Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263084 times)

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #3900 on: July 31, 2011, 10:35:39 am »

New update...

Has the online server been updated to this version? :)

Also, as this is the first time I've posted in this thread (despite having followed it for some time), thank you very for creating, modding, and porting such an awesome game :)

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: July 31, 2011, 11:35:14 am »

A little suggestion.
How about a cyborg zombie? It makes sense in the context of the world, and can be fun to see.
Instead of replicating existing enhancements, they can be made unique in that they cannot be killed unless using something like an explosion or a critical hit. They will self-repair after 20-100 turns and attack again. The effects of butchering them are up to your imagination, Whales :P It might require computer skills to disable them (reprogram them to aid you at high levels?)
For reference, imagine something like the blood skeletons in mostly any Castlevania game.
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: July 31, 2011, 12:00:48 pm »

Okay, once the windows version appears, I will add back variety of "parks" in form of playgrounds and basketball courts :P. Thanks for leaving something for my mod.

And of course I will add fire stations, warehouses and motels.

Quote from: Whales
Rain reduces your scent trail.

YAY! Awesome update!

I should be clear, playgrounds and basketball courts both still generate, but they are both marked on the map as as "park."
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: July 31, 2011, 01:02:10 pm »

A little suggestion.
How about a cyborg zombie? It makes sense in the context of the world, and can be fun to see.
Instead of replicating existing enhancements, they can be made unique in that they cannot be killed unless using something like an explosion or a critical hit. They will self-repair after 20-100 turns and attack again. The effects of butchering them are up to your imagination, Whales :P It might require computer skills to disable them (reprogram them to aid you at high levels?)
For reference, imagine something like the blood skeletons in mostly any Castlevania game.

I think Whales is trying to balance difficulty and fun with the emphasis on fun. That right there, sir, would not be fun. Not even a little bit.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: July 31, 2011, 01:13:44 pm »

A little suggestion.

I think Whales is trying to balance difficulty and fun with the emphasis on fun. That right there, sir, would not be fun. Not even a little bit.

I always imagined Shocker Zombies to be most likely massively bioniced and to channel the electricity through them.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: July 31, 2011, 01:17:21 pm »

About the basketball courts, they should have a basketball you can thow at the hoops to gain morale from playing sports(and maybe train throwing a bit?).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: July 31, 2011, 01:22:37 pm »

About the basketball courts, they should have a basketball you can throw at the hoops to gain morale from playing sports(and maybe train throwing a bit?).

Space Station 13 flashbacks. Oh god the bball haters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: July 31, 2011, 01:35:30 pm »

THE BBALL HATERS! But poor cluwne hero :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: July 31, 2011, 01:47:46 pm »

They gibbed him! WHY DID THEY GIB THE HERO!? He saved us all from the bball haters :'(

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: July 31, 2011, 02:05:41 pm »

Hmm, it looks like you have old bars and no churches... Is it from old version of my mod? Please include churches with wine, priest robes (stats like a jumpsuit), heavy crosses (melee) and Holy Bibles! :D Or no crosses/bibles if you don't want to be religion-specific (although it's New England, so...) but still some priest robes and religion symbols.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: July 31, 2011, 02:32:34 pm »

Is there a way to change the letter of an item? Like, to change a shovel set to M to s or something?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: July 31, 2011, 02:35:58 pm »

Hmm, it looks like you have old bars and no churches... Is it from old version of my mod? Please include churches with wine, priest robes (stats like a jumpsuit), heavy crosses (melee) and Holy Bibles! :D Or no crosses/bibles if you don't want to be religion-specific (although it's New England, so...) but still some priest robes and religion symbols.

I downloaded it from the Cataclysm Forum thread just the other day, I guess I just missed the church and new bars.  You're too damn fast! ;D  I'll update soon.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: July 31, 2011, 02:46:05 pm »

Is there a way to change the letter of an item? Like, to change a shovel set to M to s or something?

Barring dropping everything you're carrying and picking it all back up in the perfect order, not really.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: July 31, 2011, 02:58:45 pm »

Actually, Dropped items are picked up with the same letter as when you dropped them IIRC
*Hugs*

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: July 31, 2011, 03:36:28 pm »

Actually, Dropped items are picked up with the same letter as when you dropped them IIRC

This is correct.  If by the time you pick them up, you have filled the letter slot that they previously occupied, it'll be reassigned.

Update: I've added the ability to reassign inventory letters.  Hit = to do so.

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 777