Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263411 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #5235 on: August 13, 2011, 11:25:21 pm »

Figured I would try out a build that doesnt have the quick trait for once, and keep coming close to death. But then I sleep it off with fast healer.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5236 on: August 13, 2011, 11:32:20 pm »

Has Cataclysm got tilesets, like with DF?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: August 13, 2011, 11:36:26 pm »

Has Cataclysm got tilesets, like with DF?

Deon is working on one. Check the fan forums in Whales sig for updates.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: August 14, 2011, 01:00:32 am »

So, my character seemed to acquire something while in a science lab which caused him to vomit up 'a thick grey goop' shortly before dieing suddenly. Is that teleport sickness, or something else I managed to pick up while eating mutant legs?

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: August 14, 2011, 03:10:21 am »

There should be a trait called "surgeon" that increases your chances of installing bionics. Or maybe "gifted hands". I must have went through some 6 or 7 modules without a single sucsess at 8 intelligence.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: August 14, 2011, 03:11:44 am »

Oh man, I honestly lol'd, especially at the book.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: August 14, 2011, 06:00:19 am »

I've noticed that the game includes both sewing kits and string, yet you can't reload one with the other.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: August 14, 2011, 06:16:04 am »

That string is more like a small rope, not very suitable for sewing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: August 14, 2011, 06:28:11 am »

In the Game Over screen you seem to get credit for everything that died in your vicinity, even if you had nothing to do with it dieing.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: August 14, 2011, 06:39:11 am »

Well, you don't actually sew with string.  I've heard dental floss can be used in an emergency, haven't actually tried it though.  And speaking of repairs/crafting - duct tape?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: August 14, 2011, 07:02:58 am »

Also, small bug that I consistantly forget to report: on heads compiled version, whenever you save and quit the kill count is reset. I remember kill tons of zombies, then I saved and quit and went to do something, came back and died after killing a couple of wolves, and only the wolves showed up in the kill count. A small matter, but a bug nonetheless. While I know nothing about C++ I'm betting that there is a simple integer holding fault somewhere, you may want to check it out.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: August 14, 2011, 07:16:24 am »

A small matter, but a bug nonetheless. While I know nothing about C++ I'm betting that there is a simple integer holding fault somewhere, you may want to check it out.
Or it just isn't saved and is gone forevar when purged from memory. Yeah, definately needs someone to look into it.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: August 14, 2011, 07:18:53 am »

Yeah, thats sort of what I meant.

Nab McNabbers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: August 14, 2011, 08:42:57 am »

In the Game Over screen you seem to get credit for everything that died in your vicinity, even if you had nothing to do with it dieing.

This reminds me about a bug! I killed a lot of zombies went underground into a lab, died there and only had like "killed: 2 zombie scientists", no other kills were counted. I guess the surface and the underground are two different worlds, or what?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #5249 on: August 14, 2011, 09:20:06 am »

There should be a trait called "surgeon" that increases your chances of installing bionics. Or maybe "gifted hands". I must have went through some 6 or 7 modules without a single sucsess at 8 intelligence.

Spoiler:  hilarious image (click to show/hide)

Haha, epic. Now every time I install a CBM in my character I'll think of that.

So, my character seemed to acquire something while in a science lab which caused him to vomit up 'a thick grey goop' shortly before dieing suddenly. Is that teleport sickness, or something else I managed to pick up while eating mutant legs?

Spoiler: Spoilery game info (click to show/hide)

Also, small bug that I consistantly forget to report: on heads compiled version, whenever you save and quit the kill count is reset. I remember kill tons of zombies, then I saved and quit and went to do something, came back and died after killing a couple of wolves, and only the wolves showed up in the kill count. A small matter, but a bug nonetheless. While I know nothing about C++ I'm betting that there is a simple integer holding fault somewhere, you may want to check it out.

That's on my version too. Is that not on Whale's main version too? I haven't checked.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:22:00 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 777