Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263285 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #5295 on: August 14, 2011, 07:39:25 pm »

Nope. I was actually grabbing a book to go topside and read, and it seemed like they were just crawling out of the walls.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: August 14, 2011, 07:42:24 pm »

I've had it as well. I was happily smacking zombies against their head while they tried to climb inside. After about 30 minutes, I was swarmed by Spitter Zombies, Bile Zombies, Fast Zombies and God knows what more lol

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: August 14, 2011, 07:43:43 pm »

Okay, so the spawner is bugging the fuck out. So far ive had 3 fast zombies, 10 to 15 zeds, a skellie, two wolves, two squirrels and a spitter spawn in my basement with in 15 game minutes. Then a hulk spawned in the middle of a solid chunk of rock, and busted a tunnel all of the way to the basement. What. The. Fuck.

Very weird, the game checks to see if the turn count is above a monster's difficulty rating before spawning that monster--hence even if you decrease the spawn counter by creating noise, extra-difficult monsters won't spawn.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: August 14, 2011, 07:46:53 pm »

I meant that they all spawned within the space of 15 gm. It was Day 4 in game, and I managed to shotgun them all. How do wolves even spawn in basements? I think that weve found cataclysms carp. Or maybe thats lightning.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: August 14, 2011, 07:48:57 pm »

I meant that they all spawned within the space of 15 gm. It was Day 4 in game, and I managed to shotgun them all. How do wolves even spawn in basements? I think that weve found cataclysms carp. Or maybe thats lightning.

RIght now the way monsters follow you down stairs is lazy and weak; basically, if they're within 5 (I think) tiles of you when you go down stairs, the monsters are teleported down with you.  This could be the case, here.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: August 14, 2011, 07:50:43 pm »

If I'm reading this right, it should be possible to clear out a town if you kill enough zombies?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: August 14, 2011, 07:52:18 pm »

If I'm reading this right, it should be possible to clear out a town if you kill enough zombies?
Yeah, critter poulations are limited.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: August 14, 2011, 07:55:28 pm »

But thats just it, I went down before the next spawn wave, and I think it happened in my basement.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: August 14, 2011, 08:08:10 pm »

Bloody hell, pack of 5 wolves in the middle of the town, at 9:15am day 1.  On to character 2 :p

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #5304 on: August 14, 2011, 08:12:07 pm »

I had that happen once before when leaving a lab a while back. I exited the lab and went toward town and halfway there had a zombie scientist and some manhacks spawn on me. Also had a bunch of triffids show up in the science lab after I went back down, the queen triffids turned all the walls into trees and underbrush and totally demolished the lab. Must be some kind of glitch causing the spawner not to clear when changing areas or something.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: August 14, 2011, 08:19:17 pm »

That sounds bout right. its damn annoying too when a hulk destroys you in your false illusion of safety. (A.K.A. The basement)

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: August 14, 2011, 08:31:13 pm »

That sounds bout right. its damn annoying too when a hulk destroys you in your false illusion of safety. (A.K.A. The basement)

This is why you ALWAYS sleep with a shotgun!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: August 14, 2011, 08:33:23 pm »

Whales, monsters occassionally spawn like mad in basements for some reason, from what I understand. People have brought it up a couple times that a basement will eventually turn into a deathtrap as it fills with all sorts of monsters (this isn't the first time I've heard of hulks coming through basement walls).

It's not monsters following people down, the monsters actually spawn down there. It's odd.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: August 14, 2011, 08:38:27 pm »

This is why you ALWAYS sleep with a shotgun!
I'm like a walking armory when I find a gun store, I always grab a handgun, rifle and a shotgun then load up on ammo. I never drop any of my guns. If something woke me up in the middle of the night they'd have a face full of buckshot.

Also, I missed like 20 shots with my AR-15 when I was shooting at a skeleton, those guys are impossible to hit.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: August 14, 2011, 08:42:53 pm »

Also, I missed like 20 shots with my AR-15 when I was shooting at a skeleton, those guys are impossible to hit.
Yeah, well, they're not supposed to be hit. Just whack them with a hammer, if you're a non-melee guy, you'll get hurt a bit, but at least you won't waste ammo.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 777