Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260263 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #9285 on: May 04, 2012, 05:31:18 pm »

You need a 3x3 space with nothing but dirt or grass in it to set up a tent.
And butchering corpses trains up survival, I'll be making other stuff train it in the very near future.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: May 04, 2012, 05:40:49 pm »

I know some mutations cancel each other but is there a limit to then number of mutations you can get? I use The Darkling Wolf's mod, if that changes anything.

BTW, it's one hell of an awesome mod! Great job :D

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: May 04, 2012, 05:45:30 pm »

Hehe, thanks. But I need to give props to:
Shadowscales for his mutation stuff and many tweaks he's provided.
TheOtherHiveKing for his workshop mod which I merged in, synergized very well with my new smithing stuff.
Creidieki for many, many fixes and the new Journey to the East gamemode.
Gremour for his absolutely fantastic vehicle mod (Soon to be merged into the base game :D )

And finally, you lot, for providing me with many ideas, and being the reason I'm actually making this thing in the first place :P

As for your question, there's no hard limit to mutations that I know of.

My cabbages!

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: May 05, 2012, 02:16:26 am »

Exactly, and more are coming, Darkling Wolf didn't think that activatable mutations that work similiar to bionics were a good idea.

I'm going to start adding more again, so if anyone has any suggestions please ask.
Note:
Unless they're pretty damn cool or lead up to a functional one, no purely aesthetic mutations.
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: May 05, 2012, 06:58:13 am »

It's just, I get the "feeling strange" effect rather than a mutation when I drink mutagens.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: May 05, 2012, 11:24:34 am »

Yes, just give it time. That is the new method. I prefer Drinking mutagens before bed for that reason.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: May 05, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »

Exactly, and more are coming, Darkling Wolf didn't think that activatable mutations that work similiar to bionics were a good idea.

I'm going to start adding more again, so if anyone has any suggestions please ask.
Note:
Unless they're pretty damn cool or lead up to a functional one, no purely aesthetic mutations.

Bloodlust:

An unsatiable lust for blood, you will slowly loose morale for each <insert time measure> without any fighting, fighting and horribly mutilating things will give you massive morale boosts but have a serious impact upon your intelligence. If you do not appease your bloodlust, you will eventually turn into an unpredictable imbecile that will randomly attack peacful creatures and NPC's.

Cthulhloid:

Your skin turns green and you start to grow facial tentacles and larger pupils(and eventually overgrown eyeballs), you scare off even the toughest NPC and you start to feed on human minds instead of normal food. Eventually you will be able to call upon other starspawn for assistance.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: May 05, 2012, 03:52:51 pm »

It's a rag soaked in petrol and set on fire, it's not made to last long enough to read.
My cabbages!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: May 05, 2012, 04:24:25 pm »

Hehe, I spend far more time modding it than actually playing it now :P

And I'll look at torch times whenever I get my new charger, I didn't play too extensively with them, so I'm willing to make them last longer if people think they need to be.
My cabbages!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: May 07, 2012, 09:46:57 am »

Is there a fix for the menus not using numpad anymore? Specifically with using the Myriad Mod.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: May 07, 2012, 10:04:53 am »

Yea, check the bugs section of the official forums, someone posted a quick fix for it until whales releases the next version.

Also, is it possible to actualy build vehicles, or does everyone just mod the ones they find? I barely ever find one on parking lots, supposedly then next version of the vehicle mod will include crashed ones you can repair. I see people talking about building frames and such, so could anyone give me a hint on how muuch mechanical skill and what materials I'd need? If its possible that is.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: May 07, 2012, 10:34:01 am »

I just freshly compiled Myriad with the numpad fixes found in the bug thread, and I still can't use the numpad in menus. Lolwut.

This is the file I downloaded and replaced before compiling: http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php?topic=1175.msg19829#msg19829

Edit: Just ran a compare between the Myriad file and the 'fixed' file, and they are identical. Sooooo...

Numlock 'on' is required out of menus, Numlock 'off' is required IN menus. Not a great fix, IMHO, but it'll do.

My character appears to be able to see through walls. I find this a bit odd. Can't see creatures though, just objects and room layout. Even in unexplored areas. This seems to be a bug with Myriad, as I just compiled the latest vanilla source exactly the same way as before and it looks normal there.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:11:54 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: May 07, 2012, 11:21:39 am »

Huh, seeing through walls isn't happening in my copy. Try grabbing the latest source off git, I just pushed an update.
My cabbages!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: May 07, 2012, 11:38:24 am »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: May 07, 2012, 11:46:43 am »

Wierd.. I'll do a Windows build myself and see if I get the same issues.
My cabbages!

Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 777