Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263349 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3765 on: July 30, 2011, 12:30:53 pm »

Yay, more crappy fan art from me!
-snip-
No fan fiction yet, I have the ideas but I need to stop being so damn lazy and write it :P
Dat feel when everyone can do better stickman art than you. :(

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: July 30, 2011, 12:35:11 pm »

I have problems keeping my encumbrance low enough so that I can speed-strike or somesuch. I usually wear two backpacks, some safety glasses, and maybe one or two more random pieces of gear. Any tips?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: July 30, 2011, 12:36:40 pm »

I have problems keeping my encumbrance low enough so that I can speed-strike or somesuch. I usually wear two backpacks, some safety glasses, and maybe one or two more random pieces of gear. Any tips?
Wear less backpacks?

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: July 30, 2011, 12:39:35 pm »

Have you tried strapping rocks to your arms, legs, and face?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: July 30, 2011, 12:40:46 pm »

Seriously, you only ever need 1 backpack, especially if you swap out your other clothes and take cargo pants and utility vests.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: July 30, 2011, 12:41:31 pm »

Drop the extra backpack. You don't need it.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: July 30, 2011, 12:43:12 pm »

Even with one back pack, the item limit usually doesnt let me carry all that I can.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3772 on: July 30, 2011, 12:45:05 pm »

Two backpacks? I usually stick to one backpack, a cargo pants, some sneakers, a motorcycle helmet and some safety goggles. oh, and a pair of fingerless gloves. this gives me acceptable protection without too much encumbrance. I'd wear a shirt, but the backpack is two encumbrance and I don't want any more.

In that line of thought, maybe the backpack should be moved from the "torso" encumbrance slot to a "back" encumbrance slot?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: July 30, 2011, 12:45:58 pm »

Function, I honestly think that your style of stick art is better than mine, it seems pretty unique, wheras mine is common place. (but then, most styles are unique in at least one way :P )

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: July 30, 2011, 12:48:43 pm »

Function, I honestly think that your style of stick art is better than mine, it seems pretty unique, wheras mine is common place. (but then, most styles are unique in at least one way :P )
At least you can do poses properly. I've never had that feel for poses.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: July 30, 2011, 12:53:35 pm »

I usually wear an armored utility west and an armored priest robe. That's enough space for ammo, backup weapon, some meds and food.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: July 30, 2011, 01:02:04 pm »

If I'm doing a supply run to a place I know will have a ton of junk, I'll wear two backpacks. Usually I don't even wear one though. A utility vest, some army pants, and an army helmet are more than enough.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: July 30, 2011, 01:11:57 pm »

Or priest robes :P (or a jumpsuit in vanilla).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: July 30, 2011, 01:14:43 pm »

I know it's sort of beaten into the ground by now, but I've never even thought to wear two backpacks. I've also never been able to part with one backpack! I'm pretty bad when it comes to traveling light. Gotta have my 4 spears, my shotgun, my set of batteries, ammunition, steak knife, flashlight, nailboard, maybe a grenade and pheromone, "what if" knick-knacks, etc. When I leave my safe house I'll usually be at around 50/96 volume. And when I return I'll usually be completely full of crap to dump in my towering piles. I'm terrible at resisting pack-rat urges..

But torso encumbrance is something I always try to keep below 4. All of my crap is useless to me if I'm being eaten alive.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: July 30, 2011, 01:23:57 pm »

The first thing I do when I start playing is find a backpack. IMO backpacks are the most useful item in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 777