Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263079 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4125 on: August 01, 2011, 06:23:06 pm »

Yeah, but the issue was that the only thing I was wearing was the pants and the bootstraps (and a pair of sneakers), so I'm pretty sure I know what the cause was.
The bootstrap indeed causes 2 encumberance.
The holster is a totally different item however
*Hugs*

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: August 01, 2011, 06:23:35 pm »

So I spawned in my house, walked to the refrigerator, and found books full of drinks.  After grabbing some, I went over to the burned-out missile, grabbed a coat, and then checked out the basement.  I went down the stairs and fell through the map.  I think this is not supposed to happen.  It seems like duplicate raw errors, but this game has no raws.  Any idea what's going on?

Edit: I used make instead of make clean. Could that have done it?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:25:34 pm by Draxis »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: August 01, 2011, 06:24:32 pm »

Were you using a save from an older version?
*Hugs*

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: August 01, 2011, 06:26:14 pm »

No, and it's done it with 3 charecters now.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: August 01, 2011, 06:27:06 pm »

All I can think of is to delete your save folder then, but make a copy of it for us first :P
*Hugs*

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: August 01, 2011, 06:27:52 pm »

I am considering limiting the player to one piece of clothing of any particular type.  This will mean no double-trenchcoating, which does seem a bit odd; it will also remove the "20 fanny packs + 20 holsters" exploit as a method of gaining huge amounts of storage space with no encumbrance.  Thoughts?
But it would make wearing a t-shirt and a light jacket over it impossible. Maybe, when you wear a clothing over a clothing, encumber value should be doubled? You can move freely with a trenchcoat but you can't with two trenchcoats.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Construction update? What is construction update. I don't want to search for it. SOMEONE TELL ME!!!

You misunderstand; I meant that the limit would be one item of any specific type.  So you can wear a t shirt, a light jacket, a kevlar vest and a backpack, just not two kevlar vests.  But yeah, now that I've thought about it that's a stupid idea and not the way to go.

Construction update is allowing the player to build walls, roofs (rooves?), windows, barricades, chop down trees, etc.

So I spawned in my house, walked to the refrigerator, and found books full of drinks.  After grabbing some, I went over to the burned-out missile, grabbed a coat, and then checked out the basement.  I went down the stairs and fell through the map.  I think this is not supposed to happen.  It seems like duplicate raw errors, but this game has no raws.  Any idea what's going on?

Edit: I used make instead of make clean. Could that have done it?

Yeah, any time data seems to be shuffled around--books where containers should be, swamps instead of houses, triffids living in ant hills--it's a dead giveaway that you should've done a "make clean".
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: August 01, 2011, 06:29:18 pm »

Thanks. 

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: August 01, 2011, 06:30:14 pm »

Oh. "construction" update.
Awesome! At last I can build a shelter out in the forest. It would be awesome if I could dig out a basement ;D

You misunderstand; I meant that the limit would be one item of any specific type.  So you can wear a t shirt, a light jacket, a kevlar vest and a backpack, just not two kevlar vests.  But yeah, now that I've thought about it that's a stupid idea and not the way to go.
Sorry about that. But why is that stupid? It's a good idea I think.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: August 01, 2011, 06:38:09 pm »

Awesome! At last I can build a shelter out in the forest. It would be awesome if I could dig out a basement ;D

Stacking t-shirts or sweatshirts is totally a reasonable thing to do for the winter which will eventually be a part of the game.  It's also rather arbitrary and a poor solution to the 20-fanny-pack problem.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: August 01, 2011, 06:41:44 pm »

Stacking t-shirts or sweatshirts is totally a reasonable thing to do for the winter which will eventually be a part of the game.  It's also rather arbitrary and a poor solution to the 20-fanny-pack problem.

Ah I see now. I don't see any other solution than adding a "belt" slot.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: August 01, 2011, 06:46:44 pm »

It would be awesome if I could dig out a basement ;D
That would probably be feasible once he rewrites the staircase code. As it is, it just fins the nearest one on the level below, so that can obviously cause some problems.

BoxMacLeod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: August 01, 2011, 06:50:02 pm »

Would it be overly difficult to simply put a limit on the number of 0 encumberance items you can wear? I mean, using a broad example here, WoW has unique-equipped items, meaning you can only have one of them at a time. Could you do something similar with those items?

I would love to see what other seasons have to offer. Winter would add all sorts of awesome new factors to survivability. Will there be an option to choose when you start a new character in the future? Could be fun tracking prints in the snow, battling the cold, and smashing frozen zombie with a sledgehammer.

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: August 01, 2011, 06:57:22 pm »

*snip* WoW has ... *snip*

Blasphemer, burn the heretic !

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: August 01, 2011, 07:06:32 pm »

Would it be overly difficult to simply put a limit on the number of 0 encumberance items you can wear? I mean, using a broad example here, WoW has unique-equipped items, meaning you can only have one of them at a time. Could you do something similar with those items?

I would love to see what other seasons have to offer. Winter would add all sorts of awesome new factors to survivability. Will there be an option to choose when you start a new character in the future? Could be fun tracking prints in the snow, battling the cold, and smashing frozen zombie with a sledgehammer.

Wouldn't be hard to add an "only one may be worn" flag to certain items, actually.  Damnit I keep forgetting that I have item flags now  >:(

Interesting idea, that option.  Winter will be much harder and I assumed that starting people in the Spring to give adequate prep time would be best, but some people do enjoy a challenge!

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 777