Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260324 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #8940 on: February 08, 2012, 12:48:31 pm »

Note, you don't run it by clicking on the executable, you have to run it from command line.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: February 08, 2012, 12:53:39 pm »

Note, you don't run it by clicking on the executable, you have to run it from command line.

It's Windows. Those accomplish the exact same thing.

Also, what's up with the font in that version (Shadowscales' link)? I didn't notice it being so screwed-up on the old Windows versions, and presumably it isn't in Linux either. Look at the tops of the 8s, Os, and Ds, for example. Something's just wrong there.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: February 08, 2012, 01:04:25 pm »

Looks fine to me, got a screenshot of what you mean?
*Hugs*

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: February 08, 2012, 01:50:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note the strange extra line thickness on the tops of many glyphs (or possibly all tall glyphs?), like "C", "f", "/", "O", "T", and "D". I have absolutely no idea what's going on there.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: February 08, 2012, 01:56:32 pm »

Wierd, comes up fine for me.

Don't see any mentions of it on the forums either.

Your best bet would probably be to ask Teseng about it, he hangs out in #CataclysmRL on Quakenet.
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: February 08, 2012, 04:10:49 pm »

Note the strange extra line thickness on the tops of many glyphs (or possibly all tall glyphs?), like "C", "f", "/", "O", "T", and "D". I have absolutely no idea what's going on there.
what locale or font are you using G-flex?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #8946 on: February 08, 2012, 08:49:36 pm »

I don't know how I didn't find this until now, but DAMN I've never had so much fun fighting for my life against the living dead!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: February 09, 2012, 02:28:27 am »

It's not like it's running inside an actual text console, so I have no idea what the font is and can't change it.

If anyone else here is running Windows XP, could they tell me if it works fine on theirs?

Also: Anything regionally-oriented in my instance of Windows is set to US English.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: February 09, 2012, 03:31:57 pm »

It's not like it's running inside an actual text console, so I have no idea what the font is and can't change it.

If anyone else here is running Windows XP, could they tell me if it works fine on theirs?

Also: Anything regionally-oriented in my instance of Windows is set to US English.
Well im just asking as i run on japanese locale and Cata utilizes that font style.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #8949 on: February 09, 2012, 03:41:17 pm »

It's coming out fine for me, too, but I'm on Windows 7. I actually wish I could make everything bigger... The window is really small compared to my screen.

On an unrelated note, after lots of experimenting, I've found that the Mood Swings "weakness" is awesome. Free, random XP from high moods. Throw in the Optimist trait and that counters most mid-to-low moods, while giving a constant XP gain no matter what. It's great if you don't (Or can't) drink or use drugs to get a high morale.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: February 11, 2012, 08:14:41 am »

It's coming out fine for me, too, but I'm on Windows 7. I actually wish I could make everything bigger... The window is really small compared to my screen. [snip]

Use the windows 7 'magnifier' or some 3rd party software like 'zoomit' to make the screen region the game occupies fullscreen, it's not rasterized font so it scales flawlessly.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:28:33 am by Mookzen »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8952 on: February 11, 2012, 03:30:26 pm »

So another video is up though not much happening in this one.

As for the talk about font size on windows I will point to the quote I use for my sig on the Cataclysm forums
It uses your terminal font, if you're on linux.  On Windows, it uses black Microsoft magic to decide the font, and as a white wizard I do not dabble in such things.  :P
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: February 11, 2012, 03:37:05 pm »

Because everything is the fault of Windows, all the time, even though in this case the program is using some bizarre curses implementation that doesn't even output to a text console at all. Right.

The Grinning Bandit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: February 11, 2012, 05:39:06 pm »

Just tried this game for the first time last night and haven't been able to stop playing since then. I'd been waiting for somebody to make a decent post-apocalyptic survival roguelike for so long, I'd nearly considered trying to make one myself for lack of any other option. This is good shit.
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 777