the markets and stuff are also rubble except for a few. The entire place is full of "owned" stuff, what is it?
It's a survivor settlement. Since there are no survivors in the game at this time, it's pretty much a super safehouse.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: July 26, 2011, 03:36:33 am »

Except it's not suppose to be filled with rubble.  ???

If there is no reliable source of water, then for the next update, I suggest a water collector that can collect rain water, or maybe even just keeping a bucket or pot outside. And if acid rain appears, the water is ruined.

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: July 26, 2011, 03:42:44 am »

Water purifiers will rarely spawn inside sporting goods stores, or can be crafted with modest electronics and mechanics skills.  They use a single battery charge to turn foul toilet water into perfect clean water.   Also, collecting water from rivers will randomly pick between tainted water and pure water.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: July 26, 2011, 03:45:46 am »

It's a survivor settlement. Since there are no survivors in the game at this time, it's pretty much a super safehouse.
So, who made it?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: July 26, 2011, 03:47:05 am »

So, who made it?
The game did  :P

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: July 26, 2011, 03:49:22 am »

So, who made it?
The game did  :P
Pretty cool, doesn't explain the random floating portcullis x20 and the town full of rubble, though.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: July 26, 2011, 06:18:18 am »

If you're going to nerf revolvers by making them reload a single bullet at a time, why not make them more moddable? Say, a swappable chamber that lets you hold more total bullets, but reduces the caliber. I'm not sure how realistic or viable it would be, but having swappable chambers would make ammo less of an issue. Maybe add a few external mods such as a "sniping stock" or reinforced parts which eases the strain on the gun when fanning, thus adding a small amount of burst capability. Although fanning the hammer wouldn't be very accurate I suppose.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:22:18 am by Blaze »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3116 on: July 26, 2011, 06:23:38 am »

If you're going to nerf revolvers by making them reload a single bullet at a time, why not make them more moddable? Say, a swappable chamber that lets you hold more total bullets, but reduces the caliber. I'm not sure how realistic or viable it would be, but having swappable chambers would make ammo less of an issue. Maybe add a few external mods such as a larger grip or reinforced parts which eases the strain on the gun when fanning, thus adding a small amount of burst capability. Although fanning the hammer wouldn't be very accurate I suppose.
Actually, I don't think 1 bullet a time would be much of a nerf, compared to how long it takes to load up a single bullet vs how long it takes to load a clip, it makes it actually possible to shoot off several shots and continue doing so, even with a crowd hot on your tail.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: July 26, 2011, 06:25:51 am »

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Though I'd say reloading via magazine would be much faster than opening the chamber and putting a single bullet in, closing the chamber, then preparing to fire. Then again, I'm no gun expert.

Edit: Wait, you mean we reload the clip itself instead of the gun? Now I see where you're going...

If that's the case, then I'd like to suggest being able to eject magazines from other guns, then have the ability to load them manually. Giving you the ability to swap magazines very quickly.

Edit2: Maybe that would allow the extended/double clip to be modded into magazines instead of the gun itself, in exchange, you could have a mod(s) that'll allow a gun to use other "similar" magazines.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:41:59 am by Blaze »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: July 26, 2011, 07:11:41 am »

Okay guys. Cib noticed a small thing that might have been causeing most of the @ crashes etc

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3676056/Cataclysm_1.9.1_EXPERIMENTAL.rar

Like help to test it out. ( This is a non-sdl version)

Use in a new folder.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: July 26, 2011, 07:31:45 am »

Deon's little mod V8.

- 13 new food items, including ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, weird fruit, raw potato, baked potato, scrambled egg, bread, fruit pie, pizza, dinner, broth, soup).
- New cooking recipes, which make cooking become a more useful skill, especially because now flour, sugar and salt take place of some previously edible food.
- New recipe for a superglue (weird fruit + ammonia, requires no skill and 1 unit of hotplate).
- Tweaks to cooking times.
- New gun mods (a scope for rifles and L.A.M. for everything, to increase accuracy).
- Army helmet is renamed to combat helmet and gets protective glasses (environment protection).
- Sledgehammers appear in more places.
- Zombies do significally more melee damage.
- New blind zombie (zombie banshee).
- Season changed to summer, less painful acid rain.

A bit of setback since some of the "changes" are in the game yet (yay!). But close to the original, and with more cooking!

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4b6jjga7679akku
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 777