Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263262 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #9585 on: June 04, 2012, 08:56:25 pm »

Took an elevator down into a mine for a steel-gathering trip, and now I can't find the way out. D:

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9586 on: June 04, 2012, 09:00:25 pm »

I always put the torches on the right side of the shaft so that -

Wait, sorry. This isn't Minecraft.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: June 04, 2012, 09:05:21 pm »

Hardy har.  :P

Thankfully, I've got some of the food bionics and a set of light-amp goggles, so I can survive for a decent length of time, but it'll be futile. I managed to tunnel into another chamber and run through some gas to get to the next level down, but couldn't find anything more than some extra water down there. With the CBMs, I probably have enough food for two weeks, water for four days, and around 1550 battery power. Damn, I don't want to go in a lame way like this.

3. Run Resize Enable

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9588 on: June 04, 2012, 09:06:54 pm »

Is there no indication of an exit on the Map? Usually the game automatically places a note on the places you can go up or down.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: June 04, 2012, 09:09:35 pm »

Not at all, otherwise I would have been out of there. For some reason, the other underground exits aren't showing on the map either. I suspect that after the elevator dropped me off, it went back up, leaving me no way out. I found a corpse with a rope on the spot where I'm nearly certain it dropped me off.

However, using the map reveal option in the debug menu revealed some lab undergrounds, so I'm going to teleport there and hope I don't run into a bunch of secubots while lugging around a metric fuckton of steel scrap.

3. Run Resize Enable

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9590 on: June 04, 2012, 09:16:42 pm »

Good luck!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: June 04, 2012, 09:34:21 pm »

Once again, all praises to the Savage 111F. It is a thing of beauty, especially once you've got the right set of mods on it and are chambering it with 7.62x51mm-I rounds; 12 AP bonus is nothing to fool around with, and the sheer damage tends to leave little red smears when I engage squishy targets. Made it to the top level with a little bonus set of EW and fusion ammo, plus another handful of CBMs. Had to use my last C4 to pop the exit.

And then fungaloids, fungaloids everywhere. As above, Savage solves everything, and I thankfully was still wearing my gas mask and filter from my aborted mining trip. Made the trek back to base through the wilderness with Packmule-capacity double backpacks full of loot without running into anything too serious as well.

Looking at my encumberment, it's a lucky thing that this isn't a melee character: I've got a total of 31 encumberment on my head, eyes, mouth, and torso. I guess stacking a ballcap, filter mask, gas mask, light-amp goggles, and army helmet all at the same time might have something to do with that.

A little snapshot of the exterior of my hideaway and the front ~quarter of my mobile fortress bus/work in progress.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: June 04, 2012, 09:38:02 pm »

Dayum, that vehicle is going to be a monster. I tried building a chop shop in my base and was going to build upon a truck's frame but the truck makes a fuckload of noise when I go to the nearby town and I end up in some kind of Resident Evil shit storming through a town going 70 with a billion zombies behind me and lightning in the distance. Do fuel tanks keep their contents if they're removed from a vehicle's frame? If they do then I'll just build a new vehicle using the engine from a car I used to escape another town and the parts from both of my vehicles.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: June 04, 2012, 09:41:43 pm »

I'm tempted to experiment with this and see if I can get away with solar-only, if I make the rear 1/4 or so a solid sheet of solar panels inside a layer of armor.

Unre: Nothing is as satisfying as running into a zombie while in a truck going 50mph. Except for doing it at 60mph.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: June 04, 2012, 09:46:08 pm »

You can only make that death machine complete if you add gratuitous amounts of turrets. Bonus if you kill the zombies with fire/plasma.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: June 04, 2012, 09:48:30 pm »

I forget, can you deploy autoturrets on vehicles? Because I've got 15 of the buggers sitting around gathering dust.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: June 04, 2012, 09:57:02 pm »

I forget, can you deploy autoturrets on vehicles? Because I've got 15 of the buggers sitting around gathering dust.
Nope. If you place it on a vehicle's tile you'll probably just run it over and destroy it. You need to mount the bare weapon on the vehicle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: June 04, 2012, 09:58:34 pm »

Eh. Time to find a bunch of flamethrowers and SAWs, then. Or maybe just more armor and spikes. Shame we can't add cherrypicker lifts to vehicles to act as sniper towers.

3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: June 04, 2012, 10:24:27 pm »

I made the mistake of taking off both of my truck's fuel tanks at the same time and replacing them, I exchanged the "frame" for a "board" for protection and it removed all the fuel.  I debugged in 1 unit of fuel, refilled, and headed to the gas station.

Currently, electric engines spawn in missile silos.  They're supposed to generate in electronics stores, along with solar panels, but the creator made them with group m_electronics instead of electronics, or some minor slip like that, so now they spawn in silos!  If they were in electronics stores, I'd be making electric bikes and whispering through the town!

Care to put up a markup of the type of vehicle you want to end up building?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: June 04, 2012, 11:01:54 pm »

I think the latest patch fixed the spawning issues with electric engines. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly. In any case, markup?

Wild shot in the dark at meaning: 6-wheeled vehicle, 5 wide by ~20-25 deep, heavy armor, with side doors just behind the cab. After that, interior walls, then a storage/crafting area, then either a solar panel array or fuel tanks, and finally a second control cab for reversing. Depending on how the engines have to be placed, they'll either go in the front, right behind the ram, or between the storage and power.

I'm also considering doing a sort of outrigger pod, possibly with mounted turrets.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 777