Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260373 times)

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3345 on: July 27, 2011, 11:01:53 am »

I just met my first NPC's. There were two of them, I tried trading but they didn't have anything I wanted. Then as I was about to leave, their brains exploded.

What the hell?!
I saw them only once in a house. I was getting some supplies and when I got something to carry with me she told me to stop and asked me to drop my weapon. I did and she carried on without doing anything. I probably stole something of hers without knowing.

NPCs are badly glitched. They spawn the first time you start, but you can save and quit, then reload and they'll disappear.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: July 27, 2011, 11:08:40 am »

I wonder how much NPCs will affect the gameplay when the game gets improved. I really want to build my own safehouse with some people and protect it from zombies :D

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: July 27, 2011, 11:13:35 am »

@Whales
Hm, can you make a little setting to autodrop empty bottles or cans? Whenever you need them you just pick them up, otherwise they are cumbersome to clean up.

Also, can you echo items you pick up from shelves or fridges? It'd be useful to know the inventory slot of something you just picked up and want to use/wear/etc.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:19:44 am by DalGren »
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: July 27, 2011, 11:50:25 am »

@functionzero: How do you get those marker like lines? Any special programs, or what? I just use gimp for stuff, normally. @everybody else: I forgot to mention, I sometimes do stuff in Blender. I am getting rather good at using it, and know how to do mapping, lighting, camera work and all that jazz, but I often have trouble with the modeling. I might work something out there, too. I love working with blender, but it can be frustrating at times.

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: July 27, 2011, 01:57:16 pm »

YES! two good implants!

a recycler unit and enhanced hearing ^.^

he died.
this time I have an expanded digestion system AND a recycler unit ^.^

Alas, I guess hearing a lot didn't help the poor guy. I am curious, how did he (she?) die?
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: July 27, 2011, 02:13:34 pm »

Yes, I finally have a stable character. Got a boarded up safehouse in a pharmacy, surrounded by pits and dirt piles. However, a lightning strike took out part of the wall, hrmm... I have learned something like 7 skills, though.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: July 27, 2011, 02:17:50 pm »

Tossing mini-nukes around like confetti and leveling the town is fun.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: July 27, 2011, 02:20:44 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure how much I like lightning, since ALL modern buildings are specifically constructed to be grounded. Although, a rarer weather event, like acid rain for normal rain, in which it's a super charged lightning storm. Perhaps a short lived Fire Storm.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: July 27, 2011, 02:22:35 pm »

I've never been near a lightning strike before.

Also, cars you can hotwire in the parking lots would be awesome, assuming they could be refueled.

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: July 27, 2011, 02:56:10 pm »

I've never been near a lightning strike before.

Also, cars you can hotwire in the parking lots would be awesome, assuming they could be refueled.

Bio-diesel?
1: Kill zombies
2: Melt the fat of the zombies(or whatever you do with it. Works with pigs too.)
3: ?
4: Profit!

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: July 27, 2011, 02:59:29 pm »

Bio-diesel?
1: Kill zombies
2: Melt the fat of the zombies(or whatever you do with it. Works with pigs too.)
3: ?
4: Profit!

I'm already eating zombies, and keeping close to the lake, to never have to raid fridges again :P
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: July 27, 2011, 03:02:26 pm »

What will you do when acid rains come?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: July 27, 2011, 03:05:44 pm »

@functionzero: How do you get those marker like lines? Any special programs, or what? I just use gimp for stuff, normally.
Just came back from some errands, so late response. I only noticed this question, if there were any other posts for me, please ask again :P.

I use Paint Tool SAI. It's a painter made specifically for tablets. (Works just fine with mouses too, just has tons of stuff meant for tablets.)

You mean the shapes? A bit of fiddling with pressure settings, but mostly setting the stabiliser to the maximum. It really changes the way you draw.
(It also only affects the tablets, there's no difference if you use mouse with it.)

Here's the difference below, in the spoiler. I tried to make the exact same movement, with the same pressure on both. One is S-7 (max), other is 0 (no stabiliser).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: July 27, 2011, 03:11:11 pm »

What will you do when acid rains come?

..DAMN!  :o
(aye, that's the one point where i have no choice.. On the bright side zombaiii get hurt by it too)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: July 27, 2011, 03:41:10 pm »

From here on out, I say we refer to "zombies" as "zombaii" It sounds much cooler : P
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 777